Status: Hiatus

The Four Stars

Chapter 6

I will tell you when to play the songs to the top left

Geneve’s Outfit: shirt, jeans and shoes

Juvien’s Outfit: shirt, jeans and shoes

Jullien’s Outfit: full outfit, sandals

Joanine’s Outfit: dress, sandals

Crystal’s Outfit: dress front, dress back, wedge heel

Maria’s Outfit: dress front,dress back, wedge heel

Third Person P.O.V

A few days later, the students are settled in their work environment. Little homework is given and the students complete it in time. Everyone seems to be having fun at school so far, especially in music, theatre arts, design and gym class.

The four friends sit in the music room waiting for the teacher to arrive. They continue to talk about what they should do for the upcoming competition by accepting and eliminating ideas.

“I’ve got it!” Juvien says excitedly.

Jullien smirks at him. “What’s the idea genius?” She says mockingly.

Juvien rolls his eyes at her and grins at Joanine and Geneve. “Why don’t we form a band?”

Geneve, Joanine, and Jullien think about it for a few seconds.

“That’s a great idea,” Joanine pats him on the shoulder. “I wonder why we didn’t think of that before.”

“Who cares? We all know what we’re gonna do now.” Geneve bounces with excitement. “I can play the lead guitar, Juvien plays the bass, Jullien – the drums, and Joanine can sing and play the piano.”

“Awesome.” Joanine says excitedly.

“This is almost like Coldplay, except that they’re two girls in the band.” Jullien giggles.

“So, all we have to do now is think of a song we are going to play and practice until we’re perfect.” Geneve looks to the doorway and sees the teacher walking in.

“Good afternoon students.” Mr. Hugo walks to the front of the class and clasps his hands in front of his chest.

“Good afternoon Mr. Hugo.” The students respond happily.

Mr. Hugo places a wide smile on his face. He looks like he’s bubbling over with joy. “Today we are going to do something different.” The students look at him puzzled. “Each student is going to come to the front of the class and sing one of their favourite songs.”

Some students groan at the thought of facing the class and others clap or shout something that shows their joy.

“Okay, who’s up first?” Mr. Hugo folds his arms across his chest and surveys the students. “No one? No problem, I’ll just randomly choose.” He looks at the students again and points at an Asian boy with straight red hair. “Hitotsu.”

“Me?” He asks incredulously.

“Yes you, now come on up and sing your song.”

“B-but I don’t have a favourite song.”

“Doesn’t matter, you can choose a song from the stack of CD’s beside my desk and I’ll play it for you.”

Hitotsu reluctantly gets up and surveys the stack of CD’s. “Hmmm, I’ll take Buzzlip – Wild Rock.”

“Nice choice. A rock fan?”

“Yeah.”

Hitotsu stands behind the mic and waits for the song to begin.

(Play Buzzlip – Wild Rock)

The song begins with the lead guitar playing and then the drums. The hard rock begins a few seconds later and the boy sings.

He flashes his coloured while he sings and holds the mic stand mimicking rock artistes that perform during a concert.

During the chorus and the bridge he pretends to play the guitar and constantly shakes his head like a rock star.

For the remaining seconds of the song he continues to play his imaginary guitar. He spins with the mic and at the end of the song he slides to the ground with the mic in his left hand mimicking the remaining words in the song. He receives applause from the class and wide smiles.

Hitotsu rises to his feet and bows. “Thank you, thank you. Yes, I know I’m awesome. Thank you again.”

The teacher cocks his head in the direction of the boy. “That was an interesting performance Hitotsu.”

Hitotsu giggles and walks back to his seat while taking compliments from his classmates.

A few more students sing their favourite song accompanied by music of their choice.

Jullien gracefully walks to the front of class and quickly makes her selection –Alanis Morissette – Uninvited. She clears her throat jokingly before singing.

(Play Alanis Morissette – Uninvited)

The music begins and she links her soul with the music.

Like anyone would be
I am flattered by your fascination with me
Like any hot-blooded woman
I have simply wanted an object to crave
But you, you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight


She looks at no one in particular and points while she sings. She sways and moves her arms to the rhythm of the song.

Must be strangely exciting
To watch the stoic squirm
Must be somewhat heartening
To watch shepherd need shepherd
But you you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight


Geneve closely watches Jullien. He cups his chin with his right hand and immerses himself in her performance.

Like any uncharted territory
I must seem greatly intriguing
You speak of my love like
You have experienced love like mine before
But this is not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight


I don't think your unworthy
I need a moment to deliberate


She gives her audience a bow, thanks her classmates for their applause, and quickly walks back to her seat.

Another set of students go to the front of the class and sing their favourite song. Songs such as Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars, Robin Thicke – I Want To Love You Girl, OK Go – Invincible, Sara Bareilles – Gravity, Silverchair – Straight Lines and Corinne Bailey-Rae – Girl Put Your Records On.

Joanine sings Plumb – Blush and Juvien, Daft Punk – Face To Face.

Juvien makes his performance lively by doing Michael Jackson moves and flashing his imaginary hair. The class laughs with him and he points at Joanine occasionally causing her to blush.

Geneve performs last. He sings Coldplay – Shiver

(Play Coldplay – Shiver)

He stands behind the mic. He listens to the intro of the song and then sings while focusing on one person.

So I look in your direction
But you pay me no attention, do you?
I know you don't listen to me
'Cause you say you see straight through me, don't you?


But on and on
From the moment I wake, to the moment I sleep
I'll be there by your side; just you try and stop me
I'll be waitin' in line, just to see if you care


He continues to look at one person and smiles.

Oh…
Did you want me to change?
But I'd change for good
And I want you to know that you'll always get your way
I wanted to say…


Don't you shiver
Shiver
Sing it loud and clear
I'll always be waiting for you


His focus doesn’t leave that person and he looks in her eyes and continues to sing.

So you know how much I need you
But you never even see me, do you?
And is this my final chance of getting you?


And on and on
From the moment I wake, to the moment I sleep
I'll be there by your side; just you try and stop me
I'll be waiting in line, just to see if you care, if you care


He begins to sing with more emotion and power in his voice.

Oh…
Did you want me to change?
Well I'd change for good
And I want you to know that you'll always get your way
I wanted to say…


Don't you shiver
Don't you shiver
Sing it loud and clear
I'll always be waitin' for you


He looks deeper into her eyes and points toward her

Yeah I'll always be waiting for you
Yeah I'll always be waiting for you
Yeah I'll always be waiting for you, for you
I will always be waiting…


He hugs the mic with his left and the muscles in his face project his masculine features

And it's you I see but you don't see me
And it's you I hear so loud and so clear
I sing it loud and clear
And I'll always be waiting for you


His face looks slightly sad and he tries to show her how he feels with the words he sings.

So I look in your direction
But you pay me no attention
And you know how much I need you
But you never even seen me


The class gives Geneve a standing ovation and he gracefully bows and thanks his classmates. He walks back to his seat and smiles at Jullien’s flushed face.

“Bravo Mr. Gustav that was an amazing performance.” Mr. Hugo smiles proudly at Geneve. “That showed so much emotion. I noticed your attention was focused in one direction.” He raises his eyebrow playfully at Geneve.

Geneve giggles and looks at the back of Jullien’s brunette curls. “It’s all about what makes me come alive.”

“Okay then. Have a good afternoon. Class dismissed.”

Image

The gang sits outside munching on lunch at one of the tables near the cafeteria. Joanine is beaming about Geneve’s performance and Jullien can’t help but tune her out.

“Oh my goodness Geneve, that was so amazing.” Joanine clasps her hands and props her elbows on the table.

“Thank you again Joanine, I really appreciate.” Geneve beams with a smile.

Jullien leans on Juvien and steals one of his French fries and dips it in his ketchup.

“Ugh Jules, that’s my food you’re eating.” Juvien complains. Jullien ignores him and takes another one and pops it in her mouth.

Joanine looks at Jullien cheerfully. “Did you like Geneve’s performance?”

“It was awesome.” She gulps some her water and places it on the stone table. “Why did you have to be staring at me?” She looks at Geneve seriously.

Joanine rolls her eyes and bites her burger.

“That song was for you Jullien.” He smiles reaching out for her hand on the table.

“Why me?”

“Be-cause,” Joanine interrupts, “you keep ignoring the fact that Geneve likes, scratch that, loves you.”

“You enjoy talking about Geneve and I don’t you?” She says irritated.

“Yes I do.” Joanine continues eating her burger.

Geneve giggles and sings a line of the song, “I’ll always be waiting for you.”

Jullien laughs and excuses herself. Juvien speaks when she is out of earshot.

“My cousin’s birthday is in a few weeks. What surprise do we have planned for her?”

“A party?” Joanine asks happily.

“An awesome party for Jullien. What gifts do we have in mind?” Geneve leans forward.

“Well, we could each get her a gift. By the way, why don’t we ask your mom for help in planning a party? She is a pastry chef.” Juvien beams.

“No problem. I’ll ask her as soon as she gets home.”

“Good, so all we have to do is meet each other a few times – without Jullien knowing – and plan what we need for the party.” Joanine takes a sip of her orange juice.

Juvien focuses his attention to the entrance of the cafeteria. “She’s coming back.”

Jullien resumes her seat and finishes her lunch. “The P.E teacher says he wants to see me after school so you guys can leave if you want to.”

“Why would Mr. Rayne want to see you?” Geneve asks puzzled.

“I don’t know.”

“Maybe you did something that made him angry,” Juvien chuckles and earns a slap on the arm.

Ouch – you didn’t have to hit me.”

“Sorry Juvien,” Jullien mocks him.

After lunch the four friends go to French class. This class is fun and the students never get bored.

“I heard that Geneve’s performance in his music class was quite amazing.” Maria twirls a strand of her blonde hair.

“Yeah, and it was for one person that he so desires.” Crystal smirks at Jullien.

Jullien glances at Crystal and notices her smirking at her. Jullien rolls her eyes and returns her attention to the teacher.

Jullien’s P.O.V

Geneve sang that song for me and I didn’t show much appreciation for it.To be honest, I was excited when he started singing the song and focused all his attention on me through the entire song.

What am I afraid of?

I turn to my left and look at Geneve. He looks at me and smiles and continues to write what is written on the board.

Those words are ringing in my head.

And it's you I see but you don't see me
And it's you I hear so loud and so clear
I sing it loud and clear
And I'll always be waiting for you


So I look in your direction
But you pay me no attention
And you know how much I need you
But you never even seen me


Juvien taps me on the shoulder. “Can you read number four for me please?”

“Yeah.”

Third Person P.O.V

The final bell for rings signalling the end of school and the teacher dismisses the class. The students leave hurriedly and fill into the crowded hallway. Jullien packs her notebook and pen into her bag and heads for the door.

“We’ll be waiting for you Jullien.” Joanine waves to Jullien outside of the classroom.

“It’s ok you guys can go ahead without me.” She cracks a smile and leaves for Mr. Rayne’s office.

Someone bumps into Jullien and she stops herself from saying sorry when she sees Maria smirking at her.

“Ooops,” Maria says sarcastically.

Jullien brushes her off and walks toward the downstairs steps leading to the area for recreational activities. This area is downstairs because when students do sporting activities they make noise.

Jullien is relieved to see the hallway empty of students, unlike the one upstairs that had students chatting, laughing and stopping abruptly – causing other students to bump into other students – in the hallway.

Jullien turns left to a hallway leading to Mr. Rayne’s office. She walks further down the hall and stops outside his door.

“Closed?” Jullien says to herself puzzled. She shrugs and turns around. Before Jullien goes back upstairs she hears mumbling that draws her attention. She turns around and walks in the direction of the sound. She leans on the wall and sneaks a peek around the corner.

The next thing Jullien sees shocks her. She is in disbelief at what is going on in front of her eyes.

“Oh my God,” she whispers shocked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I worked hard to have this chapter in order. I would like my readers to share it with their friends, comment, and rate. I am sorry I haven't updated in a while because I had exams to study for. I am on a break now and I will be back at school on Tuesday...unfortunately. Please make my time writing this chapter worthwhile because it took me more than two days to complete it. Thank you my readers and do not disappoint me. Keep smiling and rock on.