Status: HIATUS/WRITER'S BLOCK

Luna's Sun

Chapter Two

"You can't live on those rapid caffeine pills forever, you know." Sera chuckled, shaking her head at Luna who was shoving the pills down her throat in handfuls. Sera smacked Luna's hand away; pills flew everywhere, "Your heart will explode if you take that many! Here, just take three."

Luna snatched the three pills, cursing under her breath at Sera. She dry swallowed, coughed slightly, and flipped her blue-black hair from her face. Sera handed her a water bottle.

"Thanks," Luna choked. The circles under her eyes had deepened, and her skin became paler than ever over the past few months. She had Rei to thank for that.

"We have a longer drive today, the stars keep shifting further off course." Sera sighed, hoisting her bag on her shoulder. She wore a pair of dark wash skinnies, and a dark blue and black star hoodie. Luna had on ripped jeans, like most days, and a worn out white striped Element hoodie from her best guy friend, Nate.

"Are you kidding me? Please say you're kidding." Luna groaned. Sera shrugged with a frown. She took a crate out from under the couch; one of the thousands of crates in their house. If the bricks weren't visible, Luna would have believed their loft was made of crates and crates only.

"Heads up," Sera threw three spray cans at Luna, and Luna caught them with ease. "You need to stop using these up for messages with the Day people; we're not getting new cans until next month."

"Yeah yeah, I know. Quit naggin' me." Luna half joked. Sera shot a death glare at her. "I joke, I joke; I kid, I kid."

"Yeah, okay." Sera took three cans, and shoved them in her bag before grabbing her keys from the hooks by the door. She gave Luna a look of concern, "You can't waste your life on some girl, you know."

"She's not just some girl though, it's Rei."

"But sti-"

"You're not my mom, Sera. Quit shoving advice in my face." Luna snapped, and pushed past Sera to get to the car outside. She jumped over the balcony and landed perfectly on the grass. Luna smiled up at Sera, who looked still somewhat hurt from Luna's last remark. But Sera was known to brush it off.

"Show off!"
----------------------

Sera was right. The drive was longer than normal. Usually their job was an hour away at the most. But because the stars were basically blown out of spots, they had to go farther to the ones assigned to them.

Sure, flying up to the stars to cover up spots missing their shine, or just plain decorating them for the holidays didn't seem like a terrible job. Especially how Sera and Luna each had their own star to let out creativity on, it actually was pretty awesome.

But when unnecessary spaceships from Earth sped past their stars, it would knock them off course. Sounds unrealistic, right? Welcome to Luna's life.

"If all the Hover Juice is gone, I'll flip out. I don't want stupid metal jet packs." Sera vented. Luna nodded. The jet packs were beyond outdated, and "Hover Juice" was much better for the environment.

"You okay if I sleep a bit? I need a nap, "Luna yawned. Before Sera could nod, Luna rested her head on the car seat as she layed it down. Sera sped down the highway quietly.

Luna's thought's already drifted to Rei, and she began to dream about a time from when they were younger.

"I can't wait to get married," Rei said, brushing her long blonde hair and glancing at Luna in the mirror. Luna felt her face flush completely red.

"Well," Luna's ten year old voice spoke up, "we should be in each other's weddings."

"Oh yeah! I can be a bridesmade in yours, and you can be one in mine!" Rei turned on the vanity stool to face Luna, sitting on the floor. Luna had a different thought, but shook it from her head.

"The dresses are so pretty for the Night people. Us Day people only have bright white, and you all have lovely black dresses." Rei complained, shifting from the stool to the floor.

"Then you should just wear one from there!" Luna laughed, and so did Rei. They both knew crossing things over besides people from each side would cause unwanted problems.

"I'd have a better chance of marrying someone from the Night side." Rei joked, and Luna didn't laugh. Why couldn't she joke? Why did she take this so seriously? Everything Rei did, Luna tore apart and tried figuring out for some explanation as to why she felt different around Rei.

"Honestly, I don't think I'll ever get married. And I'm okay with it."

"Aw, c'mon Luna! Sure you will! I mean, you're just...there's no chance in hell that you'll be alone forever."

"Depends on how you look at things."

"Maybe you should take things one day at a time." Rei smiled at Luna. Luna's breath caught in her throat. Her smile was the most amazing one she's ever seen face to face. And Rei always complained about it for some odd reason.

"Did you hear how the sides are talking about seperating?" Luna tried changing the subject for her sake. Rei nodded, thankfully going along.

"Mhmm." Rei hummed, standing up and walking to the other side of her room. "We need to find a way to keep in touch, you know, in case it actually happens..."

Luna tried shutting that thought out. That can't happen. Why would that happen? ...Could it really happen?

Rei came back, took Luna's left hand, and tied a friendship bracelet around it. Colors of blue, black, white, and purple swirled around in a knotted spiral.

"If it does, you won't forget me, will you?"

Luna glanced up at Rei, holding in any emotions.

"Only if you promise the same."

-------------------

Luna woke up slowly, her vision blurred and her head cloudy. She saw blotches of red, and uneven lines.

"Sera...?"

Luna's vision cleared up, and she held in her cries.

"Oh God..."

The car they were in spun off the road while Luna was sleeping. Everything around Luna had crashed in towards her and Sera, but Luna only had a few scratches. Luna glanced over at Sera; her body was draped over the steering wheel, limbs crunched in uncomfortable positions, and her head was resting through the windshield. Blood was the new color of the interior of the car.

It was obvious to Luna that Sera was dead. Luna didn't react.

"Such a twisted, helpless soul, am I not?" She laughed, staring into Sera's lifeless eyes.

Luna didn't move. Didn't try finding help. She only sat next to Sera's mangled body and let the questions run through her mind before falling asleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
wahahahahha
THIS SUCKS BALLS.
not really?
idek.
I know it really makes no sense now, but it should.

...eventually o__________o
:D
thanks for reading !