How can I still love him now that I know I have to?

Some Shocking News

Silver ended up staying the night at my house. We were lying in my bed, about to go to sleep when I rolled over to look at her.
“What am I supposed to tell my parent’s about the two holes in my neck?” I asked her quietly.
“I have no clue. Let’s deal with that tomorrow, okay?” she replied. I nodded my head and rolled back over.
I awoke to people talking downstairs. I looked over at Silver, she was asleep. I quietly threw the covers off me and tiptoed downstairs. I peeked around the corner, and to my surprise, there was no one there. The TV in the living room was on. A reporter was standing next to a blue Mustang.
“Yesterday evening Jason Davis went missing. He is a student attending Ridge High School. His blue Mustang was found on May Dr. with the door open and the car running. There was a fair amount of blood on his seat, which leads us to believe that someone might have attacked him. There are some odd markings on the side of his car. Can we get a close up? Further details are unknown. If you have any information pertaining to this case, contact the station immediately. Back to you, Brenda.” I stood there, in front of my TV with my mouth hanging open. The information set in and I bolted upstairs, tripping and hitting my knee on a door frame on the way. I leaped on to my bed.
“SILVER, wake up!” I cried, jumping up and down on my bed like a five year old on a sugar rush. She gave me a death glare and sat up.
“What?” she wined as I grabbed her wrist and hauled her down the cream colored stairs. I snatched the remote and pressed rewind. The news report played again and once it was done, Silver looked over at me. I felt horrible because if I would have told Maxwell, he might have been able to do something. Tears silently fell down my face. Silver embraced me and said, “Oh, it’s not your fault. You didn’t know that was going to happen.”
“I should have listened to you,” was all I said in response.
“C’mon, we need to start getting ready,” she told me and headed upstairs. I sat there for a few minutes, thinking about Jason Davis. I didn’t really know him, though he was in one or two of my classes. I wiped under my eyes and went upstairs.

“Have you seen Maxwell, yet?” I asked Silver as we stood in our normal spot on the patio. It was a particularly cold Tuesday morning. Everyone was not full of their normal energy. It was most likely because of Jason. Nobody really goes missing around there.
“No, sorry. But there’s Alexander and Anthony,” she informed me and we walked over to them. We exchanged hello’s.
“Is Maxwell here?” I asked either of them.
“No, he’s at home doing…” Anthony began, but Alexander clearly stepped on his foot.
“He’s at home, sick,” Alexander told us, lying through his teeth. I exchanged a knowing look with Silver and she grabbed Alexander by his arm.
“I need to talk to you for a minute,” she announced, smiling and laughing. She dragged him as far away as possible from Anthony and me.
“So…” he said nervously, avoiding eye contact with me.
“So, why is Maxwell at home, exactly?” I interrogated him, placing my hand on his shoulder.
“Look, it’s not my business…” he began with new found confidence but I interrupted him.
“It may not be your business, but I think it’s mine,” I told him. He looked around checking if Alexander was in earshot.
“I can’t tell you. But I can take you to see him,” he offered. I thought about it for a few long seconds.
“Okay,” I answered him.
“I’ll take you after school,” he informed me once again checking to see where Alexander was.
“No, I need to see him, now,” I demanded and he looked taken aback.
“Okay, well that will work out better anyway. Alexander won’t be too thrilled if he finds out. Sneak out of first hour 30 minutes in. Meet me in the back parking lot,” he planned. I looked up at him and thanked him then ran off to meet Silver. On our walk to first hour, I told her the plan. She begged me to let her come with me but I told her no.
“Mrs. White, may I go to the restroom? It’s an emergency. I might have to go home and get some new pants,” I whispered, standing next to her desk.
“Oh, yes, my dear. Here’s an excuse,” she replied as she handed me a pink slip. I grabbed my things and headed for the back parking lot. I quickly spotted Anthony sitting in his car. Hopping in, I smiled to myself. He peeled out of the parking lot and we were on our way to the Tomlin house.
“So, how’d you get out?” he questioned me out of curiosity. I shot him a smile.
“I have my ways,” I answered him. The ride to his house was shorter than I remembered. Once inside, I took the steps two at a time. Just as I was running into Maxwell’s room, he was coming out, so I slammed into him.
“Woah. Sky?” he asked, looking bewildered and also very worn out.
“Um, hi. Look, don’t kill Anthony for bringing me here. I really need to talk to you,” I defended Anthony.
“Okay, c’mon,” he answered at last, leading me into his room and closing the door. He sat down on his bed and I began.
“So there’s something I should have told you yesterday. Remember those marks on my dresser? Well Silver and I found them on that blue Mustang that belonged to Jason Davis, the boy who went missing last night,” I confessed, looking ashamed.
“When did you find them?” he asked, paying full attention to my every word.
“Yesterday, after school,” I admitted quietly. He looked really frustrated.
“Dammit, Sky! How come you didn’t tell me?” he yelled and I flinched.
“I don’t understand what the big deal is ABOUT 4 STUPID MARKS!” I shot back.
“Just trust me, they are a big deal! I can’t deal with all this now. We’re running out of time!” he hollered pacing around the room.
“What do you mean we’re running out of time?” I questioned him.
“I can’t explain it right now,” he said apologetically.
“Uh, yes, you can. I’m so tired of you keeping things from me, Maxwell! I’m not a child!” I yelled at him and he cringed.
“Fine! You want to know?” he yelled like he didn’t already know the answer. I remained silent and waited for him to say something.
“You and I have to get married within 20 days after your 19th birthday!” he bellowed. I just stood there frozen.
“What?” I asked in disbelief.
“Yeah,” he replied quietly as he sat down at his desk, putting his head in his hands.
“Says who?” I demanded.
“My mom saved you dad’s ass when your parents got in a car wreck. They made a contract,” he informed me.
“You know what, Maxwell? I’m so tired of your crap!” I screamed at him and walked out. I ran down the stairs and saw Anthony sitting on the couch.
“Can you take me home?” I asked pleadingly, tears falling down my face. He nodded his head and grabbed his keys. When I looked back, I saw Maxwell standing there, staring at me. His face showed that he was hurt. I had no clue how to react or if I should believe what he told me. I just needed to get away from everything.
“So he told you about the whole arranged marriage thing, didn’t he?” he questioned me while he was taking me home. I slightly nodded my head. “He wasn’t lying, you know.” I just sat there and let his words sink in. We pulled up to my house and I thanked him then got out. As I was running upstairs, I could feel my body going numb. I flung myself on my bed and just laid there for several hours. After a while, I fell asleep. Stefan was waiting for me in my dreams.
“Hello, lovely,” he greeted me as I entered the white room of my dreams. He approached me, looking delighted. “I’ve been wondering when you would come visit me.”
“Well don’t flatter yourself. I’m not staying in Freaksville for long,” I snapped at him.
“So it’s going to be like that, is it?” he questioned me, taking several steps closer.
“Yeah, I think it is,” I reinforced also stepping closer.
“Good, I like them sassy. Seriously, though. What do you think you, a mere mortal, can do that would effect me?” I had no good comeback, so I just stood there. Stefan moved forward that we were face to face. He bared his fangs at me and I tried desperately not to flinch. Then, he retracted them and stepped back. “Your mortal is looking for you. I guess this is your stop. See you later.”
When I woke up, I heard someone one slam my front door.
“Sky?” Silver yelled.
“In my room!” I hollered back, sitting up. I took at quick glance at my clock and learned that it was 6:50. She walked in and sat on my bed.
“Anthony told me that you and Maxwell fought but he didn’t tell me what about,” she notified me, expecting me to tell her this long story, packed with details. Instead, I just sat there.
“I don’t want to talk about it,” I told her finally. She looked upset that I wouldn’t let her in on what happened, but I didn’t care. Three days went by and I still hadn’t told her. My parent’s called me and told me that they were going to be home for another week. I hadn’t gone to school and I wasn’t answering any phone calls. Silver was kind of annoyed that I wouldn’t tell her but she still came over everyday. We didn’t really talk when she was over. She did most of the talking, telling me about what went on at school. It was Saturday after noon and Silver was sitting on my bed. We were listening to music when someone knocked on my door. Silver hopped up and bounded down the stairs, clearly glad that she would be in the presence of someone less depressing than me. I listened to her open the door and I heard talking to a guy. So I got up and went half way down the stairs.
“Whatever you did to her, go fix it!” Silver said fiercely. I peeked around the corner to see Maxwell standing in my doorway. He was staring at the floor while she chewed him out.
“She’s a mess. She’s been skipping school and she barely talks to me anymore. Go! Fix her!” she demanded like I was a broken clock or something. Maxwell headed towards the stairs and I ran up to my room faster than I ever have. I threw the covers over me and pretended like I had been there all along.
He knocked softly on my open door and walked in. Maxwell took a seat on my bed next to me.
“Hey,” I whispered quietly.
“Hey, Sky,” he greeted me; his eyes were filled with sorrow.
“So we have to get married?” I asked him quietly. He looked at me and nodded his head.
“I’m sorry that you had to find out like that. I just didn’t know how to tell you. If I told you when we first met, you’d think I was crazy. Just don’t think that I don’t care about you, cause I do,” he confessed, tucking my hair behind my ear.
“I’m sorry I freaked out on you. I just needed to sort things out,” I admitted, looking down “So, is there anything else you need to tell me while we’re being honest?” I questioned him. He hesitated for few seconds then sighed while running his hand through his jett black hair.
“Nope,” he told me as Silver walked into my room.
“I suppose everything’s good now?” she asked the both of us. I looked over at Maxwell and he looked at me.
“Yup,” I replied, smiling.
“Good! What was all that about anyway?” she asked me. I looked over at Maxwell and asked, “Can I tell her?”
“Yeah,” he responded.
“Well, Maxwell and I are getting married,” I told her.
“What? Sky, wake up. You’re 18 years old. You can’t get married. I mean, you can but…….but you shouldn’t! Besides, you two like just met. It’s crazy, it’s stupid. So stupid so very stupid. It’s…”
“Would you just shut up already?” I cut her off but she walked out.
“Silver, let me explain!” I called after her as she stormed out. So I followed her.
“You don’t need to explain anything. I get it, you want to throw your life away,” she yelled. Her words cut me like a knife.
“It’s not like I asked for this, Silver!” I screamed and she looked back at me.
“What do you mean?” she interrogated me.
“It’s all arranged,” I confessed and she walked back in and closed the door.
“Oh. Wow. I’m sorry,” she apologized to me. We walked back upstairs to my room where Maxwell was sitting on my bed.
“So….” Silver dragged out and I smiled at them.
“I’m tired of all this serious stuff. Let’s go out and do something fun tonight. It’s a Saturday night!” I declared to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me a billion years to update.
Hope you like it.