Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Two!

After last night'sdisastrous dinner we decided that maybe it would be better if we spent the day all together with our friends. The ‘we’ meaning my parents and the Hacikyans. I had no say in anything anymore. But at least Cassie can come with me. It won’t be so bad if my best friend is with me. I can just talk to her instead of Shaant.

“Annabelle come on! Cassie’s here and we are driving the two of you,” my Mother shouted from down stairs. She made it perfectly clear that Cassie and I wouldn’t be driving ourselves because she didn’t believe I would go unless she escorted me. That’s alright though, I was even with her for that. She had laid out a beautiful white dress that had a flowered pattern all over it with a pair of white flats.

I cut the dress up and drew on the shoes with a Sharpie.

“What are you wearing?” she exclaimed when I got in the car.

Instead of her little prim and proper outfit I wore my favorite pair of white skinny jeans, a purple v neck, and purple flip flops to match.

“Well if you’d prefer I’ll wear what you laid out,” I offered.

“No time now. I’ll get it when I get home and you can wear it another time,” Mom said.

Ha, we’ll see about that.

“Thanks for coming with me Cass,” I said, looking in the mirror so I could see her.

Cassie smiled, “Don’t worry about it. I’d expect the same from you if the situation were reversed.”

“Oh definitely. But the situation wouldn’t be reversed Cass, your parents are NORMAL.”

“Oh Anna stop your whining. The Hacikyans’ are a nice family and Shaant is a nice boy. He’s very cute if you ask me.”

“I wasn’t.”

The rest of the ride was silent. I wasn’t too upset. I don’t want to speak with either of my parents right now. I just don’t understand how they could do this to me. They’ve been controlling in the past but this is like a completely new level. I mean, come on, this isn’t 1864 anymore!

“You girls have fun. The Hacikyans will bring you home after dinner,” Mom said hugging me and Cassie. Cassie was practically another daughter. I’m surprised they weren’t trying to marry her off too.

I spotted Shaant and another boy with dark brown hair and his parents. They seemed to be talking heatedly but when the boy I didn’t know shoved Shaant a little the tension in his face left and the discussion completely ended. I wonder why his parents had stayed to. He was so into the idea of us getting married last night, it’s not like he’ll run off.

“Hello Annabelle,” Mrs. Hacikyan was the first to greet me.

“Hi,” I feigned liking the woman.

“Okay! Well we will leave you kids alone. We’ll be back in a bit,” Mr. Hacikyan said patting Shaant on the back.

“Your parents didn’t let you drive over either?” Cassie asked.

“Nope,” Shaant replied.

That’s odd.

“Alright well I’m Cassie LeFaye. I’m Annabelle’s bestie.”

“I’m Jeff Czum. That’s Shaant since he isn’t speaking right now,” Jeff said smiling.

“I am speaking. It’s nice to meet you Cassie. And it’s nice to see you again darling,” Shaant said smiling at me.

“Don’t call me that,” I snapped, sitting down on the grass. I can already tell it is going to be a long afternoon.