Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Three.

We spent the next couple of hours in the park, talking andchoking down enjoying the picnic Mrs. Hacikyan packed for the four of us. Shaant kept putting his arm around my waist and every time he did, I jabbed him in the ribs with my elbow. He’d move his arm and then do it again a couple minutes later.

“Stop touching me,” I hissed after the eighth time. He chuckled a little, moving closer to me.

“Well, this is going to be some marriage,” he chuckled, placing one of his hands on my knee. I glared at him, snarled a little and pushed him away from me.

“So…” Cassie said quickly, trying to change the subject. “How long have you and Jeff known each other?” she asked. “Like best friends since birth or what?”

“Yea, pretty much,” Shaant said, nodding. “We’ve been best friends for a really long time.” I sniffled a little, biting my lip.

“Pretty much the same as me and Cass,” I told the two boys, nodding.

“Yea! We’re practically sisters!” she exclaimed happily.

“At least they aren’t marrying you off too,” Jeff joked, which earned a death glare from me. He gave me a sheepish smile. Shaant chuckled a little, kissing my cheek. I gagged a little and gave Cassie a look. God, can this be over already?

***

After Shaant’s parents dropped me and Cassie off, my mother was screaming at me; for the dress and shoes. Apparently, cutting up a seven thousand dollar dress and drawing on two hundred dollar shoes is not okay by her.

“Ma!” I exclaimed, cutting her off. “Cassie and I are going upstairs now.” I pointed at the stairs and motioned for Cassie to follow.

“I swear,” my mother said, shaking her head, “I don’t know where we went wrong with you.” I bit my tongue, stopping myself from shooting my mouth off and digging myself a deeper grave, as they say.

Cassie and I locked ourselves in my room, and turned on the TV. She flipped through the channels as I went into my private bathroom to take a shower and get all the Shaant ick off of me.

“I still don’t see why you don’t like him,” Cassie said. “He seems sweet enough. He’s rich, and pretty cute besides the hair.” I laughed a little, scrubbing my hair.

“Who the hell has hair like that?” I said, making my voice loud enough for her to hear over the shower. “I mean, come on.”

“Well, whatever,” she called back. I finished up in the shower and got changed before I came out, and plopped down next to her on the bed.

“I hate this,” I sighed. She made a face, sighing too.

“Well, you’re stuck with him,” she pointed out. Again, I got the same sinking feeling because both Shaant and Cassie were right. I was stuck with him.