Status: Active

I'm Gonna Get Through to You

Chapter Thirty One.

"What about these?" Jack asked, holding up yet another set of name tags. I had only been joking about them. Apparently, he didn't get that.

"Nah, get the white and blue ones," I told him, nodding. He nodded, putting the ones in his hand back and grabbing the ones I was referring to.

"Should we get anything else while we're here?" he asked, looking around the aisle. I bit my lip, thinking about it.

"Sharpies?" I asked. He nodded, looking around for them.

"I like the way you think, Annabelle," he informed, grabbing a huge pack of Sharpies. "Now let's go before it's time for the show!"

***

A month later and things with Shaant weren't getting any better. If anything, they were getting worse. I was trying my best to distance myself from him, hanging out with the other bands more than I did with even Cassie.

"Jack, put it down!" I exclaimed, holding out my hand to him. "In my hand. Now." He made a face, sighing.

"But Annabelle!" he countered, looking down at the cell phone in his hand. "I like your phone better than I like mine." I rolled my eyes.

"Doesn't mean you can take it. Give it back," I snapped. He made a serious face before he broke out into a smile, laughing. He put it back in my hand, patting my arm.

"You're funny when you're angry," he informed. At that moment, Shaant walked passed. He stopped, patting Jack's shoulder.

"You really think so?" he asked. "Marry her, she'll be angry at all times," he went on, "I promise you." I rolled my eyes, flipping Shaant off.

"It's not my fucking fault that you're such an asshole!" I exclaimed, shaking my head. Shaant shook his head too and headed for wherever it was that he was going in the first place. Hopefully, it'd be to jump off a bridge or something. Jack looked from Shaant's retreating figure to me and back once more before Shaant was out of sight.

"You two are married?" Jack asked incredulously. I shook my head.

"No Jack, we're not. Just...don't worry about it, alright?" I sighed, checking my phone as it buzzed in my hand. "Now if you excuse me, Cassie apparently needs to talk to me."

***

I found Cassie sitting in the bus in front of Jeff's laptop, with none of the boys in sight. I sighed heavily, sitting down next to her. She acted like I wasn't there for a couple moments before looking over at me.

"Shaant is getting jealous of you and Jack," she said, smirking a little. I raised my eyebrows at her, scoffing.

"First of all, Jack and I are not a couple," I informed. She shrugged.

"Seems like you are, but continue," she said, motioning for me to make my next point. I ran my hand through my blonde hair, sighing.

"Secondly, Shaant is not jealous," I said. "Why would he be, he had his chance with me and he didn't want it, so just get over it." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh really? Then why did he tell that guy from Hit The Lights that he didn't like the way Jack was looking at you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows at me. It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Which one of them did he tell?" I asked curiously. She bit her lip for a moment before shrugging.

"I don't know, but I know he's jealous!" she exclaimed. I groaned, leaning my head back.

"HE'S NOT JEALOUS, HE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME, GET OVER IT!" I shouted at her before standing up and heading off the bus. I was so sick of this. I just wanted to let this fiasco be over, but no one would let me and I couldn't take much more of it.