Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

The meeting

The ceiling had paint coming off of it, thinking about.....nothing. In the first time, in a long time I was finally free. Free of doing anything. School was way too complicated for me, I hated that I was involved so much. But that's what my mom would have wanted from me right?

Ring, Ring

"Hello?"

"Hello Kristen," The principle said.

"Good afternoon Mr. Prox. How can I help you?" I wasn't surprised that he called me, he always called me.

"Well tomorrow, I need you to meet the band Paul booked for the school concert in the morning," He said casually.

"Why can't Paul do it?" I said trying to hide the aggravation in my voice.

"His mother just called, said he was sick. So I need you to make sure all three of the concerts run smoothly," I was back to thinking about something.

"Okay, do you know what time they'll be there?" I sighed.

"I told them somebody will be there at 6:50 so they can set up. The keys will be under the mat," he said already assuming I wouldn't do anything.

"Oh, thanks. Anything else Mr. Prox?" Hopeful he would say no.

"Sorry, you're going to spending the whole day with them, like their own personal manager. We want them to see that our school is the best so make a good impression," It wasn't a plea, more like a demand.

"Yes sir. Last question what are their names?" I asked.

"The Jonas Brothers. There will be three of them. So that is all, thank you Kristen," It ended finally.

"You're welcome," I always faked my voice in conversations like these.

"Kristy," My little 6-year-old sister came in.

"Yes Lauren," I replied.

"Jenny said dinner is ready," Then out she went.

I sighed and went down also.

"Here you go Kristen," Jenny our nanny said.

"Thanks," I said looking at the wonderful dinner she had cooked. Jenny was my mothers best friend, and was always there for us after the accident. Even when my father remarried, she never left. I could always look to her for advice and what not. She was mine, and no one or thing could take her away from Lauren and I as long as I was alive.

"So do you know when dad will be back?" I asked.

"Not really. I mean you know how Cierra gets when they go to new places." Jenny said sitting where my father usually sits whenever he's home.

"Shopoholic," the word we called her. Secretly I called her gold digger, because that's what she was. But my father would never believe me, and he actually looked happy so interfering wouldn't be an option.

Lauren told us her about her day at school, and I shortly talked about mine. After dinner Lauren left to watch Spongebob. I loved my little sister, she was the reason for why I did this all.

"Jenny, I have to leave early tomorrow. So can you make sure Lauren gets on the bus on time," I said knowing she was always late.

"Sure. What are you doing?" She always wanted to know.

"Paul got sick, and wasn't able to meet the band he booked for the secret concerts. So who do they call, me, stupid vice president," I said, exhaustion finally catching up.

"Honey, you're not stupid. If you feel tired you should ask someone else to do it, I'm sure your principal will understand."

"Yeah right. He'll practically beg me to do it, but you can't tell her about it. It's a surprise for everyone, except the committee members," I smiled.

"Sure. So the shopoholic is keeping your dad in Europe," No expression was on her face, she was waiting for my reply.

"I guess he won't see my play then, to make me think he would actually come and see his daughter," I suddenly got frustrated.

"Honey, you know he wants too," She tried to make me believe.

"Sure he does, but he just can't leave his material wife for one night with his own daughter," I got worked up, but then stopped knowing that Jenny shouldn't be the one I take it out on, "I'm sorry, I'm going to bed now, night," I ran up to my room. Changed, and cried myself to sleep silently.

Beyonce was my alarm this morning. My IHome stereo read 5:45. As I sat up in the bed, I checked myself out in the mirror. How the hell was I suppose to make a good impression,' if I looked and felt as tired as koala bear. Whatever, I took a nice warm shower and straightened my normally curly black hair. I put my hoodie over my shirt and brushed off my dark blue skinny jeans. I put on my converse, grabbed my bags, keys, and my morning granola bar. Left a note reminding Jenny about Lauren and then closed the door softly.

I stepped into the blue Porsche 911, that my father sent over for my 16th birthday. My friends, they don't know I'm rich, so I told them my dad won it in one of those raffle things they do in the malls.

It was now 6:40. The parking lot was empty and I felt like I deserved a few minutes of sleep. But after my eyes were closed for only five minutes I could hear other vehicles enter the parking lot. Opening them, to see two busses enter.

Deep breathe, deep breathe. I stepped out of the car and leaned against the hood until someone got out. The door swung open, and a huge man came out, followed by 3 boys. Wearing sunglasses, which I thought was totally diva because it was cold and the sun was barely up yet. I walked over as more people came out.

"Hi, is this the Jonas Brothers bus?" I asked.

"Yes," The big guy answered, "You're not Paul are you?"

"No, sorry, he actually got sick. So I'm here taking over for him. My names Kristen Jacobs." I shook his hand, and his hard face expression melted and became soft.

"Big Rob. The boys' bodyguard," He stepped aside to show three smiling faces, glasses no longer on.

"So Paul didn't like us huh?" The one that was in the center asked.

"He does, but he got sick," I shrugged.

"Oh well, I'm Joe," The same one said shaking my hand, "These are my brothers Nick and Kevin," I shook their hands also saying hello, "And we're the Jonas Brothers," They all said together.

"Woah," I said quietly. The three gave me questioning looks.

"Do you guys practice that, because it was perfect," I asked. It caused them to laugh, "My name is Kristen by the way. I'm here to make sure you guys are happy and nothing goes wrong when you are with us at Fawks School." I replied.

"I think I am already enjoying Fawks," Joe said softly while smiling. Before he could see me blush I turned facing the school and I pointed to it.

"So I was told that you guys wanted to set up and sound check," I clarified.

"If it was possible," Kevin said nicely.

"Trust me anything you three want is possible," I mumbled under my breathe, smiling and nodding to them. We walked toward the gym, as I picked up the mat to see the pretty silver key. It was weird, being at school without anyone. Well, students anyways.

"So I'll be over there if you guys need any help with anything?" I said smiling.

"Do you know where the sound and light room is?" Joe asked.

"Yeah want me to show you?" I asked.

"If you don't mind," I nodded to his hopefulness.

"Joe we'll be down here to make sure you use the right ones, I'll send the crew up there later," Kevin said.

"Okay let’s go," I said as I walked to the hidden door at the top of the arena. We walked a flight of stairs before I opened the door. The room was cold and I shivered a bit, "Here we are,"

"Cool, do you know how to work any of this stuff?" He asked. I was confused.

"Don't you. I mean isn't that the reason we came up here?"

"Oh yeah, I do...it was just a uhh question," he stumbled.

"Well then yeah, sound board is over there, spotlights," I pointed everything out. I turned to see him just staring at me.

"Dude?" I waved my hand in front of his face.

"Woah, did you just say dude?" he asked.

"Sure. Okay, anything else?" I asked.

"I don't think so, the rest of the crew is coming. We should go down for a sound check," He replied and then leapt out of the room.

He was one strange, gorgeous, boy...

"Aw, the Jonas Brothers. Welcome to Fawks School," The booming voice entered, "My name is Mr.Prox, I am the principal. I see you met Kristen already, one of my top students this one," I could feel the burning in my cheeks.

"Well she's certainly been sweet to us," Joe said smiling, oh gosh my cheeks might have been the darkest shade of red ever.

"Excuse us as we do a sound check," Nick said and the three left.

"Sweet boys," Mr. Prox said ,"Like any of them,"

"Uncle Jack, you're not setting me up with any of them," I said.Yes he was my uncle. During school hours though I called him Mr. Prox, it was one of those things that my friends didn't know.

"I'm just saying, "He raised his hands and left.

"Hey Kristen can you hear me?" Nick said in front of me through the microphone.

"Loud and clear," I said back. Then Joe came running through the stage doing a back flip. I was amazed, and then thought he was a bit of a showoff. We he stuck the landing he flashed a smile in my direction, and I just rolled my eyes.

"So Ms. Kristen," Kevin said in the microphone as did both Joe and Nick, "Is there any place we can get some food?"

"Yeah, we have a place here that serves different kinds everyday," I replied.

"Do you mind if we go, I need to eat," Nick said.

I nodded and the three jumped off the stage. We walked across the campus to the cafeteria. A few kids were here now at school. Some hung out in the morning. Most of the time they were my guy friends fooling around with their guitars.

"Hey Kris, do you have your drumsticks?" My friend Rick asked.

"Sorry, I forgot them," I said and then his face was disappointed, "But I think Christian has some he could let you borrow,"

"It's not the same," He was now all gloomy. I laughed as we went over to the food area.

"Here we are, the cafeteria," I spread my arms open to emphasize.

They all took a tray and started to fill it up with multiple things. I took the Chex Mix cereal bowl and some milk then went to Lily, the cash register lady.

"Good morning Lily," I smiled.

"Morning Kristen, and who do we have here?" She saw the boys.

"They're the entertainment. Kevin, Joe, Nick, meet Lily. Lily meet the Jonas brothers," they were all full of smiles.

"Well it's my pleasure to meet such a pretty lady," Kevin said making Lily blush.

"Kevin, I don't think her husband would enjoy you hitting on her." We all laughed, "So anyways what’s the total?"

"It's on the house," She said.

I knew why so I just thanked her and went to sit down at the table. The boys' trays were stacked with pancakes, waffles, French toast. The greatest part about them was that they ate civilized; most of the guys' here ate with their food.

"So that's all you're going to eat?" Joe asked.

"Yea, I ate a granola bar earlier," I said.

They all gave me a weird look and I knew what they were thinking.

"I can't eat sweets, and if I were to eat any of those I'd need syrup, which I can't eat," I said dipping my spoon in the floating cereal pieces.

"Might I ask why?" Nick sipped his Orange Juice.

"Mr. Johnson, the school music director, says it's not good for you. Cold or sweet things,"

"But you're drinking milk," Kevin said.

"Shh, we all cheat and nobody needs to know," I said and then they all laughed.

"So you sing?" Nick asked.

"Nope," although I did, I was an actress. Pretending is something I do.

"But why else?" Kevin was now into the topic.

"I can't just take his instructions," I asked.

"Guys she's an actress, and she sings," Joe said.

"How'd you know that," We all looked at him stunned.

"Isn't it obvious?" He questioned and all of us just dropped the subject and went back to eating.

"Oh my gosh your the Jonas Brothers," pretty little Kathleen Watz came over.

"Yeah hi," They waved.

"I'm Kathleen, I love your guys' music!" She was extremely peppy for everyone. Kevin, who was sitting next to me, nudged me and gave me a look asking if we could leave. I nodded.

"Oh Kathleen darling we have to go now," I stood up.

"Okay then, I'll see you later at practice," She smiled.

"Definitely," We gave each other air kisses and then we bounced out of that place. As soon as we got out of there I screwed the fake 'we're bff' act.

"I hate that girl," I said forgetting the boys were there.

"Is there a reason? She seems nice," Joe said.

"Oh we're enemies, I got the part she wanted in the play. That and I dated the guy she liked. She's trying to sabotage me. Nobody wants to hurt her feelings though," I said trying not to be so blunt.

"Dated, as in past tense, as in single now," Joe said.

I smirked and nodded, "Sure Joe, sure"

We headed back to the gymnasium, "Well the elementary show is going to start in an hour,"

"Then we should be getting into lockdown," Nick commented.

"So is there anything else I can do?" I asked before the started to walk away.

"Uh, not really. Just be backstage when we come out of lockdown," Joe beamed and then the three left. He left me wondering what that meant.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was my first story, don't hate me.
I'm new to this. Any suggestions?