Sequel: His Second Chance

An Offer She Couldn't Refuse

A Bet on Food

Joe's POV
We were in lockdown right now, awaiting to start our first show today.Honestly, I was enjoying myself here at Fawks School already. The principal seemed nice, and then there was Kristen. A senior girl who was showing us around school and making sure we got everything we needed. She was sweet, nice, and extremely cute.

"Joe, whatsup?" Kevin sat next to me.

"Huh?" My thoughts were broken, making me pay attention to everyone in the room.

"You okay? You look like your concentrating on something hard. Or is it someone?" Nick was on the other side of me, smirking.

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about," I got up and took a water out of the little fridge.

"Yeah, and we haven't been your brothers for I don't know all our lives," Kevin wouldn't give up.

"Okay, why can't I just think about something? Is that so wrong," I sat back down in the other chair.

"Fine, so what were you thinking about," Nick folded his arms.

"How Fawks School is great," I smiled giving my answer.

"Oh, why is it great from all the other school's we've been to?" Kevin also crossed his arms.

I sighed in defeat,"Okay, you beat me. I was thinking about Kristen,"

"Psh, we knew that already. It's just fun giving you a hard time about it," Nick quickly got up and ran over to the fridge.

"So you planning on asking her out? I mean we are here for a week," Kevin announced.

"Kind of, but she's different. Not like any of the other girls we've had show us around school. I mean she says the word dude, and she's not all 'OMG it's the Jonas Brothers,' like everyone else does," I said thinking about rejection.

"Well all you have to do is try, maybe get to know her a little bit," Kevin, so called the romantic one, was always helpful.

"Guys, it's time,"Big Rob called. Time went by fast. We went back to the stage, finding a bored Kristen on the stairs.

"You look bored," Nick said sitting next to her.

"That's how I feel," She smiled and my heart melted.

"Maybe you should do some push-ups,” I suggested.

“I wouldn’t want to make you look like a wimp,” She sighed.

“Confident, okay, how about we make this a bet then,” I smiled.

She was smirking, “Okay, if I win you get me red and black drumsticks,”

“Fine, if I win I’ll tell you after,” We were having a stare off.

“Not fair but whatever. First one to 25, Nick can you count us off?” She asked not leaving the staring contest we were having.

“Yeah,” He said and I broke it as I knelt down, “Okay ready, set, go,”

One, two, three, pushups are easy when you’ve been do them every concert, 12, 13, 14, I wonder what number she’s on? 22, 23, 24, 25, “I WIN!” We both shouted.

“Sorry Joe, looks like I won,” She said.

“No, I think you’ve got it all wrong. I won,” I replied.

We bantered on for more than a minute, I enjoyed every minute of it.

“OKAY YOU BOTH WIN!” Nick burst and then walked away.

“Fine, what did you want?” She asked her arms crossed.

"I’ll tell you after this is over,” I ran up the stairs to join my brothers.

Kristen’s Pov
The show was went well. Their music is pretty amazing. Also the kids enjoyed the show, especially my little sister who was smiling like crazy. Occasionally, Joe and I caught each others gaze, then one of us would turn. Usually it was me, but I had to before I blushed. It was over and they came back down.

"Good job guys!" I said.

"Thanks Kristen," Kevin smiled.

"What time is it?" Joe asked, taking a sip of water.

"11 o'clock. Next show is at 12:45, why?" I asked.

"It brings me to my part of our bet, I want you to take me to eat somewhere other than the cafeteria," He emphasized on the me part.

"What about us!" Nick and Kevin shot at him.

"There's food on the bus," Joe said definately overseeing their point.

"Guys what do you want? I'll bring it back for you," this was me being considerate.

"At least someone is friendly," Nick glared at Joe,"I just want fries though,"

"Make that two please," Kevin said politely.

"Okay two fries and a hungry boy got it," I smiled as they chuckled a bit, then started to walk out to my car. Joe followed me into the back of the parking lot. The lights flashed as I unlocked my car with the button.

"Are you rich?" He asked.

"No, my dad won this in raffle," I smiled.

"So you're rich," It wasn't a question, more of an assumption he would keep.

"Now why would you think that?" I asked looking at him.

"Well you're not a good actress," my mouth dropped in doubt, "and you have Oscar De La Renta glasses," he noticed them on the visor.

"Okay maybe I am rich, but nobody needs to know," I said quietly.

"This means, everyone thinks your not rich," The car was started and I turned the radio on not answering his question. My house wasn't far away, maybe a 15 minute drive. Five minutes on the road, 10 minutes through the forest. I took out my phone and called home.

"Hello?" Jenny answered.

"Hey I'm bringing someone over for lunch right now," I said waiting for,

"Really!"She always got excited,"Well I made pasta,"

I turned to Joe who was looking out the window,"Hey do you like pasta,"

He nodded with a smile and then his eyes went straight back to the trees.

"Okay be there in a few," I said. We were about five minutes away from home. I really hoped he doesn't notice anything. Pulling up in the front, his jaw dropped.

"Woah," was all he said getting out.

"Hey you guessed I was rich, the least you could have done was to expect what I lived in," I laughed lightly at his amazement. All he did was look at me, I took his hand and pulled him through one of the french doors.

"Jenny, I have a guest," I said. She came out with a little hop in her step.

"Hello there," She said with a widest smile I had ever seen on her.

"Hi, I'm Joe Jonas," He shook her hand and she eyed me. All I did was role my eyes and smile.

"Okay well I have to go out to the store right now, Kris the pasta is in the pot. You know where the sauce and everything is. Make yourself at home Joe, it was nice to meet you," She said then started for the door.

"You too," After she left I walked into the kitchen.

"Sorry about that, I usually don't bring guy's home for lunch," I said getting a plate and handing it to him.

"Really why?" He said sitting on the chair, as I put the pasta pot in front of him.

"Because after they see this, you're not sure if they're in it for the relationship or the money," I said going to the pantry for the sauce and bringing it to the table.

"I can relate," He said taking a spoonfull out of the pot.

I went back to the kitchen and took out some potatoes and started to cut them.

"So what do your parents do?" He asked.

"My dad, he travels quite a bit. I can't talk about what he does though," I smirked.

"Ok, what about your mom," He said politely.

"She uhmm, passed away. Four years ago," I didn't look up from the cutting bored.

"Oh, I'm sorry," He said, sincerity in his voice.

"It's okay," I did look up to see him with a weak smile.

"So what's your life like Mr. Jonas?" I quickly changed the subject.

"I sing, did broadway, fan of the Yankees, homeschooled, wild hair, guitar playing, 18-year-old boy,you?" He said not standing on the other side of the island.

"Sing, wish I was on broadway, loves fashion,music,Yankees, Senior, wavy hair, plays piano and drums, 17-year old girl," I smiled.

He laughed,"Aren't you hungry,"

"Depends, are you going to let me eat from your plate?" I asked.

He grabbed a fork and held it out for me. I was surprised, but took it and twirled the noodles around and ate it,"You do know we're officially sharing this plate now right?"

"I've taken that into consideration," We both laughed.

I put the cut up potatoes into the frying pan, then sat on the island with Joe eating our pasta,"So how long are you guys staying for?"

"A week, we're going to go through the classes and talk to the students," He said.

"That's nice, maybe I'll see you guys around then," I said standing up, checking on the fries.

"Wait you mean you're not going to be with us?" he asked.

"Remember, I was here for Paul. He'll probably by back by tomorrow," I said smiling, but his face was looking to the ground, "But I'll see you around at school, promise," I said he looked at me and gave me a smile. I took out the fries and put them on a plate, leaving them to cool. He stuck his hand out to grab one but I smacked it.

"Ow,"he said.

"They're hot Joe," I replied putting everything else away.

"Nothing's too hot for," He grabbed one,"OWWWW!!!!"

"Joe hand over the sink," I said while grabbing the glass bottle in the shelf. He followed what I said as I poured the liquid over. He sighed in relief.

"What is that?" He asked.

"Family medicine. Secret stuff," I put some cold water into a wash cloth and handed it to him. He nodded thankfully. I wrapped up the fries for Kevin and Nick, then taking one out for Joe. Placing the one into a napkin, I gave it to Joe,"Here,"

He bit into it,"These are delicious!"

"Thanks, okay we have to go now. Its 11:55," I said packing everything up.

"K," He helped me, then we went into the car.

"This was fun," The car started as he complimented,"Really great food,"

"So does this mean I'll be hearing great remarks from Mr. Prox?" I asked at the stoplight.

"Maybe, depends on how the next two concerts go," He smiled. We were almost to school.

"Here we are," I said parking next to their bus, "And you're late,"
We bothed jumped out of the car and went inside. Big Rob was there when we entered.

"Sorry we're late," Joe said.

"Yeah, everyone is in lockdown," He replied. Joe started to walk in the hallway, before I remembered I had Kevin and Nick's food.

"JOE!" I shouted, he spun around. I held up the food and he came back jogging.

"Thanks," He said and took them.

"No problem," He turned away smiling and ran back down and disappeared into the room. I went back to my stair and sat there. Occasionally I texted some friends who were now eating their lunch. That was honestly the best lunch I've had in a while...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so what do you think?
I'm not used to this whole, double space thing,
but I think I'm getting better at it.