Breaking the Addiction

Addictions

Reah found herself straying towards Cory and Eric's house. The one that Carter was living in. She knew he had found out about her lie, but he had told Rachel to let her know that he had punished Eric and Denise was no where to be found. Reah had smiled about it, knowing he wasn't angry with her, but with Eric. Reah looks up when she stops, and walks to the door. She knocks and it opens. Carter stares at her and nods.

"You lied to him didn't you?" He asks her.
She nods and walks past him into the backroom.
"Fuck, get the fuck out." She snaps to the small group who were seperating pills. They stood up and left without another word.
She knew that everyone there knew what she survived, and they respected and feared her for it. She smiled, knowing that she would never have to say anything twice. She sits down at the table and looks at it, she notices the blood stains where her head had been.
"I couldn't bring myself to clean it." Carter whispers from the door.
"Memories are sweet no matter how bitter Ace." She states.
She watches him sit across from her and starts sorting the pills he hands her.
"You won't even have to be here any more." He tells her.
"Why's that Ace?" She asks.
She had been the only one allowed to call him that since she had gotten hurt. She didn't know that he had beat anyone who called him that after she left. It had only been a week, but it was a painful one for those who lived in E&C's.
"Because you're a partner now." He tells her.
She looks up from the pills she's sorting and stares at him.
"That's right. Half of what I make goes to you and you do nothing but check in whenever you feel the need." He tells her.
She smirks and takes a bag of Vicodin, sliding it into her messanger bag.
"That's my girl." He says, taking a bag of Escasty for himself.
They stand up and walk to the door. When they get there he opens it for her and she walks out, his arm on her shoulders. She winces when he pushes down and he smirks to himself.
"Where's Eric?" She asks, keeping her voice quiet.
Ace points to the stairs and she nods, walking away from him. When she gets up the stairs, she opens the door to Eric's room.

"Ric?" She calls out.
"Reah?" He calls back.
She flips the light on and gasps. He's laying on the bed, his leg in a cast and his arm in one too.
"You have to call me Strong now." She tells him quietly, sitting next to him on his bed.
"Partner huh?"
"Yea."
"REAH!" Tre's voice is loud in the quiet house.
"Fuck." Reah groans and walks to Eric's window.
He nods at her as she opens it and leaps out into the tree. She let's herself drop down and runs as fast as she can, jumping the small fence connecting the back yard to the neighbor's yard.

She runs until she reaches the next street over. She can hear Tre still yelling and Carter yelling back. She starts running again until she reaches the small store at the end of the road. She walks calmly into the bathroom and tries to clean her face up. When she's satisfied with her apperance she leaves the bathroom and walks around the store, picking up different things and putting them into a basket. She had just started to grab a pack of sodas when the bell rang. She decided not to turn around, instead she put the soads and a few energy drinks into her basket. She winced at the weight of the basket, until she felt it being lifted off her arm. She turns around and see's Tre smiling down at her.

"Hey baby." She smiles at him.
"Hey. What else do you need?" He asks.
"I kinda wanted Marshmellows and some chocolate and some other candy." She tells him.
He smiles down at her and starts grabbing candy off the shelves and putting them in the basket. She grins when they bring it to the register. $172.00.
"Shit Reah. Hungry?" Tre mumbles, pulling out the money.
Reah laughs and follows him out to his car with the bags. They get in the car and go down the road. She knew that they'd pass Eric and Cory's. What she didn't expect to see was cop cars. Tre smiled as he saw he tense up when they drove by, he waved to the Sheriff and Reah closed her eyes, opening them when she heard yelling.

She looked over, not noticing that Tre had stopped to talk to a cop, as Eric was being brought out in a wheelchair, and Cory was standing near the door, talking to a cop with a smile. Ace walked up to her door and knocked on the window. Reah hesitantly rolled it down and looked up at him.
"Hey Strong."
She winced when he said her name, and Tre visibly tensed up.
"Hey Ace."
She smirked when Carter's smile faded.
"Can I get a ride?" He asks.
She nods and he gets in. Tre tells the cop goodbye and takes off down the road. Stopping when he turns the corner. Reah turns around with Tre and looks at him.
"How the fuck did you do it Ace?" She asks angrily.
"Calm down Strong." He tells her.
She closes her eyes and shuts her mouth.
"When your boyfriend showed up, I knew we were in for some shit, so I called the cops first. Claiming that when I got to my cousin Eric's house there was a ton of people there doing drugs and I was scared for Eric because he was in his bed in a cast."
Reah smirks and looks at him, shaking her head.

"Now what?" She asks.
"Now we find a new place." He tells her.
Carter smirks when he sees Tre stare at Reah; his smirk grows into a smile when she doesn't turn to face him.
"Alright. Well where?" She asks him, unaware of Tre.
"I was thinking that we'd use Denise's house." He tells her.
Reah smirks and nods at him.
"I like it." She tells him.
"Yea? Good. Can't have my partner disagreeing with me."
He smiles wider when Tre turns to the front and Reah keeps smiling at him.
"Get. Out. Of. My. Car." Tre tells them, his words cold.
"Tre?" Reah asks, looking at him.
"OUT!" He hollars.
"Ace, I'll catch you later." She tells him.
He nods and gets out of the car. Waving as they pull away.

"I'm not playing this fucking game Reah!" Tre hollars, pulling out of McDonalds.
"What game?" Reah asks him confused.
"You said you chose me." Tre tells her, his voice low.
"I do choose you baby." She tells him.
"Then what's this?!" He screams, holding up a bag of pills.
"That is my next paycheck." She explains calmly.
Tre pulls the car over and stops, turning to look at Reah.
"You have a choice right now." He tells her.
Reah looks up at him.
"You can take the pills right now and go find Ace."
"Or you can throw these pills out and come home with me." He tells her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe another cliffie.