Status: After three years of not being active on Mibba, I want to come back and write again. I hope you all will love it. Right now school is pretty crazy and I'm having horrible writer's block (who wouldn't after three years?), but hopefully more will be up soon! Thanks for the support!

Decode

What's the deal?

Austin was texting with a smug smile on his face. I glared at him as he sat in his seat.

“Sorry I’m late guys, traffic was bad.” he said. I continued to glare at him. He made no eye contact with me. He was the first one out of the room when the meeting was over. I was pissed through my entire morning, up to lunch where I was more pissed off as I walked down the hallways to Austin’s room. I stopped at the door way and leaned on the wall. No one was in the room except him. He was typing away on his computer.

“Where the hell were you?” I asked in a short tone. He stopped typing and looked at me for the first time since yesterday afternoon.

“What?” he asked as if he misheard me. Right. I smiled sarcastically and walked towards his desk. I leaned over his desk.

“Why didn’t you come home?” I whispered. He sighed, and spun his chair, so he faced me.

“Listen, we had a few more drinks then we should’ve had last night, and I didn’t want to drive, so I just stayed at Ben’s house.” he explained. I listened intently.

“But you drove back to his house, why couldn’t you take two blocks down to make it home? What happened to taxis?” I asked, upset that he had a good reason. I was fooling myself. I couldn’t stay mad at him.

“I was wasted last night, Brooke. I can’t remember most of the night and I didn’t want to come to our home and make you deal with me. I thought it’d be simpler if I just crashed on Ben’s couch.” he smiled. By this time he had gotten up from his chair and was rubbing my arms with his hands.

“Oh, god, I’m sorry. I was just worried and upset. I didn’t sleep well, I spilt my coffee before I could really drink it, and I missed you. I didn’t even get to kiss you.” I said.

“Shhh, it’s okay now. I’m right here. See?” he hugged me tightly, stroking my hair.

“Alright.” I sniffled into his chest, “A phone call would’ve been nice though.”

“I know, I apologize for that too. My pride got the best of me.” he laughed. He pulled my chin up and kissed me softly.

“There, better?” he asked, looking down at me. I chuckled a little. “Yeah.”
I looked at the clock.

“Well, I’m going to go get coffee. I’ll see you later.” I said. I walked out to the car, feeling more relaxed. As I walked into Insomnia Coffee Company and saw Robert, I remembered that I was actually supposed to meet him here today.

“Hey!” I said. He jumped, looking paranoid. He looked up and saw me and a smile spread across his face.

“Oh, hey.” He said, “You scared the crap out of me.”

“Sorry.” I smiled. “How are you?”

He sat there for a minute and thought about it. He looked down and shrugged.
“I’ve been better. You?”

“Actually, I’m better. I didn’t get much sleep, but I just need some coffee and I’ll be a lot better.” I said, as I sat down. He looked concerned.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why?”

“Oh, just, ya know, bad dreams.” I answered. I didn’t feel like uncovering my problems to a complete, handsome stranger. He raised his eye brows as if he understood the feeling.

“So, what do you do for a living?” he asked. I sighed, “High School English teacher.”

“That must be tough.” he said.

“It’s actually not bad. Well, it could be better, but I’m not in it for the money.”

“What are you doing it for?” he asked.

“I love English.” I said. “I love reading and writing.”

He leaned over, interested.

“Really?” he asked. I nodded.

“Well, can you tell me about Edward Cullen’s character?”

I smiled. He was so cute.

“Yeah let me go get some coffee. I’ll be right back.” I said, getting up and into line.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, is Austin full of crap or is he telling the truth?!
Hmmmm.
More people comment! I love them. Please Please Please. It's all I've got!