More Than You Know

Chapter 8

The weeks passed quickly and Michael and I kept up our routine of club games at night and looking for a place for him to stay by day. Somehow, Michael miraculously found something wrong with every house we looked at. Too small, too big, wrong color etc.

“What was wrong with this one?” I asked as we drove back to my apartment from yet another reject.

“I haven’t figured that out yet. Don’t worry; I’m working on it though.” He responded as we pulled up to a stoplight.

“You can’t just reject every house I show you, do you even want a house?” I asked letting a small amount of frustration seep into my voice.

“Nope.”

“Well then what the hell do you want?”

“I want to live with you.”

I looked over at him, the surprise written on my face. “Me?”

He nodded with a grin on his face.

I shook my head vehemently. “No, absolutely not. I can’t do that.”

He looked hurt as he leaned his forehead against the glass of his window.

“Michael, don’t be like that. I just-”

“You just don’t want to live with anyone, you would rather live your life out like the bachelor you are, ‘Super Beckett’ selling houses by day, and screwing whoever you want by night, and the best part is, you don’t even have to worry about the person getting feelings for you because you will never see them again. Right?”

A lump lodged itself into my throat as I acknowledged the tough realization that everything he just said was right. And to be honest, it kind of hurt hearing about the kind of person that I am from someone else’s point of view, from someone else’s mouth.

“You don’t have much room to talk Michael; I know how you were back in Australia. So don’t sit there and act like you were the perfect angel virgin who had never slept with anyone until you came home and had big bad me take advantage of little old you. Come one, you’re a good liar, but you aren’t that good.” I shot back, and regretted it instantly.

“Wow William, that was real mature. Pull into this parking lot and let me out of the fucking car.” He ordered pointing to a strip mall parking lot.

I silently obliged and did as he ordered, biting my lip painfully the whole way. I pulled into a parking lot, locked the doors, and disabled his lock buttons so he would have no choice but to listen to my sappy, under thought and most likely overly pathetic apology. Hey, it’s worth a shot.

”Michael, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.”

Wow William, that was pathetic, that’s all you can muster? So much for being deep.

“Yeah, well that’s too little too late William. We aren’t in kindergarten and I’m not one of your hookups that you can just manipulate and control until you get tired of them. I’m gonna tell you again, let me out of the fucking car.” He hissed pulling on the handle.

I sighed and unlocked his door to watch him walk away.

It’s not the end, I’ll be damned if I’m just gonna let him walk away from me just because of one argument.

But for now he’ll be okay. He’s a big boy who can take care of himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please forgive me for taking so long to update.

I have had such a major writer's block and I dont want to mess this story up.

Comments please loves!

xoxo
Em