More Than You Know

Chapter 7

We arrived at the club and Michael and I laid out our rules for the game that would begin when we walked inside the dilapidated hole-in-the-wall building.

“You’re the designated driver!” I yelled throwing the car keys into his chest.

“Am not! I don’t even have my driver’s license here!” He said tossing them back to me.

I stuck my tongue out at him and stepped out of the car with a pout.

“Real mature William.” Michael laughed as we stepped inside the building.

Let’s just say the building is a hell of a lot bigger inside than it looks from the outside. The bar is along the length of the far back wall and the bathroom’s are behind screen doors on the right side of the room. The dance floor comprised of dancing bodies and the bar of half drunk left over’s and people who are “too cool” to dance.

“I call the bar because you’re the designated driver. So, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go get wasted.” He teased walking away.

“You better be careful! You might end up at the wrong house!” I yelled after him as he disappeared in a crowd of girls.

“Hey you, you’re pretty hot.” I spun around to face my attacker and was surprised to see that the husky voice belonged to none other than a woman.

“Uhm, thanks?” I responded raising an eyebrow.

I reluctantly and not without a great effort, ran my eyes down her figure. Obviously fake boobs, extremely skinny, manicured fingernails and toenails, a hell of a lot of makeup. This girl’s appearance summarized in two words would be Malibu Barbie from hell.

“Like what you see?” She asked putting her hands on her hips and shaking her hair behind her shoulders.

Stomach vile had risen uncomfortably in my throat as I resisted the urge to vomit at her suggestive nature. Time to let this girl down, hard.

“Honey, I don’t like girls. I love guys, maybe I’ll hook up with your brother if he’s hot.”

I watched her expression change to a disgruntled one as she scoffed and walked away.

Thank god. Michael wouldn’t have let me live that down if he had been forced to bear witness to that.

“That was a good one, but she is right, you are pretty damn hot.” A man’s voice said into my ear.

This time, I was approached with someone I was fully happy with. A somewhat short, black haired, green eyed, guy with snake bites and tattoo sleeves on his arms.

“The name’s William.” I said into his ear.

He smiled, ran his eyes up and down my body, and looked into my eyes with a smile that told me he liked not just my outfit, but the body that filled out the outfit.

“Matt.” He responded.

I smiled in return and celebrated my obvious win.

Michael lasted a lot longer than I thought he would as far as not being drunk enough for me to drag him out of the club, but when he was, it was a pretty funny sight.

“All right Michael, time to get you home.” I said throwing his arm around my shoulder.

The guy he was talking to looked appalled at the sight of another guy dragging his perspective hookup away from him, especially in the vulnerable state he was now in.

“Are you his-“

“Boyfriend.” I cut him off and took great pleasure in watching the look of horror spread across his face as I drug Michael across the dance floor and to the door.

It was easy enough to get him situated in the passenger seat where he passed out into a peaceful, alcohol induced slumber. I frowned, acknowledging the fact that he was not an obnoxious drunk.

But he does look extremely peaceful asleep.

I reached out and moved the fringe away from his eyelids and smiled to myself before starting the car and driving home.

Once back at the apartment, Michael was still passed out cold, so I carried him into the apartment and dumped him on the couch. He can sleep in his clothes, he’ll be okay. So, I covered him with a blanket and got into the shower to wash the sweat off of my body.

What a whirlwind couple of days this has been. I find it extremely hard to believe that I met Michael not so long ago, yet there he is, asleep on my couch in a drunken stupor.

I stepped out of the shower and dried off, slipping on a pair of pajama pants with red plaid on them and walked into the kitchen to have a glass of water and a midnight snack so I didn’t go to bed on an empty stomach, when I heard Michael’s footfall behind me.

“Shouldn’t you be asleep?” I asked sitting on the edge of the counter.

“Nah, if I told you that I was faking the whole time I’m sure you wouldn’t believe me. So I’m just gonna say I woke up.”

“You faked it?” I asked not hiding the surprise now.

“Yeah,” He said letting a blush color his cheeks, “I bet the bartender thought I was a wimp too because I got wasted off of one apple martini.”

“You got an apple martini?” I choked back a laugh at the thought of how fruity of a drink he had ordered.

“That’s not the point. There were terrible pickings at that bar and I had to get the hell out of there.” He said leaning against the fridge.

“I win.” I smiled.

“No you didn’t, that didn’t count, we are gonna pick up where we left off, next weekend. At a bar of my choosing.”

I sighed and dropped my shoulders in defeat.

“Fine, but I’m bored and I suggest you entertain me because I had to carry your ass into this damn apartment.”

He laughed and walked up to me, hugging me around the waste, “I’m alright with that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There are 21 subscribers 0o.

Making this my most successfull single story. Thank you!