Status: Updates will be more regularly.

Reflect the Darkness Within

Chapter Seven.

I open my eyes slowly and just like I had expected Annabelle was staring straight at me, fury all over her face. I gulp and let go of William’s hand realizing I was still holding it.

“You and I need to talk.” Annabelle hisses at William.

“Yes ma’am.” William replies politely and walks over to her; it was like he wasn’t even scared.

“You and I will talk later.” She glares at me.

I stare at them as Annabelle leads William down the hall and then into a room. I take in a deep breath of air hoping this would all turn out okay in the end.

I make my way to the kitchen and open a bag of chips that had been lying on the counter, I was starving. I chomp on the chips waiting for William and Annabelle to come back.

A couple of moments later I hear Annabelle shouting but I couldn’t really quite make out what she was saying, she was probably insulting and threatening William. I sigh walking to the fridge and take out a gallon of water and just drink from it, Annabelle probably wouldn’t want to drink from it after this.

A few minutes later the shouting subsides followed by silence.

One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi…

Maybe Annabelle had killed him and she was trying to clean up the mess.

“Amber!” Annabelle shouts with a hint of shock in her tone.

“Sorry.” I mumble and place the gallon of water back in the fridge. It wasn’t entirely my fault that I was jumping to conclusions.

I start to hum as I make my way to the living room.

“Let’s see what kind of books Annabelle likes to read,” I murmur as I begin to browse through the books.

Then I stop as I notice a book -‘The Element Of Faerie Magic.’ I take out the book and open it; I flip through the first couple of pages, a bunch of acknowledgements and what not, and then I begin to read as I notice the headline “Where the magic comes from” as I keep reading my mouth drops and I gasp.

I shut the book close and walk furiously towards the room Annabelle and William were in, I point my index finger at the door, causing it to burst open.

Before I can even say anything Annabelle steps in front of me.

“I can explain!” She says looking a bit frightened.

“Explain how you get your powers from my magic!?” I shout throwing the book at her.

“Amber please calm down.” She tells me as she takes a couple of steps closer to me.

“NO! That’s the only reason you need to protect me! That’s why you want me to use my magic, so you won’t have to use fairy dust and so you can evolve and be a fairy forever!”

My hands were trembling with anger; I didn’t know Annabelle could be so selfish. I was starting to believe that the only reason why I was even on this planet was because of my magic.

I could feel somebody’s gaze on me, and then my eyes flicker to William who was looking at me with an inquisitive look. He looks away quickly making my heart stumble a bit.

“I’m Sorry.” Annabelle says, I turn to look at her, I really didn’t know what I could say to her, I just wanted to be left alone.

“You can leave if you want.” Annabelle mumbles it was barely audible.

I shake my head and faced to look at William.

“You’re going to help me, help him.” I tell her as I turn to look at her.

“That way I’ll be using magic and you’ll be able to have your immortality.” I simply say and turn around walking out of the room. Now both of them were going to get what they wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D