Status: Updates will be more regularly.

Reflect the Darkness Within

Chapter Six.

I open my eyes slowly, I really didn’t know what to expect. I look around the small park, I hadn‘t been here before, I was somewhere that I didn’t know. Maybe I should go back. I ponder; Annabelle would just kill me if I did. I stood there unable to think of what to do, I decide to sit down at a nearby bench and just wait for the sun to set down, it was nice being out in the open.

“Mind if I seat here?” I hear someone ask a couple of minutes later.

I turn around and smile at the women. “No, go right ahead.” I tell her and turn back to look at the sky.

“Are you here by yourself?” She questions me.

“Yeah, I like to relax and just think.” I reply with a small smile without looking at her.

“It’s always peaceful to be around nature.”

“Yes it is.” I agree and take in a deep breath of fresh air.

We continue talking for some time, until she had to go home because her son was hungry, we said good-bye and she walked away. I smile to myself feeling at complete ease.

“I’ve been waiting for the perfect time.” I hear a silky voice behind me.

My eyes widen and my heart begins to race.

What if this was the dream I had and he was here to kill me? Oh God, I shouldn’t have left the house. I’m so stupid. I gulp and close my eyes.

“Who are you?” I ask in a low voice.

“You know who I am.” His voice was soft and unthreatening.

I open my eyes and turn to the side to see William sitting next to me on the bench, he was staring at the last light the sun was giving out.

“What do you want?” I ask him feeling my nerves calming down.

William turns to look at me and then looks back away.

“You’re not scared of me?” He asks avoiding my question.

“Should I be?”

“No,” he replies simply. “I’m not going to hurt you.” He then adds as he looks at me.

His bone structure was perfect and his skin looked so soft and velvety, he’s eyes weren’t red as I had seen them in my dream; they were a light brown with a bit of a greenish hint to them.

“Why have you been following me?”

“I’m not the only one that has been following you, but you probably already know that since she took you out of the train.” William speaks with a bit of annoyance in his tone.

“Is it true that you want me for my magic?” I ask him as I whisper the last word.

“Yes and no.”

I make a confused face and stare at him.

What was that supposed to mean? Yes and no, he wanted my magic but not entirely?

“I don’t want your magic; I need you for your magic.” He tells me trying to explain.

“You need my help?” I ask him trying hard to believe it.

“I know it’s crazy, a vampire asking help to a witch, but I really need help.”

“Exactly what is it that you need help with?” I ask him.

“I need you to take me to the past, just for a minute or so.”

“I don’t know if I can, it’s jus-”

“I even have the date and time.” He says quickly and desperately as he pulls out a piece of paper and moves closer to me.

“You need to help me.” He then says.

I stare into his pleading eyes, I want to help him but I just can‘t. I hadn’t done any magic to that extent in a long time.

“I need practice first, I kind of gave up magic and it’s hard when you haven’t used it in a long time.” I tell him in a low voice.

William stays quiet and looks away and stares at the dark playground of the park, then he looks back at me.

“You can still help me right? I’ll wait as long as it takes.” He tells me.

I nod. “Yeah, but there’s a small problem,” I pause.

“What is it?”

“You know the blond lady that was following me? Well she hates you and she can hear everything I’m thinking and she’ll probably kill me since I just left without telling her.” I sigh.

“She’s my guardian, and she thinks you’re out to kill me, and I don’t think she would hesitate in killing you.” I finish with a deep breath.

William frowns as he begins to think deeply, I could tell by the way his forehead furrowed and he seemed to be lost in thought.

“Take me to her.” He then says.

“W-what?”

“I want to talk to her, take me to her.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

William shakes his head and stands up.

“It’s the only way.” He told me and extended his arm out to me. I looked at it and took it, his hand was cold but soft and smooth.

“Is she a witch too?” He questions.

I shake my head. “Far from being a witch, maybe a bitch..” I say with a smile.

William chuckles making my heart skip a beat or two, I had never heard such a beautiful laugh before, it was like hearing a baby laugh for the first time, it was filled with emotion and happiness.

“What is she then? A human?”

“No, no.” I shake my head. “She’s a fairy, guardian of witches, that’s why some people say they’re evil because they protect people like me.” I shrug. “But I didn’t know that until just recently.”

“A fairy? Aren’t faeries supposed to be sweet?”

“Not this one.”

“Take me to her; I’m willing to take any chances.”

I take a deep breath and take hold of William’s right hand.

“Annabelle’s place is where we want to be.” I point my index finger at us and soon the wind hit us as we traveled back to Annabelle’s house.