Now That We're The Same, We're Together Forever

We're Talking Now?

She said it. She said the three words first and I knew she meant them. I knew that was true. What I felt for Bella just six days ago, was now almost nothing. I do still love her, but not the same way as Rory. How can Rory still love me after how much I loved Bella? Quil must not have told her exactly what I would have done for her. I’m almost glad he didn’t.

I opened the front door to my house. My dad was sitting in his wheelchair in front of the doorway almost as if he was waiting for me.

“What did you do, Jacob?” he said in his deep, hoarse voice. I looked at him as if I had no idea.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I started to head for my room.

“Calvin called. He said to be expecting a guest tonight. I was hoping he was wrong. Which is why I waited up for you.” I stopped and turned back around.

“Dad, can we talk about this in the morning? We’re both really tired, as you can see.” I looked down at Rory, still sleeping beautifully in my arms.

“Yes, and we will talk about this.” I nodded once. I knew he was serious. I turned back once again.

“Jacob?” I sighed. It seemed he always wanted to talk when I was tired.

“What?”

“Are you happy, son?”

“More than I have been in a long time.”

“Then that’s all that matters to me. Calvin…may be another story.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“Get some sleep. You got school tomorrow.”

“Night, Dad.” Finally I got to my room. I set Rory on my bed careful not to wake her. She rolled over onto her side. I leaned in to kiss her forehead. I leaned up and started for the living room. I’ll sleep on the couch tonight.

“Jake?”

“Go back to sleep.”

“Where are you going?”

“The couch is calling my name.”

“No, it isn’t. I need you right here.” She patted the space in the bed next to her.

“Rory, I don’t think—”

“Jacob Black, get your butt in this bed right now.” She said it forcefully, but she was smiling. I climbed in next to her so we were facing each other.

“You happy now?”

“More than you know.”

“I don’t think so. I know everything that’s going on in your pretty little head right now.”

“Think you do, don’t ya?”

“I know I do.”

“That’s going to get annoying.” She said. “I could never lie to you.”

“I don’t think you could if you wanted to.”

“I suppose you’re right.” She yawned.

“Get back to sleep. You’re really tired.”

“You’re aren’t going to leave and not be here in the morning are you?”

“Nope. I’m going to stay here all night.”

“I’ll see you in the morning then.”

“Love you.”

“Love you, too.” She closed her eyes and fell asleep almost instantly. As I watched her sleep, it made me feel at peace. I could live with this for the rest of my life.

Jacob, careful with the thoughts. I’m trying to sleep here. Embry appeared into my head.

Em, you’re just jealous.

You got me. Gosh, I feel stupid.

All the others who’ve imprinted know exactly what I’m talking about. You have experienced any of this.

I don’t know if I ever will.

Now you’re getting annoying.

I’m serious, Jacob! I should have imprinted first. I was a werewolf before you and Quil!

Stop fighting and go to sleep. Sam thought. You guys have to go to school tomorrow.

Happy to drop the subject, Sam.

Shut up, Jacob. Embry thought.

Guys, sleep NOW! Sam thought. But it wasn’t exactly Sam, it was Alpha Sam. Immediately after he said it, I could feel my eyes getting heavier, heavier, heavier until I couldn’t keep them open any more. I fell asleep as soon as my eyelids touched.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think I'm very good at this whole love thing...but I try...

COMMENTS = LOVE