Status: Slowly active...

Behind This Smile

Smoothies are Destructive

I laid on my bed, throwing my old tennis ball at the ceiling and catching it. My dad left to go to the ever famous Wal - Mart, and my sister was probably whoring it up with some guy. I was alone in my house. At night. I'm not even going to lie to you. I was fucking scared. There hasn't been any murders around my neighborhood, but there's been some in Belleville.
So I had every right to freak out when there was a tapping noise at my window.

I decided to get up and pick out a CD to listen to when there was numerous tappings. At first, I thought, "I'm just hearing things." But when it continued again, I freaked and dropped all the CD cases in my hands, and thrust myself onto the ground. I heard the strange noise again, and I let out a little whimper. Today was the day, I thought, that I am going to die. I crawled across the floor and tried to reach the phone on my desk. I almost had it when I heard Mikey scream, "For God's sake! Open up your goddamn window!"

I looked at my window and got up. I grabbed the binder on my desk, and open the window. "Thank-," Mikey started, but I threw the binder at Mikey's head, stopping his sentence. "What the fuck?!" he yelled. I closed the window and walked down the hall, into the living room, and opened the front door. Mikey walked over to me and narrowed his eyes. "Now, that was uncalled for," he stated, pursing his lips.

I pulled him inside my house and slammed the front door. "No, throwing shit at my window is uncalled for!" I yelled.

Mikey shook his head. "Sydri, it wasn't shit I was throwing at your window - which, by the way, you really need to wash - it was pebbles." He smiled sweetly at me and I pulled the beanie off his head and threw it at him.

"You are so fucking lucky you called my name. I was so close to calling the police." I sat down on the couch and let myself calm down.

I felt the couch shift and Mikey put his arm around me. "I am sorry that I scared the almighty Sydri. You should behead me right now!" I pushed him off me and told him I will. His face paled and he got down on both knees. "I'm so, so, so, so sorry. Please don't behead me. I need this head for important stuff."

I rolled my eyes. "Like what?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips.

That caught him off guard. "Like... um..." He stroked his chin thoughtfully. "I dunno. Y'know... Stuff... like... eating...? Maybe. Um.. seeing. All the basics." He smiled. Then he jumped up. "Brain! I need my head for my brain! That's what I need my head for!" He did a little dance and sat back down, obviously happy with his answer. "There."

I playfully pushed him. "You're such an ass," I joked. He nodded, agreeing, and a looked at me with wide eyes.

"Do you wanna know why I came here?" His eyes, if possible, grew wider and he smiled mischievously. I shook my head and told him that I really didn't want to know why he was here but he ignored me. "I'm here because..." he paused dramatically and whispered clearly in my ear, "I'm bored." He looked at me and nodded. He looked like a six year old.

"That's... interesting...," I replied.

He blinked. "I need you to help me get over my bored-des-ness," he said.

"How, exactly?" I asked.

"Well... I want a smoothie."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Then go get a smoothie," I told him.

"But it's much more complicated then that." He blinked a few more times. "I want you to make me a smoothie, Sydri. Will you make me a smoothie, Syddy Widdy?"

I laughed. "No. One: I don't even know how to make smoothies. And two: Syddy Widdy? What the fuck?"

Mikey gasped over dramatically. "You don't know how to make SMOOTHIES?!" For a second, I thought he might scream. "Well, that's going to have to change!" He jumped up and grabbed my hand.

"You're reminding me of Frank," I commented unenthusiastically.

"That's because I was over at Frank's!" Mikey shouted. "Pixie Stix and Mountain Dew! Pixie Stix and Mountain Dew!"

I groaned. "That it way too much sugar for a human being. And how can you be bored when you're with Frank." That seemed impossible.

Mikey laughed while getting out a shitload of fruit. "Heh, heh. Way's my last name..." He laughed again and got some juice out.

"Please, Mikey, just take all of my fruit," I told him sarcastically.

"I am, thanks, though." He got a cup full of ice and out the ice in the blender, along with the mixed fruit and orange juice. I wasn't really paying attention until he was fixing to push a button.

"Mikey! Wait!" I shouted. But too late. Mikey pressed the blend button, and fruit, juice and ice went flying everywhere on account of Mikey not putting the damn lid on. Mikey started screaming like a little girl and I was trying to get to the blender without being pulverized by a fruit smoothie. I successfully turned the blender off and threw the lid at Mikey. "Genius."

"Oops..." Mikey took off his glasses and licked the some of the smoothie off of them. "Damn. That would've been a great smoothie." He looked around my kitchen and noticed the mess. I had already started cleaning and Mikey stood up. "I'll help, too."

I got the mop out and Mikey was scooping some of the smoothie up off the counter and licking it off his finger. "You should try it, Syd. I should be a smoothie maker when I get out of high school."

"You could be a smoothie maker now, dipshit." I threw the dishtowel at him. "Now will you actually clean it up?" I smiled.

He sighed. "I am. If anything, I'm doing a better job than you. You're letting my fucking good smoothie go to waste and I'm actually drinking it... sort of." He crossed his arms then uncrossed them "Ew, my hands are sticky." He walked over to the sink, but I got in front of him.

"Clean. Then wash."

--

We both collapsed on the couch once we finished cleaning the smoothie up. "You're such a ditz," I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Is that even a word?" He yawned and took off his glasses.

"I don't know. But if not, it is now."

Mikey glanced at the clock. "Wow, it's almost nine. I should be going." I nodded and opened the door for him. He gave me a tired goodbye, and I shut the door behind him. I dragged my feet to my room, and fell on top of my bed. I slipped off my shoes, and pulled the blankets over me. I fought my eyelids for a second, but let them close. I should've put on pajamas, but no one gives a fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized I'm in the double digits. And I'm on, like, what? Chapter fourteen? Wow... 0.o This is the farthest I've gone for a story...
I quite enjoyed writing this, so I hope you enjoy it, too.
If you enjoy, please leave a comment and subscribe.
If you can't see the words all too clearly, please tell me and I'll gladly change it =D