Status: Slowly active...

Behind This Smile

Piggyback Rides, Cigarettes and Coffee

We walked in silence for a couple of minutes. This silence, I could actually take. Gerard didn't seem to be so pissy, which was new, so our silences weren't uncomfortable. I was actually quite content.

"Mikey thinks you're amazing, you know," Gerard commented, breaking the silence.

I glanced up at him. He was staring down at me with his eyebrows raised. "Yeah, I know. Your mom told me. I honestly don't think I'm that amazing."

Gerard shrugged. "I wouldn't know," he mumbled. I glared, and, just like it disappeared, my hate came back again. He sighed, obviously feeling the tension between us. Then he smirked. "Maybe I'd like to know."

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe I don't want you to know," I muttered.

"Well, why not?" he asked, amusement lighting up his hazel eyes. I was caught in a daze for a while, but shook out of it.

"Because you can be a total ass sometimes," I snapped.

"You're not much better," he growled, all the amusement fading out.

I sighed heavily and crossed my arms across my chest. How can he be so infuriating, then almost amazing, and then infuriating again?!

Gerard opened his mouth to say something, but a twig or something snapped, and we both quickly turned our heads. Gerard seemed to be holding in his breath, just like I was. He looked around, until I heard him exhale before whispering, "It was me."

I narrowed my eyes and punched Gerard in the shoulder, making him wince. "Ow!"

"You totally did that on purpose!" I yelled. Okay, maybe it was dumb to accuse him of such, but, like I said, he's pissing me off again.

"Be quiet!" he whispered. "Unless you do want to die!"

I sighed once more and rolled my eyes. I could see my house from where we were, and I started to pick up the pace until I suddenly came crashing onto the pavement. Again. But it wasn't my hands that hurt this time, it was my ankle.

"You okay?" Gerard asked, kneeling beside me.

I nodded and tried to get up, only to meet the pavement again. Tears budded my eyes. I shook my head and Gerard bit his lip. He sighed and got up, stretching. I narrowed my eyes. He saw that and raised his eyebrows. I noticed he's always doing that.

He kneeled down beside me again. He got a firm grip on my legs, making me widen my eyes. "Wrap your arms around the back of my neck." I did as I was told, and soon, I was off the ground.

I shrieked in surprise, and tightened my legs around Gerard's waist. I then figured out that he was giving me a piggyback ride. "What are you doing?"

"Giving you a piggyback ride, duh." Yeah. Duh. "You weren't going to be able to walk any other way."

I nodded and tightened my grip around his neck, and tighter around his waist. There was no way I was going to let him drop me.

Gerard started making this gagging sound. "Are you trying to kill me?" he choked.

"I don't think you want me to answer that honestly." But I loosened my grip.

"Oh, really now?" Gerard started running, making me loose my grip around his neck.

Not sure of what to do, I quickly buried my head in Gerard's shoulder and got my grip back. Without knowing it, I was inhaling the scent of Gerard. I almost started flailing my legs around until I realized he actually smelled... good. Like cigarettes and coffee.

"You smell good," I muttered against his shoulder, biting my lip realizing what slipped out of my mouth.

Gerard jerked to a stop and I lifted my head out of his shoulder. "What?" he whispered.

"I...um... You smell good. Like... good." I felt my cheeks warm up and I prayed to God that he didn't see me blushing.

He smiled. "Thanks." He started walking a little slower and I pointed to my house. He nodded and walked up the driveway and I took my key out, giving it to him so he could unlock the door. He unlocked it, put me down, and helped me limp into my house.

Nicola was watching T.V. and she scowled, getting up and going to her room. Gerard helped me limp to the kitchen and so I could get the ice pack from the freezer. He let me go and I hopped on my right leg to the couch.

Gerard gave me my key back and smiled at me. "Bye, Sydri," he said before leaving the house.

I smiled and waved once he shut the door. I placed the ice pack on my left ankle and laid down. I draped my arm over my eyes, but quickly brought it to my nose. I realized one thing:

My hoodie sleeve smelled like cigarettes and coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
FOUR STARS!!! FOUR MOTHERFUCKIN' STARS!!!! OH, MY GOD!!!! YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who reads, subscribes, and comments.

This chapter is also dedicated to:
loverfayce Read her stories. They are truly amazing. And she comments every single time. And I love her. XD

And
Poison_Ivy She, too has amazing stories and she comments every single time!! And I love her, too. XD

Comment?
Subscribe?
I love you! :D