What If There Is No Light At The End Of The Tunnel

*Chapter 10*

The day seemed to of been going better then it has in a long time at school. We meet up in the courtyard during lunch.

I sat on the brick wall and he set right next to me. He took my hand and I sighed while leaning my head on his shoulder.

About, five minutes passed. Until someone came up behind us and pushed Frank. Sending him onto the cold ground and almost bringing me down along with him.

I turned around to find the jock from the bus did it. His real name is Johnny. He is kind of built for being the quarterback of the school’s football team. He has hazel eyes and dark brown hair.

He laughed and looked over at me. I jumped down and Frank stood up.

“What is your problem?” Frank asked.

“What do you expect? Your new. Your EMO, and your hanging around her.”

“Don’t put down my girlfriend! I…”

“Girlfriend?”

“Yeah. Got a problem with it?”

Johnny’s face started to turn red. His hands started to ball into fist. Then, he punched Frank right in the nose.

Frank stumbled backwards and his nose started to bleed. Without thinking. He punched him back and a huge fight broke out.

A mob of people surrounded them. Chanting for them to fight. I backed out of the crowd. I couldn’t and didn’t want to watch.

I went into the school and ran to the girl’s bath room. I started to sob in one of the stales and my make=up was smearing. I had to make myself stop and cleaned up my face.

I was almost late to class. But, I made it in time. Frank wasn’t in Gym. Like I knew he wouldn’t.

I rode the bus home alone. I guess he got O.S.S., and had to go home early. I walked into the house and threw my stuff on the floor. Then, I fell face first on to the couch. And started to sob some more. I couldn’t help it.

Why did Frank hit back?
Why did Johnny hit him in the first place?
Why didn’t Johnny answer Frank’s question?


I couldn’t help but wonder why. I kept like that for about half an hour. Until I heard the doorbell ring.