Making Friends With Bacardi

Chapter Thirteen.

Image

Alex's P.O.V

"We have an interview today." I told Kayleigh as we stood in the slowly moving catering line. "It kind of sucks."

"Why does it suck?" She asked as she grabbed two plates off the table and handed me one.

"We're home! I'd rather be out and about meeting the kids." I said. She looked up at me and smiled. "You know what I mean?" I said.

"Yeah, but you could always meet them after interview." She said while grabbing two bottles of water and handing me one. She knows I can't multi-task while I'm trying to have a serious conversation.

"I don't know how long it's going to be though." I said. "And we play in about two hours."

"Well, when we get out of this line we can go eat fast, you can go meet the kids for a few minutes, come back, do the interview, then play." She told me.

"I don't think that's gonna work out." I said.

"Hey, guys!" Matt said as he ran up to us.

"Hey, sup bro?" I said to him as I extended my plate out to a guy standing behind the table. He put a hamburger on my plate and I thanked him. He nodded his head and the line went on.

"The two girls are on the bus right now waiting to do that interview. All of the guys are already there except for you." Matt told me. "Can you come now?"

I frowned. "Now?"

"Yeah, now." Matt said as he put a hand on my shoulder and smiled. I turned to Kayleigh and frowned.

"You gonna be okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, just go ahead and go. I'll be there soon." She said.

"Hurry." I told her. She smirked and I leaned down to kiss her forehead.

Kayleigh and I have been happier than ever with each other since we stayed in the hotel a few nights ago. After we were finished playing truth or dare like elementary school girls at a slumber party, she went back to her room to go to bed. I didn't even bother to ask if I could sleep with her because I knew she wanted to be alone for the first time in a while. Before she left my room, we stood in the doorway and hugged. "I love you." I told her for the second time that night. She pulled her face away from my chest.

"I love you too." She said softly while smiling. Then she stood on her tiptoes to kiss me. My heart melted and I got butterflies in my stomach as we pulled away and looked in each others eyes.

"Goodnight." I whispered.

"Night." She replied and stepped into the hall. I watched her walk to her room that was only a few doors down. She slid her key in the door and opened it. Before she walked in her room though, she looked back at me and smiled. I smiled back and she went in her room, leaving me to stand in the hallway all alone.

"Come on, lover boy." Jack called out from inside our room. I looked back at him and he was in his bed with nothing but boxers on. I laughed and shut the door slowly. I leaned back and rested my head against the door. I closed my eyes and smiled.

"She's Amazing." I told Jack.

"So, what'd you do in there?" Jack asked. I looked at him and walked over to his bed. I sat on the edge of it and he smirked up at me.

"In the closet?" I said. "We... talked. Then made out. But the best part was when she looked up at me with the cutest eyes and said 'I love you too.'"

Jack laughed and propped his head up with his hand. "My two best friends are in love?" He asked. I just smiled at him then turned out the light.

"Yeah." I said as I got under my covers. The only light that came through was the moon light. "Yeah, I guess we are." I told him. All he did was give a faint 'hmm' and I turned over.

I have never felt that lonely like I did that night. All I wanted was for someone to hold, or to be held. But I was giving her her space. Being without her that night just made me want her even more. It took me forever to fall asleep.

Matt was now opening the door to our tour bus. I stepped onto the loud bus and got bombarded with hugs.

"Honey!"

"Hey Mom!" I hugged back. "I didn't know you guys were coming!"

It was all of our parents crowded on the bus, plus the interviewers, the crew, and the band. Everyone was standing around except for the interviewers. They were the only two people walking into the back lounge.

"Well, we wanted to surprise you." My dad added in. I hugged him and he stepped aside, revealing Kayleigh's mom.

"Mommmm." I said as I pulled the small woman into a hug. I considered her to be my second mom. She looked exactly like Kayleigh. She had the same big brown eyes, long brown hair, and they were the same height.

"Son." She laughed. "Where's my baby?"

"Catering line getting us, well me, some food. She'll be here soon." I said.

"You have gotten so tall." Kayleigh's mom said, completely ignoring what I had just said.

"You're just too short for your age." I smiled down at her. "How old are you again?"

"I'm thirty four, not much older than you young man."

"Oh, yeah." I said. "You had Kayleigh when you were sixteen cause you were a slut." I joked.

"I bet you aren't any different." She laughed and slapped my chest. "Now where did you say my daughter was?"

"Catering line." I said.

"Gotcha. I'll go surprise her." She gave me another hug. "You know, she hasn't called me. You've been keeping her away from me?"

"No ma'am." I winked.

She gave me a suspicious look. "Uh huh." She said while smiling. "I'll see you later kid." She said and walked off the bus.

I looked back to everyone and Matt was making his best efforts to push everyone towards the door. "Can you guys step off the bus for a few minutes while we do this interview?" He called out.

I looked over and Jack had his mom in the tightest hug I have ever seen him give. He towered over the short old woman, making her look shorter than she actually was. Jack let go and they walked off. I gave them hugs as they walked off and I headed to the back lounge with all of the guys.

I greeted the girls with a warm smile, a simple hey, and sat in between Zack and Rian. Jack was on the other side of Rian and the interviewer was next to Zack. The second interviewer sat in front of us with a video camera. "Okay." The girl with the green eyes and black hair said and we quieted down. Rian put his head on my shoulder and I put my leg on his lap. "My name is Brooke and I'm going to ask you just a couple of questions." She smiled.

"Hi, Brooke." Rian said. I laughed and noticed the girl sitting infront of us turned on the camera. I waved at the camera and the girl sitting behind it laughed.

"Okay, start out with your names, and what you do in the band."

Zack took the mic. "Hi, I'm Zack and I play bass guitar. No wait, I play the bass instrument."

I took the mic away from Zack and said "I'm Alex and I sing and play the guitar instrument."

I gave Rian the mic and he held it up to his mouth. "I'm Rian and I play the drums-sahh." Rian handed Jack the mic and all he did was gurgle his water in his throat. "That's jack and he plays guitar." Rian added.

"Okay." Brooke went on.

"Can we do this in truth or dare format?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." Brooke said.

"Actually, that wouldn't work."

"Why not?" Rian asked.

"How about never have I ever." The girl behind the camera said.

"That would be fun." Jack said.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" Brooke asked.

Jack and I put our fingers up at the same time. "Uh, never have I ever sucked a mans dick." I said.

"Ugh." Jack said and put one of his fingers down.

"I've sucked a woman's dick, that's why I had to clarify it as a mans." I said and everyone laughed.

"You would." Rian said.

"If you ever had a shot at love with tila tequila, would you?"

"Fuck no." I said quickly.

"I would have a shot at her boobs, that's it." Jack said.

"She looks like a giant alien. She has a huge head." I said. "Her head is like this big!" I said as I held my hands out. The interviewers laughed.

"We have a fan question from Amanda and she wants to know what are the three words to remember in dealing with the end?"

I laughed. "Suck this dick." I looked over at Jack and he laughed. "Uh, I don't know. What was it?"

"I think it was supposed to be 'I love you.'" Jack said.

"Yeah, cause we were all emo at the time." Zack said. We all laughed at ourselves and Brooke continued.

"So you guys are home today, we already met your parents, what are your other plans for today or after you play todays show?"

"Uh, I'm really excited to meet the kids." I said.

"Yeah, meeting the kids from our hometown." Rian said. "Sometimes we get really interesting stories about how they were at a party with us once or saw us a little churches. The stories are rare but we love them."

"Oh yeah, like that one girl that said she had a one night stand with me at a party once!" Jack said.

"Did she really?" Brooke laughed.

"No." Jack frowned. "I think she was talking about Alex. I'm not a man whore like him."

"I'm not a man whore." I laughed.

"Okay. So, on the Internet fans are having a lot of talk about your new merch girl..." Brooke said.

"Kayleigh." My eyes lit up. "What are they saying about her?

"Well," Brooke continued. "They've noticed some changes in the way you two act around each other. Are you and her interested in each other?"

I blushed but smiled at the personal question. "Uh, yeah. I guess you could say that."

"No. They love each other." Jack cut in. I shot a glare at Jack and he grinned.

"Are you two together?"

"Oh, like is she my girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah." Brooke said.

"Oh, no." I said. "Not... yet?" I questioned myself.

"You hurt my baby's leg?" Kayleigh's mom yelled at Jack as she stormed into the back lounge, almost breaking the camera. I busted out in laughter because of Jacks face. He was scared shitless.

Jack has been deathly afraid of Kayleigh's mom ever since he tried to cuddle with her in her bed one night he was drunk. We were all over Kayleigh's house drinking all of her parents alcohol. Kayleigh's mom was home but upstairs in her room sleeping. She wouldn't mind if we had gotten drunk, but she would have been pissed if it was her alcohol, but we drank it anyways. We were a bunch of desperate seventeen year olds.

"I-I have to pee." Kayleigh said as she got off her couch. "I have to pee before I pee my pants... pee in my pants and ruin them." She trailed off.

"Then go pee before you pee your pants!" Rian laughed at her

Kayleigh stumbled off down the hallway laughing at herself and a few minutes Jack walked back there. I guess he made his way to her moms room and got into bed with her. He told me he put his arm around her and told her he loved her, thinking it was Kayleigh. Then Kayleigh's mom screamed and pulled out a tazer.

She just looks way too much like Kayleigh.

"I-I didn't mean to hurt your baby's leg!" Jack stuttered. Kayleigh's moms mean looked turned into a smile and she started to laugh along with all of us.

"Mom!" Kayleigh yelled at her mom from the doorway. "They're doing an interview. You can't be in here."

"No, it's fine." Jack said. "Come sit on my lap, Kasey."

Oh yeah, did I forget to tell you Kayleigh's moms name? Well it's Kasey. Spelled with a K. Kasey and Kayleigh. My two favorite girls.

"I think that's illegal." Zack said.

"Yeah, that's probably illegal Jack." I told him.

"Alex, your food is on the table." Kayleigh said as she pulled her mom out of the room. "Sorry about this." She said.

"It's fine." I laughed.

"Oh, which bunk is yours?" Kasey asked as Kayleigh escorted her out of the room.

"This one, mom. Now shh. They have to do the interview."

Brooke laughed. "I'm guessing that was Kayleigh and her mother?"

"Yeah," Jack said. "Her mom is crazy!" He raised his voice so Kasey could hear him.

"Wow, they look a lot alike."

"Yeah, they do." Jack said. "I thought Kayleigh's mom was Kayleigh once and yeah, it was bad."

"Rephrase that, please." Brooke laughed.

"Well I was drunk one night over Kayleigh's and I got in Kayleigh's moms bed thinking Kayleigh was the one laying in it. Long story short, never try to cuddle with a girl whose mom has a tazer."

Brooke laughed and continued with the questions. "How did you guys meet Kayleigh?"

All of us smiled at each other as if asking 'Who wants to say something first?' And since I was the first to meet her, I figured we'd start there. Brooke handed me the mic and I went on to answer the question. "Well, it was the first day of freshman year. I was lost in the crowded halls while trying to find room 214, I think it was room 214, but anyways-"

"Room 224." Someone cut me off. I looked up and it was Kayleigh standing in the doorway smiling. I smiled back at her.

"Yeah, I was lost and looking for room 224. I guess I was looking around or something because I ran right into Kayleigh. She fell on her ass and dropped her binders." I laughed and Kayleigh laughed too. "I leaned over and helped her up, then picked up her binders. I gave her a nervous smile and asked her where room 224 was."

"Why were you nervous?" Brooke asked.

"Well, number one, cause she didn't look like a freshman and those older high school girls were just intimidating. and two, she was just so damn gorgeous." I said, looking at Kayleigh.

"Oh, shut up." Kayleigh laughed.

"Stay out of the interview." I laughed.

"Fine." she said, turning away. "But your food is getting cold."

"ANYWAYS!" I yelled. "It turned out she was looking for that same room so that's how we met!" I finished and gave the mic to Zack.

"I actually didn't meet Kayleigh or any of the other guys until the last day of school, sophomore year." Zack said. "I sat beside Kayleigh in English the whole year and didn't say one word to her until the last few minutes of that class."

"Oh, why not?" Brooke asked.

"I was really shy." Zack laughed nervously. "Well I still am, but I was extremely quiet in high school. Until I met these fools, they took me to a party that night. It was actually one of the best nights I've ever had."

Rian had the mic now. "You drank until you puked your guts out that night." Rian laughed to Zack. "I remember, but anyways, I met Kayleigh towards the second week of school. I remember Alex telling me everything about her. She was in my art class but I didn't want to make everything awkward and be like 'Oh hey, you know Alex!' and have her think I'm a stalker or something. Then one day we were getting our paint and stuff and she ran right into me. Her paint tray was smashed against my chest and paint was smeared all over. And just to make that situation less awkward I was like 'Oh hey, you know Alex!' so it was funny." Rian laughed and handed the mic to Jack.

"Oh, I just cheated off of her in french class." He said and handed the mic back to Brooke. We all laughed and she continued to ask questions.

The interview felt like it was taking forever and the questions just kept coming and coming. "Okay, last question." Brooke said.

Thank god, I thought to myself.

"Can we get a picture with you guys?" She asked. I gave her a huge smile. Not because I was excited to get a picture with her, but because I was excited that the interview was over.

We took a group picture with each of them and they thanked us. Before they walked off the bus Jack told them they should come back later. They said they might and walked off. "Trying to get some, Jack?" Kayleigh laughed at him.

"No." Jack smirked and sat down at the booth. "Where's my food?"

"I didn't get you any." Kayleigh said while getting my plate out of the microwave. I sat down next to Jack and she handed me the plate.

"Thanks babe." I smirked at her. She smiled and sat across from me as I bit into my now warm hamburger.

"You guys go on in fifteen minutes so you should hurry up."

"Fifteen minutes?!" Rian said. I looked up at him and he was hugging Kasey.

She could have been one of our best friends if she wasn't so much older than us. She even said that herself. I remember one day I was over Kayleigh's after school with all the guys. Kasey was sitting right in between all of us on the couch telling us how lucky we are to be so young. "You know, we could be best friends. But that just wouldn't look right, A thirty two year old hanging out with four teenage boys just doesn't look right."

Kayleigh was sitting in the chair across from us rolling her eyes while waiting for the movie to start. Her and her mom were more like sisters than mother and daughter. She just hated it when her mom talked like that. Kayleigh always said, "She's just trying to feel young again with all that 'We could be best friends!' shit. She's just mad that she missed out on her teenage years cause she was pregnant with me the whole time."

I loved Kasey though. Sometimes it was actually pretty hard to believe she was about thirty years old. She acted just like one of us. She even bought us alcohol, but only when she could drink with us. We usually didn't take her to parties though. Kayleigh didn't really like the idea of partying with her mom.

I finished my food in less than five minutes and threw my plate away. "Are you guys ready?" I asked. They were all off the bus before I could even finish my sentence. We're all excited to play at home today. It just makes us feel like, I don't know. I don't know the feeling but the feeling is amazing.

Kasey, Kayleigh, and I were the last ones off the bus. "Go follow the guys, mom." Kayleigh said as she stood up from the table.

"Why? Because you don't want me to see you two kiss each other before he goes?" Kasey smiled. I laughed at Kasey but Kayleigh pointed to the door. "Fine." Kasey complained. "I'll see you two soon. You better come back soon." She gave us a stern look and got off the bus, laughing.

"I love your mom." I said as I wrapped my arms around Kayleigh.

"I love her too." Kayleigh laughed. Her face was in my chest and my chin was resting on her head. I rubbed her back a little and she pulled away to look up at me. "But I love you more. A lot more."

"I love you a lot more too, baby." I winked. She stood on her tiptoes and gave me a little kiss. I think it's so adorable when girls stand on their tiptoes to kiss me.

"Let's go." She said as she took my hand and pulled me towards the door.

"That's all I get?" I pouted. "Just a little kiss?"

She turned around and looked at me. "That's all." She said. "That's all you get... for now." She smirked. I smiled back at her and squeezed her hand a little. We walked off the bus and made our way to the stage.

I held her hand the whole time. I wanted to show everyone that she was mine, and that they couldn't have her. I wanted to show everyone that yes, the rumors from the Internet are true. It is true that was have 'a thing' for each other.

Girls kept giving Kayleigh dirty looks but I kept kissing her cheek in front of them. "Alex, I don't care about those girls." She said to me.

"I know, but I love you." I smiled down at her and kissed her cheek one more time before I had to get out on stage in front of hundreds of kids.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just finished writing this story today.
There 3 more chapters to go.
And I don't really like any of them.

I just started writing this not knowing what exactly was going to happen through out the whole thing.
There will be a sequel though, but after I finish my John'oh story.
My John'oh story is really good so far but I'm not putting it up until the rest of this story is up.

Comment, but I'm not expecting a lot because this sucks.