Making Friends With Bacardi

Chapter Fourteen.

Image

Kayleigh's P.O.V

"So, you and Alex huh?" My mom yelled over the loud music as we stood behind the stage and watched the guys play.

"What about us?" I yelled back while looking at her. Her eyes were fixed on the guys smiling on stage.

"Oh, come on." Kasey said without looking at me. "You two obviously like each other a lot."

"Well, yeah." I said. That's all I could say. It's awkward talking about how much you love your best friend to your mom.

"I always knew you guys wanted each other." She said with her eyes steady on the guys. "It was stupid for you guys to not find out until now."

I shrugged but she didn't see. I started to think about if we really did like each other before this tour. I never had boyfriends in high school. They all broke up with me because I would rather hang out with Alex. Alex had so many girlfriends and I didn't like any of them. I wondered if it was a hidden jealousy or if it was just because they all hated me. I cried for Alex when we found Annah cheating on him. I was there for him to soak my shirt with his tears. Alex's hugs were my favorite. He was my favorite person to talk to. But I still can't figure out if Ihad feelings for him in high school.

I'm pretty sure Alex didn't have feelings for me. I was just his best friend that happened to be a girl. Which meant it was okay to kiss my forehead after promises and cry on my shoulder. If I was a guy he would have kept all those feelings and secrets away from me. If I was a guy he would never kiss my forehead, cry in front of me, or give me the tightest and longest hugs.

I might have had feelings for him all along. I'm pretty sure he didn't have any feelings towards me, though. We were nothing but best friends. I was too blind to see that he was what I was searching for all along.

"We'll be hanging out at the merch table after this." Alex said into the mic before they started to play their last song. "Come say hi!"

As they played their last song I watched the kids go crazy in the crowd. They were crowd surfing, singing their hearts out, and throwing their hands up in the air. The boys still had the biggest grins on their faces and kept playing their hearts out for them.

Their last song ended and they all ran off the stage towards us. "Did you see that crowd?!" Jack shouted in excitement.

"Yeah, I'm so excited to meet them!" Alex said. I laughed at them. "Baby, I would give you a hug but I'm too sweaty." Alex pouted as he stood in front of me. I smiled at him and gave him a little kiss. I would have hugged him if he wasn't that sweaty. He played his heart out out there and you could tell.

"Let's go!" Rian said as he started to walk off. We all followed him and headed towards the merch table.

"So uh, where are those barbeque's you guys always talked about last year?" My mom asked as we walked behind the buses to get to the table easier.

"There's one tonight!" Zack said. "When are you going back home?"

"When you guys have to pack up and go to the next state." She laughed. "Hopefully."

"Are we gonna get fucked up tonight?!" Jack squealed as he jumped on my mom.

"You don't think I'm too old for that?" My mom laughed.

"You're never too old." Alex said as he winked at her. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

Alex's P.O.V

I was finishing my forth cup and Kayleigh was still no where to be found. The only familiar face I could find was the girl that did the interview today, Brooke. She was drunk as well and screamed as she saw me standing against a bus, away from everyone. "Alex! Hey!"

"Hey!" I replied as she ran up and hugged me. I was startled and stepped back a little. I hit my head on the bus and quickly rubbed my head. "Ow."

"Awh." Brooke chuckled and rubbed the back of my head. "Where's K-Kayleigh?"

"Hmm. I don't- I don't have any idea." I frowned. "I miss her."

"That's cute?" Brooke rolled her eyes. "But she isn't."

"Whaaat?" I complained. "She is the cutest thing ever!"

"Far from it." She said coldly as she took another drink. I gave her a mean look and started to walk away but she grabbed my hand. She shook her head and smiled. "Who's bus is this?" She asked as she pointed to the bus I was leaning against.

"I don't know?" I questioned.

"Let's sneak on it." She whispered as she leaned closer into me. She was pulling on my shirt collar and letting her hand fall down to my waist.

"No." I told her and nudged her away, causing her to spill her drink all down her chest.

"Look what you did!" She said while shivering at the cold temperature of her drink.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed. "But I need to go find Kayleigh."

I pushed past her as fast as I could and walked towards everyone dancing. If I can find Kasey, I'll find Kayleigh, I thought. But they were no where to be seen and Brooke had caught up with me. "Why are you running away from me?" She yelled over the loud music.

"I know what you're trying to do." I said. "I'm not stupid." But I didn't know what she was exactly trying to do. Was she trying to kiss me? Make out? Hook up? Break up me and Kayleigh's relationship?

"What am I trying to do?" Brooke said as she pulled me to face her. "This?" She asked.

Next thing I knew her lips were locked with mine. She was pulling my shirt so I couldn't get away. Her lips tasted like a familiar drink. Her soaked shirt also drenched with the same drink. Bacardi. Kayleigh's favorite. I pushed Brooke off me the instant I thought about Kayleigh. But it was too late, Kayleigh and Kasey were already running over to us.

Kayleigh's P.O.V

"No way." I scolded as I saw that interview slut lock lips with Alex. "No way." I repeated as I sat my drink down on the picnic table and got up.

"What?!" My mom yelled. She was so drunk she didn't even know what was going on. I left her sitting at the picnic table and ran towards Alex. I lost them while walking through the crowd of people dancing but soon found them again. Alex had pushed her away by now and he was now wiping his mouth.

"Oh, it's y-you." The interviewer rolled her eyes. She was obviously drunk. "He doesn't like you. He can't stand you so what's the point of trying, bitch?"

I looked over at Alex and he was still wiping all of the sluts spit off his lips. "I obviously do like her if I pushed your ass off me." He said, obviously drunk as well.

Then, out of no where my mom jumped on top of the interviewer and they both fell to the ground. She had a huge chunk of the girls hair in her hand and was yanking it. "Mom!" I screamed as I tried to pull her off. "You're not 18 anymore!"

"I'm doing this for you because I know you wouldn't have enough guts to!"

"Mom, you're drunk. Get the fuck up." I yelled. By this time Jack and Zack were standing by Alex, Rian was helping me with my super drunk mother, and a huge crowd of people stood around and watched. Rian and I finally pulled my mom off the girl that laid shaking on the ground. I could hear her cries over the loud crowd that surrounded us.

"That's what you get for giving my best friend herpes!" Jack yelled.

"Jack." I said to him. "Just leave her alone and let's go."

Rian had my moms hand in his as he pulled her away. She was struggling to get away. I looked back and people were helping the interviewer up. She was still crying. "I didn't even hurt her that bad. All I did was pull all that greasy hair out of her head." My mom said.

"That probably hurts really bad." Rian laughed.

"She'll be aight." Alex said as he slung his arm over my shoulder. "Why did you leave me baby?" He frowned. "You okay?"

I shrugged. I had a huge pain of guilt hit my heart. All of this wouldn't have happened if I chose to be with him instead of my mom. I couldn't find the reason why I was so upset. There was no reason, Alex wasn't kissing the girl back. So I just shrugged it off, smiled, and nodded at Alex as he leaned down to kiss my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Sixteen will be the last chapter!
Then I'll start to put up my John O'Callaghan story, which I actually like.
The first actual chapter will be up on Friday, April 3rd, so Subscribe!

Oh yeah, and I really appreciate those of you who comment and stuff.
I may not get around to comment you and thank you personally, so I'm just letting all of you guys know here.
Boosting my self esteem one comment after another.
Okay, that was lame but true. Ahaha.

Keep commenting and subscribing (even though this is almost over.)