Status: Slowly becoming active. Thank you so much for all the comments when I wasn't writing. Helped me a ton. <3

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter Seven.

Even though they promised they wouldn’t judge me, I got the feeling they did. They seemed to be avoiding me, even Zack. They were reluctant to share their bunks with me. The few times they’d look me in the eye, they all gave me the look Jack did; fear and disgust.

I couldn’t take much more of it. Despite the fact we were somewhere I didn’t know, I planned an escape. I knew they didn’t want me around anymore. They didn’t even have to say it.

When the day finally came, I sat in the kitchenette alone with paper and a pen. I scribbled words down, explaining everything.

Dear Alex, Rian, Zack and Jack,

I’m sorry for all I’ve put you through. I shouldn’t have stayed with you guys. You were sweet for letting me stay.

I’ve decided it’d be best for everyone if I just moved on. As you could probably figure out, you having anything to do with me leaves you in danger. Me leaving would be best, and it should make you save again. I’m sorry, for things you already understand.

I can never thank you enough.

Wendy <3


I folded the note carefully, adding ‘read me’ to the front. I watched the four leave, wishing them a good show. I waved, watching them leave one last time.

Once I was sure they were gone, I headed for the bunks. I went though one of the bags, and I noticed Alex’s ‘Sup Buzznet’ shirt so I assumed it was his. I grabbed a sweatshirt, sliding it on and zipping it up. I continued to go through the bag, looking for what I knew was there. I found his wallet. I bit my lip. Was I really going to steal from the guys who saved me?

I looked around, pulling two twenties out of his wallet. I put it back in his bag, grabbing Jack’s bag from next to me. I went through it, finding his wallet too.

After taking forty from each of them, I felt sick to my stomach. I left the bus after that, the sixteen-hundred dollars safely in my pocket. I glanced at the bus once more before I left.

I made it to the main road quicker than I thought. I looked around, finding a street sign. One of them read ‘Baltimore; one mile’. Maryland. Funny, the guys never mentioned about a hometown show.

“Wendy,” a voice hissed in my ear. I froze on the spot and gulped. I turned slowly and saw my worst nightmare.

“Miss me?” Jayden asked. I turned around; ready to run but Jayden put his arm around my waist.

“You know, you weren’t very hard to find,” he said. “They are famous after all.” My brain shut down just then, and I gulped.

“So stupid,” he whispered. He pulled a damp cloth out of his sleeve, pressing it to my face. I tried fighting him, and I managed to break free. I sprinted, throwing myself into the crowd. I managed to get away from Jayden and I stopped running. I wondered why he wasn’t chasing me and then it hit me. I was in a city. There were only so many places to hide. The sooner I got out the better.