Status: Slowly becoming active. Thank you so much for all the comments when I wasn't writing. Helped me a ton. <3

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter Six.

“Wendy!” Alex half whined, giving me a pleading look. I sighed heavily, shaking my head. My hair lightly whipped me in the face.

“No, Alex,” I repeated for the thousandth time. He just wasn’t giving up, and it was starting to make me angry.

“But Wendy!” he said. “This isn’t fair!” I rolled my eyes. I gave him an ‘are you kidding me?’ look. He gave me a ‘please?’ look.

“What are you two going on about now?” Rian asked, sitting between the two of us on the couch.

“Alex wants me to talk to Jack,” I informed, shaking my head.

“It would be nice, Wendy,” Rian sighed. “It’d make things so much easier.”

“But!” I exclaimed. Before I could get another word in, Zack and Jack walked in from the bunks. Jack turned to go back into the bunks but Alex shook his head and Zack grabbed his arm.

“Jack!” Rian exclaimed.”Wendy agreed to talk!” I gave him an incredulous look, and my jaw fell open.

“Did she?” Jack asked, raising his eyebrows. I looked at Zack, giving him a pleading look. He shook his head a little, giving me the ‘just tell him’ look. I sighed.

“I guess I did,” I mumbled. Without another word, the two on the couch and the other two all headed for the kitchenette. I sighed, following behind them.

“So?” Jack asked, giving me a look. I sat on the counter, sighing once more. I ran my hand through my hair.

“What exactly do you want to know?” I asked, tilting my head to the side.

“All of it. Everything,” Jack told me. I sighed again.

“Alright,” I said, nodding. “From the beginning. Just promise me one thing.”

“What?” Rian asked.

“Do not judge me,” I said in a hard tone. All the boys nodded in agreement. I sighed yet again.

“Alright,” I said again, trying to think of where to start. “I’m not an American citizen,” I told them. “I was smuggled into the country by the richest man in my country. He and I, he being Jayden’s father,” I informed, “Had a deal. He would forge papers, get me in, and help get rid of my damn accent if I married Jayden.” Jack’s eyes got wide.

“You’re married?” the four shouted all at once. I rolled my eyes.

“Would you let me tell my story?” I asked.

“Sorry,” Alex said. “Go on.” I nodded.

“Right,” I sighed. “No, I’m not married. Jayden never showed any interest in the matter. So, it never happened. He treated me like…” I trailed off, thing to think of the right word. “A servant sort of thing. I as only there for three reasons. To cook, clean and…” I trailed off, shuddering. Zack slammed his fist against the table, causing the others to jump.

“Is that what happened to your clothes?” Jack asked.

“Excuse me!” I exclaimed. “Who is telling the story here?” Jack mouthed a sorry. I rolled my eyes a little and glanced at Zack. His jaw was set and his fists were clenched. I glanced over at Alex and was surprised to see similar mannerisms.

“It wasn’t quite what I imagined. My life in America being spent in a dark house. Then, a couple months after I came, Jayden met some girl. Diana, I think her name as. He moved me into this gross little motel on the other side of town. He came over once a week or so, and that was the only time I got to eat. He only wanted one thing.” I shook my head. “And every time he’d say ‘Jeste&#347; mój , zapami&#281;ta&#263;.’ It means ‘you’re mine, remember. You owe me.’ That’s pretty much it,” I finished.

“Wait!” Jack exclaimed. “What about the night we met you?” I sighed, nodding.

“Right. That night, Jayden came to see me. I had been planning the escape for months. That night, I finally fought him off long enough to run. That’s what happened to my shirt. I was in the woods and it kept getting caught on branches. And climbed through a hole in the fence, and jumped onto your bus,” I finished again.

“My god,” Zack mumbled. I nodded a little.

“Yea,” I agreed. I sighed. “So…Can I go now?” I asked. Jack nodded. I jumped off the counter and headed for the bathroom.