Status: temporary hiatus.

Bam Margera's Responsibility

Determination

“Are you serious?! Bam Margera! The Bam Margera is your real dad?!”
“Keep your voice down!” I whispered cynically. Lor mumbled a Sorry as I looked around the food court hoping nobody heard. I called Lor around noon, which was 3 hours ago, and arrived at her house. Then we walked to the mall, and recently finished our lunch at the food court.

“Clo, this is incredible.” Lor finished off.
“Yeah, that’s what I thought when she told me. And you know what the scary part is? I have to meet him!” Lor’s mouth fell open and her hazel eyes were bulging out.
“When?” She practically yelled out.
“Tomorrow, she’s gonna drop me off at his house in the morning.”
“Wait, she’s not gonna be there with you?”
“She said it would too much of a shock if he saw us both there. So she’ll stop by later for a bit.”
“Are you excited?”
“I don’t know. I mean at first I was upset because he doesn’t know about me. And by tomorrow, I’ll show up on his doorstep with him having no memory of knocking up my mom.”
“Why didn’t she tell him?”
“Well she sort of fell in love with him during high school, and when she found out she was pregnant, she didn’t want him to know and be a burden, so she ended things with him and got me.”
“When he knows do you think that he and your mom will get back together?”
“No, Lor, he’s married now remember? I doubt he’ll just leave Missy and be back with my mom after he knows that she failed to tell him the real reason she broke up with him.”
“Oh, that sucks.” She trailed off.

I sipped on my soda quietly while scanning the mall. I noticed several people from school. At a table beside ours, I saw a man eating his burger and feeding chicken nuggets to his daughter. She had her blonde hair tied up into pigtails. She was happily munching on her fries and dipping them in ketchup. She looked so content in her orange summer dress. Her dad was wiping off some excessive ketchup around her mouth, as she laughed.
I never had a dad who I’d share moments with, who I’d laugh with; I never had a man around to call a dad. I loved my mom dearly, but I couldn’t help but think how things would’ve turned out if I had a dad to go to, a dad to talk to when I had a crush or boy problems. Suddenly I became saddened by my thoughts.

I looked over to Lor, who was currently refilling her soda. When she sat back down, I glanced back at the father and his daughter, and was feeling a tad uncomfortable. “Lor, I really need to be alone right now. So I’m gonna go home.” My voice was shaking a bit, and I’m sure Lor noticed.
“Are you alright?” she asked concerned.
I smiled weakly and said, “Yeah. I just need some time to think. And probably rest, since tomorrow surely won’t be eventful.”
She smiled back, “Okay. I’ll walk you home.”

And with that, we emptied out trays and threw our drinks. We exited the mall and began walking back to our quiet neighborhood. The afternoon sun shone on us as we walking in silence. I was deep in thought and kept my head low. Lor noticed my position and being the great best friend she is, she attempted to cheer me up. “Clo,” she said my name softly. I looked up into her concerned hazel eyes. “You shouldn’t worry. Everything will be alright, and no matter what happens tomorrow, like in case of an emergency, you call always call, or stop by my house.”
I smiled graciously, she truly cared for me, she could get crazy at times, but she always meant well.
“Thanks.” I put my right arm around her shoulder, “I don’t know what I’d do without you Lori.” She smiled back proudly.

Soon my house came in within eye sight. Lor and I were engaged in a conversation of all the possibilities of fun we would have this summer. When I landed on my doorstep, I turned to Lor, “I promise when I get back from Castle Bam, I’ll call you and tell you everything.”
“Okay. Cool.”
I unlocked my door, and stepped a foot inside, “Bye Lor.”
“Bye sweetie!” she batted her eyelashes and blew a kiss towards me, then went off skipping in the direction to her house.
I silently laughed and closed the door all the way. The sound of typing could be heard. Following the sound, I came across my mother in the TV room. CNN could be heard from our Plasma screen. She sat on the ever so comfy leather arm chair with her legs up and a laptop on her lap.

My mom was a plastic surgeon. She was well known in LA and Beverly Hills. Her surgery was indeed performed on celebrities. She had a clinic in Beverly Hills, and sometimes she was away around the world, because she was recommended in a few countries. When she was away, I would stay at Lor’s house. I referred to Taylor’s house as my second home, and Taylor as my sister. I don’t have real siblings, since I’m an only child. Sam Evans was my second mother. The Evans welcomed me into the hospitality of their home. And my home was the same for Taylor.

Blowing a cloud of smoke out of her lips, my mom held the cigarette in place on the ash tray. I pursed my lips, and walked into the room and sat on the couch crossways from her. She noticed my presence and looked up from her laptop.
“Hey, sweetheart.” She greeted cheerfully.
I smirked, “So you’re smoking huh?” She gave me a ‘you’re-not-my-mom’ look.
My smirk only grew wider on my face, “So you didn’t quit?” I raised an eyebrow.
“I will eventually” she retorted absentmindedly, “How come you’re home so early?”
“I don’t know,” I whispered gloomily.

Ashley’s POV

I averted my eyes to my somber daughter. “What are you thinking?” I desperately wanted to know. Has she been thinking about the ordeal tomorrow like I have?
She looked up. I could tell from her eyes, that she seemed lost in thought. “How tomorrow will be like,” she responded glumly and quietly. Oh my, I hope Bam would accept her. I haven’t seen him since high school.
Looking back at Chloe, I told her, “Don’t think about it too much. Every thing will be fine.” I decided to change the conversation, “Would you like some ice cream?”
She nodded her head, like a solemn child.

As I put down the laptop on the glass table and put out the cigarette, I stood up and walked briskly to the kitchen to get the much needed ice cream. Opening the freezer, I pulled out some cookie dough for Chloe, and vanilla and pistachio for me. After getting two spoons, I made my way back to the TV room, where Chloe changed the channel and was now watching The Suite Life on Disney. Placing the cookie dough in front of her, I went to sit on the arm chair and positioned myself in the previous position. Checking my laptop, it confirmed that I had to go to my clinic in Beverly Hills on Sunday, which was after tomorrow. I looked up to see Chloe focus on the show displaying in front of her. She’d soundlessly giggle at the appropriate times, her cup half empty. She looked adorable in her skinny black jeans and some band shirt that I didn’t even know about. I had to tell her about my flight. If I don’t, she’ll be upset when she finds out much later.

“Honey,” I started trying to get to the point.
Clo looked up from her empty cup and stared back at me intently. “Yeah?”
“I need to pay a visit to my clinic and there have been people calling me for surgery.” I said it all and was relieved I let it all out without hesitation. I noticed the expression on my daughter’s face saddened a bit. A pang of guilt surged into me to know that I was responsible for that face.
But I guess she then chose to hide that emotion, “How long will you be gone for?”
“A week.” I didn’t want to look at her. Instead I reached into my pack of Marlboros to pull out another cigarette. Right now, I would count on smokes to release any stress or pain. It was wrong, I know. And I am aware of all the negative side effects, but that didn’t seem to stop me.
“When are you leaving?”
“After tomorrow.”
“Morning?”
“Yes. My flight’s at seven.”
“Okay.”
“So you’ll stay…” I waited for her prepared answer. Very motherly, I know. But I have to be, I’m no longer in my teen years, sadly.
Clo rolled her eyes, “At Lor’s.”
“And if there’s any emergency or if you have to urgently speak to me, you will…”
“Call immediately.”
“Good girl.” I commented patting her head like a domestic dog.
She groaned and yanked my hand away, “I am not your pet, mother!”
Chuckling, I was so proud of the girl I raised.

Chloe’s POV

“I’m gonna go take a shower, ok?” I said.
“Okay honey,” she said as she slipped her un-rimmed glasses on the bridge of her nose, and began typing away on her laptop.

I climbed the stairs taking two steps at a time. I opened my room to be hit by a breeze of air conditioning. Thankfully, my mother turned it on formerly, while outside the heat would melt the water in all your body. Fully walking in my room, I closed the door behind me. 5:36 my alarm clock glowed. I pulled out of my closet grey gym shorts and an old black fitted tank along with some underwear. I walked into the bathroom linked to my room. Placing my pjs on the hamper, I began removing all of my clothing and throwing the dirty items in the laundry basket.

Later, I adjusted the tank properly without showing any fraction of my bra. Opening the bathroom door, the smell of foam was quickly replaced with the cool breeze the air conditioning provided. I ran my fingers through my blow dried hair. Walking over to my bedside, I sat on my ever so comfortable bed, slipping my feet out of my slippers, they touched the icy floor. I knew it was early to sleep, but fatigue was creeping up on my body. Lifting the thick blankets and covers, I slid my legs in along with my body. Resting my head on the plush pillows that always smelled of my shampoo, I stared at the ceiling in thought.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. And part of me wanted to sleep now because I didn’t know what to expect tomorrow and I wanted to be prepared for anything. I knew Bam wouldn’t just cry out in exhilaration when knowing he has a daughter he never knew of. Chances were that he’ll press me into information to make sure I wasn’t making anything up. I mean every other normal person would do that. I wanted to get to know my father, after all these years of never meeting him or knowing I had one. I want to get to know the real Bam Margera. I was determined to find out if he was the same person on TV. Something told me he was but there has to be a soft side to him. Everybody has one. Tomorrow I feared was going to be a long day, which might possibly change my life.

Oh, I hope he won’t be upset. I hope he won’t kick me out or anything. I wanted to at least be accepted from my own father. Slowing realizing he now has a wife, I began to think what if Missy won’t like me, or Bam himself doesn’t like me. What will I do then? Being rejected from my father would be hell for me. I can’t even bear the thought. Maybe if Mom came along, then it wouldn’t be so bad. She’ll defend and protect me, in case.

Taking a deep breath, I hoped for the best one last time. Eyelids grew heavier and my breathing slowed to a steady pulse.

Like Taylor said, everything will be alright. It had to be…
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I didn't recieve a single comment.
But what made me happy to post this chapter was the fact that 3 people subscribed.

And what would make me even more happy, is if those subscribers would comment for this chapter. I mean, I put a lot of my time into these chapters, though I'm ahead.

Please comment! It'll seriously encourage me.
Thank you. (:

xx