Killers Are Quiet

One weeks, 3 funerals.

He stood over the girl’s lifeless body with the knife in his hand. He wiped the blood off his hands and onto his yellow shirt, which was ripped and stained. The park was dark, scary and quiet as the killer picked up his new victims body and carried it over to the playground, where many children play during the day. He slung her body onto the slide and ran away from the scene putting his clothes he had on in a bag. When he stood outside his front door he studied his arm and noticed 3 bite marks from where she had tried to put up a fight. He walked into his happy home.
“Barbeque time honey.” He said in a creepy voice. The food he was about to cook would have a certain, indescribable taste to them.

Adeline and Josh were getting ready for the third funeral this week. In the bedroom there was nothing but the buzzing of the hairdryer. Adeline slipped on her black dress that she’d worn more times in the last week then she had since she’d bought it. Josh was very attentive to her, zipping up her dress, and brushing her hair slowly, giving her tingles down her spine while she applied her make-up. He looked at his girlfriend in the mirror, his green eyes looking glassy and creepy. Josh wore jeans and a black shirt. This girl’s funeral was arranged far too early. She was like a sister to the whole group. Adeline was hoping this was the last funeral for a long time as they walked out of their small, brick house and got into their car.

Before all this happened Adeline and her small group of five friends, including herself loved to party. When she wasn’t working as an apprentice hairdresser, she was outgoing, loud and funny. Josh on the other hand was starting to settle down out of the partying scene. There was a 4 year age difference, Adeline being 21 and Josh being 24. This was causing many fights between the couple. “Why are you always out with them, you never have time for me anymore.” Josh would argue every time she got home. “I do have time for you, we find it relaxing, after a long day at work we need relief, partying just gives us the rush we need.” Adeline would argue. “I want you here with me, not out with all of them girls, I don’t like the, they get you into things.” Josh would reply. It was the same fight every night. The murders started one week ago, when Adeline woke up and received a phone call from Natalie’s parents saying she was found dead in an alleyway next to the club they had been at the night before. Two nights later she found another one of her group, Emma in the nightclub toilets. They found out after her funeral her drink had been spiked heavily and she’d died from an overdose. The third friend’s death had come. The sister of the group. Grace had been brutally murdered two nights after the previous killing.
“Adeline, your friends are dying, and it’s not some unknown illness, why won’t you stop, spend time with me at night, instead of being in a nightclub, you know I dislike being in those clubs anymore, I’ve had my experience.”
“Then let me have my experience Josh.” Adeline replied bitterly.

Adeline later confided in Josh. “I could be next, I’m afraid; you’re the only person I can trust right now.” Josh hugged his girlfriend of 2 years tightly, wiping away many of the tears. “It’s okay, I’m here for you.” He whispered in her ear.

Adeline and Josh were sitting second row from the front in the old, stain glass windowed church. Her make-up had started to run along time ago as Josh kept his arm around her. Adeline tried to move away, but Josh wouldn’t let go, she let it slide, knowing he was protecting her. When her other friends came up to her during the funeral, they were holding hands Josh never letting go, holding on tightly. Adeline was a bit annoyed but knew that his intentions were nothing other than looking out for her.
It had been three weeks since the last killing. Adeline’s only close friend left, Mandy was keeping an eye out for her friend, as Adeline returned the favour.