Trying to Stay Alive

Chapter 31

Franks POV (still)

We walked down to the ICU area and Karla's mom went to one of the nurses.

"Hi were looking for Karla Olson"
"Ok she's in room....661"
"Thank you" she said and we walked to the room. When we walked in i stopped dead in my tracks. Karla was cut up pretty bad. And she was on life support. No good can come from that. I just sat down in one of the chairs and just stared at Karla's lifeless body. If she died I wouldn't be able to live. Its my fault she's here if i only answered her phone call if i had only gotten to her sooner or if i jsut let her spend the night. She would've been safe in my arms. I am the worst boyfrined ever. I put my head in my hands.

"Frank i'm gonna leave the room for a bit. Talk to her let her know your here"
"Ok" I said and got up and waked over to the side of the bed. I grabbed her hand and held it.

"Karla its me Frank I want you to know i'm gonna be here no matter what. I'm not leaving you. I will protect you as well as I can" I said and kissed her forehead. The heart monitor started beating faster and then after I pulled away it slowed down.

"Well at least I know I can get your heart to beat fast" I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and then walked away and sat down on the chair.

"Sir you know you can move the chair"
"Oh thanks" I said and moved the chair by her bed and i grabed her hand again and held it. I wanted her to wake up wait....No I needed her to wake up. Then everything would be alright.

I fell asleep holding onto Karla. I was woken up by the nurse.

"Sorry I just need to take her vitals"
"Oh that fine" I said and the nurse did what she wanted to and then left the room. I was now up so I just watched Karla laying there breathing. I got on the bed and just laid next to her. I put my hand around her and held onto her. I heard the door open and I jsut pretended to be asleep. The person didnt say anything and just came in the room and I felt that they were behind me. I heard some suffling and then I decided to turn around to see who it was. I turned and saw Karla's mom.

"Hi"
"Oh did I wake you up"
"No I was woken up by the nurse"
"Oh ok well you can go home now I just had to make sure her father didnt find out that she was here"
"Oh..Is it ok if I stay"
"Yea thats fine but go get something to eat or drink I want to be with her alone for a minute"
"Ok" I said and got up. I wonder what shes gonna do. I walked out of the room and went to the cafeteria and went and got some food and sat down at a table. I would give her more time because she is her mother and I got the whole day and most of the night.

Sally's POV (Karla's Mom)

I walked into Karla's room and saw Frank laying on the bed. He is suck a good boyfriend. I like him. I was adjusting myself when Frank turned towards me.

"Hi"
"Oh did I wake you up"
"No I was woken up by the nurse"
"Oh ok well you can go home now I just had to make sure her father didnt find out that she was here"
"Oh..Is it ok if I stay"
"Yea thats fine but go get something to eat or drink I want to be with her alone for a minute"
"Ok" he said and got up and left the room. I took Karla's hand in mine and rubbed it.

"Karla sweetie its me your mother. I want you to know that I am here and Franks here to. He's a really good boyfriend. So you better wake up and see him. He hasnt left you side at all. And I'm sorry that I didnt tell you that I left town I went to grandmas to talk things out wiht her. I wont do that again to you I promise." I said and kissed her hand I sat there just holding her hand hoping maybe that would get her up but she didnt move. A few minutes passed and Then Frank walked back in.

"Here I got you something" he said handing me a coffee
"Thank you thats very nice of you"
"Well its the least I can do since you did get me in here to see her"
"Well I know Karla would like you here"
"Yea" he said and looked at her.
"Hey Frank I think I'm gonna go home and check up on things there. Will you stay and keep an eye on her and if anything changes call me on my phone ok" I said and wrote down my number on a piece of paper for him.
"Ok I will" he said and took the peice of paper. I walked out of the room and left. Hopefullly Barry wasnt home.

Franks POV

Karla's mom left and I went back to my spot on Karla's bed. I wanted to get her to wake up but I didn't know what to do. I started to dose of but before I did I kissed her on her lips and again the heart monitor started beating faster I pulled away and I whispered into her ear.

"Goodnight babe I'll see ya in the morning"
I gave a quick peck again on the lips but this time i felt her hand move. Holy crap she's waking up.

"Karla babe can you hear me"
she didnt move
"Karla if you can hear me move your hand just a bit"
she didnt move it. I was really confused. But I just fell asleep hoping that tomorrow she'll be up and smiling again.