Trying to Stay Alive

Whats happening here???

"Hello"
"Hi is m..Sally there"
"No she left town last night"
"Do you know where she went?"
"Yea out of town"
"Thanks you asshole"
"What did you just say?"
"Asshole” I said and hung up. Great my mom left town and she didn't even take me with her. I knew things were too good to be true. She just wanted to get away from him and that’s it she doesn’t care about me at all. I could probably just die and no one would notice or care. I called Frank to see if he was alright but he didn’t answer his phone. Great I'm back to being lonely. I walked out the door and went for a walk. I walked past Seidee’s house and Mikey’s house and Frank’s house. I don’t know why but my feet lead me. I kept walking until I got to the bus station. Should I just get on a bus and leave town. No one cares as it is. No I have to stick it out maybe my mom will come back. I started walking back the way I came. I crossed the street and didn't pay any attention. I heard my name being called and I looked up and saw a car. I didn't get out of the way soon enough and I got hit. The last thing I remember was someone screaming for me to open my eyes. But I couldn't. I had no energy left. My body went limp and I blacked out.

Franks POV

I feel really bad for not letting Karla stay the night last night but I just didn't want her dealing with my mom. Today she called and I didn't answer it because I didn’t know what to tell her. But she didn't even leave a message so I figured it wasn’t that important. I looked out my window and saw that Karla was walking past my house. Well she does live by me so she could just be walking by. I decided I would go talk to her. I grabbed my shoes and walked out. I was walking far behind her. She stopped at the bus stop and stood there for a while. Then she turned around and started to walk back but she started to cross the street and a car was coming. Before I could say any thing I heard someone scream her name and she looked up and then she got hit. Me and a woman ran to her. The woman was telling her to open her eyes. But she wouldn't. If only I would have gotten to her before she crossed the street she would still be up moving around. I hate myself. I quickly called 911 and within minutes the ambulance was there. Karla was taken and I rushed back to my house and jumped in my mom’s car and drove to the hospital. I got there and Ran and went to the nurses station.

"How may I help you" the nurse said
"I'm looking for Karla she was just brought in"
"Do you know her last name sir?"
"No"
"And how do you know her then sir"
"She's my girlfriend"
“And you don’t know her last name”
“We just started going out 2 days ago”
“Ok well since you don’t know her name we can’t really help you”
“Thanks” I said and whipped out my cell phone and called Nikki.

“Hello”
“Hey Nikki do you know Karla’s last name”
“No why?”
“Cause the nurse won’t let me see her unless I know her last name and I realized I don’t know it”
“What Happened?”
“She got in a car accident”
“Omg are you serious”
“Yea I saw it happen.” I looked up from the phone and saw the woman from before. She walked up to the Nurse that I had just talked to.

“Hi how may I help you?” the nurse said
“Can you tell me were my daughter is”
“Name please”
“Karla Olson”
“Ok shes in the ER right now so you’ll have to sit out here and wait till shes out.”
“Ok thanks you” the lady said and sat down.

“Hey Nikki I gotta go”
“Wait were is she”
“In the ER gotta go bye” I said and hung up and walked over to the lady.

“Um ma’am”
“Yes” she said looking up at me”
“How do you know Karla” I asked
“I’m her mother”
“Her mother?” I asked so that’s why she looks so familiar.
“Yes and who are you?”
“I’m Frank I’m Karla’s boyfriend”
“Oh….”
“They wouldn’t let me know anything about Karla because I never knew her last name”
“Oh and why don’t you know it?”
“Well we never really introduced each other properly”
“How’d you two meet then?”
“Um… Online”
“Wow and you’re not a psycho”
“No we have been talking for along time and we only knew each others first names she doesn’t even know my last name”
“Oh that’s bad…Well Frank since they wont let you know anything I’ll say your with me and we both can find out what happens to Karla”
“Thank you” I said and sat next to her and we sat there waiting. Finally 3 hours later the nurse walked back over to us.

“Karla Olson is your daughter right”
“Yes”
“Ok well she has been moved it the ICU area. If you go down this hallway here until you come to the service elevators you turn right then and then you walk down that hall until you come to a double door that your not allowed to enter but if you turn left right before them you will be in the ICU area and then you ask one of those nurses what room she’s in.”
“Thank you” Karla’s mom said and got up and started to walk. I got up and was going to follow but the nurse stopped me.

“I’m sorry sir you can’t go”
“Why not”
“Oh he’s with me” Karla’s mom said
“Oh ok then you can go” the nurse said and walked away. Man what a bitch.