Status: So glad to be back to writing again! :)

Is That What You Really Want Me to Say?

Forgetting Scars

Journal Entry 1
September 26


Of course, I get the one partner who will plummet my Chemistry grades to nothing. How am I ever going to be able to work with him? Such a slacker.. Just my luck, I chose the empty table at the back of the lab purposely so I could work alone… But he had to walk in late. There’s no way around it so I’m stuck with the prick. I’m not assuming he’s a prick, I know his type. Back of the class, dumps all the work on his partner, thinks he’s the shit just because he’s the one guy in school who’s not a jock that can get with any girl he wants. As if. Him and that long rebellious hair, those glowing eyes that make him seem innocent. I know better then to fall for anything he has up his sleeve. As long as we don’t get any experiments soon it should be alright. At least it’s only one class….

Current:

Junior year was starting as did the year previous. It seemed the same, all except one little thing. Her eyes dropped because of her thoughts dragging him in again. He had nothing to do with her anymore it was as simple as that. She knew other people, it wasn’t like she needed him… Right?

Jaime tossed her head to the side, flipping her bangs out of her eyes so she could dodge her way through the hallway to class. Just another normal day, on her was to the class she dreaded taking again; Chemistry. Only this time it was an AP course, and he was no where in sight as she found her seat toward the back of the lab, an empty bench beside her… No labelled lab partner to replace him.

She sighed in relief because no one could replace him anyway, but then again she needed a partner to do some of the experiments correctly. The relief turned to frustration in a few minutes as the bell came closer and closer to being rung. The class was a buzz of chatter and talk, she picked up a few words from some of a conversation in the front of the room.

“Where’s Derek? I heard he transferred out. Did he? I mean it’s almost like he hasn’t mentioned not coming back to anyone. I mentioned it to Jeremy this morning and he just slammed his locker and walked away. No idea what his problem was….”

Jaime knew the truth, not that she wanted to. It was the last thing she’d wanted to know, but again she had to distract herself from such thoughts and focus on the clock. Waiting for-

“Okay, class. This is going to be a good year for all of you here! And I hope…” The teacher who’s name had yet to be said moved his eyes to the doorway. There stood a tall boy, skinny, pale, and with ruffled brown hair. “I don’t want to know your excuse, young man. I hope you’re not one to be a regular on the tardy list… Since it’s first day you’re granted leaniancey and I won’t write you up, but since I don’t recognize you.. What‘s your name?”

“Tyson Ritter, sir. I’ll do my best to keep on time, I’m new here…”

Tyson kept his eyes on the ground, knowing the eyes of everyone else were on him. Finally, he had the nerve to move his feet forward, lifting his head to see only one empty seat left. It was beside a fairly pretty girl with light skin and straight hair to her shoulders. With a quick eye, he caught her name from her notebook.

Jaime Rousdae hated the new boy without even a glance first. He was late, just like Derek always used to be. Was this God’s idea of mocking her? Or was this Derek’s idea of a joke if he…

She choked on the thought. He was here, somewhere. Living, breathing, just like she was. Just as tormented by her memory as she was of his, knowing all along he was real, but somewhere deep inside it felt like a far away dream… A childhood lullaby.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I had this story idea a very long while ago. I did start posting it, but only made it as far as the first chapter. This is the beginning again, hoping that it's a lot better and hoping that i don't leave this one hanging. Comment and if you like it bug me until I post another chapter!

xx