The Amalgamation Of Two Worlds

Three groups

*** Damon’s POV ***

Screams. Yells. Pain. Blood. Wasn’t happening yet, but would be soon. But I couldn’t find it in myself to complain. Whether that be because it was finally night, and the dark was soothing my anger, or because I just didn’t care, I wasn’t sure. But I did know that I didn’t like my present location. I hated the sunlight, the only few hours of darkness, the noise, the birds, the flowers, the colours... I just hated it.

However, my mood did lift when my little plan went into action. It didn’t bring down as many as I thought it would, and I made sure the Zaccur didn’t know about it, but with Zenon’s weapon skills, we managed to trap seven of them in a deep... hole? Well, I guess it could be considered a hole... a hole with spikes, gasoline and a few explosive weapons. The ones that weren’t killed from the fall, were killed when we allowed Brale the honors to throw down the match. Turns out even they can’t live through being lit on fire. Huh. You learns something knew everyday.

*** Hayden’s POV ***

Back and forth. Back and forth... I should be getting dizzy, but if anything, I was getting more antsy. Wasn’t pacing supposed to be relaxing? Wasn’t it supposed to allow your thoughts to spill out, for all tension to ease? Well, it wasn’t working. If anything, I was more tense. Or was that a feeling? That’s the problem with being clave. Sometimes, the feelings are obvious, as in the whole doubling over pain I experienced, or even a sharper twist in the stomach... but since The Demonio entered Earth, my stomach wouldn’t stop twisting. So now, I didn’t know if I was just nervous, or my clave ability was trying to tell me something.

We had located two of the demons during the day... only to have them get away. It was frustrating beyond reason, and because of it, because of that simple chase over two demons, we had lost a lot of time. Time we needed. We no longer had time to search for them, so we set up camp and set positions. Now all that was left was waiting.
Damon had been right, if we don’t get ahead of them, we’re doomed. But at the present moment, I doubted that would happen. They seemed so far ahead, so close to their destination, so how were we supposed to stop them? The way I saw it, the point of this whole thing was to save as many lives as possible. Presently, I doubted we could stop them. I didn’t voice my thoughts to Mack, but I’m sure he was thinking the same thing. I could see it in his eyes.

I quit my pacing and went to find him. Maybe something new had happened, maybe something that we could help with. Maybe it had been a feeling, or maybe it was just a freaky coincidence, but while walking to find Mack, I could swear I heard stuff. Screams, explosions, yells. It was faint, but then again, we were pretty far into the forest. If I was hearing correctly, it would have to be coming from the edge of the city.

Mack was pacing now, also, with Josh speaking quickly as he did so. Damon was sitting leisurely on the ground, his legs crossed and his eyes closed. But he wasn’t asleep. I may not know too much about Damon, but I did know he never let his guard down. And he didn’t trust us. Zenon was with Brale and was showing him some maneuvers with a sword.

“Do you hear that?” I asked, Mack turned to me now, as did Josh.

“Hear wha-“ Mack cut Josh off with a wave of his hand and listened. Damon was the first to speak, proving the fact he wasn’t sleeping.

“It started ten minutes ago.”

“What started?” Josh said, his voice anything but friendly. Josh wasn’t too fond of Damon being here. He may have a good rep, and is legendary, but he wasn’t the most compassionate man. Josh hated that factor, and the fact that Damon didn’t seem to care about anyone around him. I could see the worry in that issue, for I wouldn’t want to fight next to someone who wouldn’t give me a second thought if I died. But we needed Damon. And for the most part, he needed us. Even if he was in denial.

“The Demonio entered the city ten minutes ago. Use your imagination to figure out what started.” Oh, and Josh also hated Damon for treating us like illiterate little kids. I was a little peeved at that myself.

“And why didn’t you say anything?!” Damon still didn’t open his eyes, which had Josh fuming. If I hadn’t been too consumed with the thoughts of what The Demonio were presently doing, I think I’d find this scene kinda amusing.

“Not my job. I fight. I kill. Mackenzie issues the orders, figured I’d keep my nose out of that area.” Mack stopped pacing now.

“He’s right, Josh. I should have put some patrollers on the edge and in the city.” He ran a hand through his hair, his eyes deep in thought. A few minutes went by, in which I could hear the sound increase. Everyone could hear it. “Three groups.” Mack finally said. “One will stay here and finish setting up. The second one split up and make a quick run in the city. Save anyone they can and bring them back. The third will patrol the edge and around our camp, and kill anything they see.” At the last group’s options, Damon’s eyes opened. I guess some things could just catch his attention.

“I’ll be in the third.” He said, standing up and glancing at Zenon and Brale, who both nodded and said they’d do the same.

“Hayden? Do I have to ask?” I gave a small smile and shook my head. “Have Josh go with you. And be careful... don’t get caught. I don’t want to lose you, either of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's really short. Sorry! I'll try to make the next one longer.