Power Of The Moons.

Chapter 14

I went to sleep, and woke late the next morning. I took a shower and sat in front of the fire and read a medical book, there were many interesting articles of certain sicknesses and research made.

Two days passed, I was confined to my room, food was given to me but other than that I had no other human contact. It was on the second day that I found the journal, by the writing and research I would have to say it was the old doctors’ medical journal. It was leather and bound with a connected buckle, half the pages were blank. But the ones that were written on where stuffed with writing and drawings.

I sat for hours reading, most of the things he wrote made no sense, there were even astronomical research about the moons, but even that was even unclear. What I did make sense of, seemed to point about the blood and the effects it had with the blue moon, and the green one.

As I was reading there was a knock at my door, “Yeah what?” I asked placing the journal on my chair. Jessie walked in, his body stiff, he didn’t want to be here, he didn’t even look at me. He stared at something and fixed all his focus on it.

“Yes, is there something I can help you with?” I asked in a fake sweet voice, mocking him really.
He let out a low growl, inhuman like really, “Yes.”
“Oh? What can I do for you?” I asked raising my eyebrows; I knew it was coming before he said it.
“You are needed in the infirmary.” He said quietly, forcing the words from his mouth.
“I’m so sorry, but I’ve been confined to my quarters.” I told him sweetly.
“You must be loving this.” He growled.
“Every second.” I admitted with a nod.
“You will be allowed to see Damien, once a week, but under my conditions.” He said regretfully, still not looking at me.
“You have a deal, take me.” I said standing and holding out my hand. He shook it then let go, he walked briskly to the infirmary.

I helped the man that was there, he had a rather bad burn mark at his neck, but what was strange was that it was in a straight line across neck. I wrapped it when I was finished and he was sent on his way after he thanked me.

I washed my hands, and stepped back into the infirmary, where Jessie was, “I want to see him now.” I told him putting the towel down.
He growled, “I said once a week.”
I folded my arms, “And that once is today.” I told him.

“No.”
“No?” I asked, “Are you going back on our deal?” I asked, “Because I can just as easily go back on mine.” I told him.
“Fine!” He grabbed my arm and marched angrily out of the infirmary. He took me down hallways and doors until I wasn’t sure where we were anymore, I had no idea the cave system was so big. Finally we came to guarded room, the two men stood when they spotted Jessie.

“Open it.” Jessie waved his hand, they didn’t hesitate they opened the bolted door and Jessie pulled me through. The door shut behind us, we were in a rounded cave, it wasn’t like my room or anything, the rock was bare and the only light came from the strange crystals. Damien was there in a corner with his knees pulled up slightly, and his back against the wall, his eyes were closed.

I started to take a step forward but Jessie held me back and shook his head, “We agreed to let you see him, you get no closer.” I narrowed my eyes, but then looked to Damien.

“Damien?” I asked aloud. He shifted and opened his eyes, I gasped. His eyes were clear as day, but a blood red ring were around his beautiful grey eyes.
“Rory?” He asked surprised, I nodded my head with a smile, “Yeah, it’s me.” I told him.
He let out a sigh, “What are you doing here?” He asked looking down.
“I had to see you, to make sure you were alright.” I told him, I wanted to give him a hug. Why? I didn’t understand, before I would have given anything to get away, but now, he was my connection with reality, he had saved my life, I felt that much for him, a friend if nothing else.
“You shouldn’t come, I’m dangerous.” He looked at me fleetingly.

“So they keep telling me.” I glanced at Jessie then back to Damien, “But I don’t care. I had to make sure, are you alright?” I asked.
He didn’t answer me, “You should go.”
“No.” I said stubbornly, “Are you alright?” I asked again taking a step forward, but Jessie growled and pulled back on my arm. I glared at him but he kept his focus on Damien.

“I’ll survive…for now.” He said not looking at me.
“What do you mean for now?” I demanded.
“Come on, we leave now.” Jessie said pulling me to the door.
“No!” I pulled back trying to dig my feet into the rock, but it was hopeless he pulled me out the door and it closed behind us and locked.

I drug me down a few hallways then stopped when we were alone and out of earshot. Then he made me face him. “This is the deal. So get used to it, you will get no closer to him than you just were, understood? If you do not obey, you will not be allowed to see him. Understood?” He hissed.

“What are you doing to him?” I asked, ignoring his little speech.
“Answer me.” He growled.
“No.” I said plainly, “He’s sick, I can tell that much, which I really didn’t think was possible, but he is. You’re killing him.” I stated plainly, he sighed and dropped the grip from my arm.

“What would you have me do? I cannot allow him out; he would feed and worse…kill.” He growled.
I shook my head, “I never saw him feed when he was with me, there was no one around for him to kill…trust me he isn’t dangerous. If anything your making more dangerous by keeping him locked up and soon he’ll die!”

He shook his head, not listening to me, “I cannot take that risk.” I threw up my hands in frustration and stomped off, he followed silently behind until we reached the man cave opening, and I looked at the hallway that led outside to the waterfall, but then headed off to my room. I sat for hours curled up in my chair reading by the fire, under the glow of the crystals.

The journal held exceptional detail and research, half of it I didn’t understand though. It spoke of transforming things at night when the two moons radiation was the strongest. Others spoke of fast healing, that caught my eye as well, but again I couldn’t understand most of it either.

I took a shower, changed clothes, and went out to the kitchen. Blue was there, with a cute brown haired brown eye beauty. I sat away from her, she seemed to be enjoying his company so I sat and ate and watched him joke and make her laugh. She seemed very happy around him, even more so than normal.

Then he stood, giving her a peck on the cheek and left the kitchen. I dropped my junk in the trash and plopped down on the table folding my arms with a grin. “Who’s he?” I asked curiously.

“You saw!” She demanded her cheeks flushing a little.
“Duh.” I smiled, “Well?”
“Well you remember that drawing in my room?” She asked I nodded, “Sure of course.”
“Well he was the one that drew it for me…” She blushed a little again, “He’s really nice, I think he’s the one…” She smiled staring at something distant.
I smiled, “You two seem very happy.” I told her seriously.
“Yeah, I’m a little nervous though, I mean it’s only a month away, and I mean it is for life…” She shook her head, now I was confused.
“What do you mean?” I asked.

“The ceremony.” She told me as if it should spark a memory, “You know, the bonding ceremony.” She shook her head, “No? Wow I didn’t know you were so uneducated.” She shook her head with a smile and looked away over my shoulder “Well I’ve gotta go!” She said suddenly standing, nearly running out of the room leaving me alone at the round table.

“Is this seat taken?” I turned to see the man I had saved standing there. Oh so that’s why she left so quickly…traitor. “Nope.” I said politely.
He pulled back the chair and sat down and looked at me, “You alright?” He asked.

“Huh?” I looked up at him; he was actually wearing a black shirt now and jeans.
“You look a little out of it.” He told me.
“Oh no, I’m fine, thanks for asking though, speaking of which I would like to check your wound out again today, if you could come to the infirmary?” I asked.
“Sure, I can come now if you want, I’m not doing anything.”
“Alright.” I stood up and we both left headed to the infirmary.

He took a seat on one of the medical tables that were on the side corners and pulled of his shirt. I checked the normal stuff, seeing whether there was any infection, and to see how the stitches were holding. To my surprise his wound looked almost healed, “I think I can actually take these stitches out.” I said surprised. He simply nodded and held his arm up and I cut and pulled the stitches and gently as I could from the wound.

When I finished he put his arm back down and smiled, “I told you I heal fast.”
I shrugged, “I still needed to check to make sure everything was in order.” I said taking of the medical gloves and tossing everything in the trash.
“You know what I think?” He asked.
“Hmm?”
“I think you just couldn’t wait to see me shirtless.” I spun around with my mouth hung open, he was grinning casually, he wasn’t really trying to be cocky, just fun.
“I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about, I’ve seen plenty of men with their shirts off, you are certainly not the first.”

“I’m sure I’m not, but I guarantee I’m the first that looks this good.” Alright that was a cocky statement.
I rolled my eyes, “Whatever.” I walked pasted him and he jumped off the table pulling on his shirt then grabbed my wrist and spun me to him.
“Admit it.” He continued to grin.
“Let me go, I have things to do.” I said pulling at him, but he wasn’t listening he was looking around the infirmary, “Yeah I can see it’s completely packed in here.” Really there was nobody here, just me and him.

“Let go.” I repeated.
“Not until you admit it.”
“Admit what exactly?” I huffed.
“That I have a nice body and you like it.” All right he really was full of himself and straightforward.
I tried pulling away but he wouldn’t budge, “No.” I told him.
“Come on, either you admit I have a nice body and you like it, or I’m taking you out to dinner.” I pulled harder, but I only succeeded in hurting my wrist.
“You’re hurting me.” I told him.
“You’re the one pulling, I’m only holding.” He said, “Now what’s it going to be?”

I raised an eyebrow, fine if he was going to be that way; I came closer and brought my knee up between his legs. He let go and collapsed to the ground, “That’s my answer.” I told him smugly and walked off out of the infirmary, but once I was in the hall I took off running.

I knew he would look for me so I went to the one place I thought I might be safe. I banged on the door a few time before Blue answered. “Oh its you, come on in.”
“Thanks.” I said out of breath, she shut the door behind me and I collapsed onto the bed with a huff blowing my hair out of my face.
“What’s up with you?” She asked.
I let out a groan, “A furiously annoying, conceded, arrogant boy.” I told her.
“Oh.” She said rolling her eyes with a smile, she took a seat moving a book out of it to sit, “Tell me.”

I told her what happened after she had left and she giggled, “Yeah, that’s Harvey’s brother for Ya.” She nodded with a grin.
“Harvey’s brother!?” I said shocked.
She nodded, “It sounds like he’s got his eye on you too…” She trailed off as there was knock at the door. She hopped up from the chair and opened the door, “Oh hi!” She said surprised stepping aside to let someone walk into the room. I let out a groan.

“What do you want?” He grinned, “And how did you find me!?” I demanded.
“I could follow your sent from a mile away.” He folded his arms with a smirk. I raised an eyebrow and sniffed my hair and under my arms, “I smell?” I asked looking to blue. She looked at the boy, surprise written all over her face.
“Blue?”
“Huh? Oh, no you…don’t smell.” She said looking to me then back to him.
“I’ll just give you some privacy.” Blue waved and left the room, she gave me a wink as she shut the door and I stuck my tongue out at her.

The door clicked shut, he never took his gaze from me, I gulped, I’m sure he was angry about me kicking him, I had hoped blue’s room would have been a good hideout, “She’s wrong…You do smell.” He told me.
“I should go take a shower then.” I jumped off the bed, headed for the door, and grabbed the handle. The door opened about an inch before he closed it back with his hand. He leaned into the door when I tried to open it again.
“I never said you smelled bad.” He said, “Just smell, and you’re not getting away that easily.” I gulped silently, but kept my face an unconcerned mask.

I folded my arms, “What do you want?”
“I think you already know, but since you went to extreme measures and had to kick me…” He growled, “Either way, I’m taking you out to dinner now.”
My mouth dropped open, “You have no say in that.” I told him.
“No?” He asked with a tilt of his head, “I mean, sure my brother is only the second in command around here…”
“He has no say over my personal life.” I told him gritting my teeth.
“Perhaps not, but he does have a say on whether or not you…go outside.” My eyes went wide, outside. I hadn’t had fresh air in such a long time, and to see the sun, or moon, or just to be outside would be so nice. My face had changed from the mask, to awe, while I thought about being outside again.

“Huh. I’d say I just hit a soft spot.” He grinned closing my open mouth. I pulled away, taking a deep breath.
“Are you trying to black mail me?” I demanded.
“Is it working?”
“Well…” I shook my head to clear it, “No!” I huffed.
He smirked, “No? Are you sure?” He asked reaching into his pocket and pulled out a small white flower, took my hand and placed it lightly into my open palm. I let out a slight sigh.

“I’ll give you some time to think on it then.” He whispered, with that he opened the door and disappeared, leaving me to stare at the small fragrant white flower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, alright alright, yet again another chapter...sorta a way to make up for the last one since it was short. Hope you all enjoyed. Comments would be loved. = ) alot.

_CORRI_