Status: All done. Check out Baby, Just Close Your Eyes; the sequel though :)

This Is the World We Left for Dreamers and Believers

I wanted to be that breath of fresh air

Bang I sat up in the car, rubbing my sore head from the cool window. I looked around the cramped car, my mother was driving her eyes barely open. The lights from the passing cars on the highway shocking her awake every few seconds.

“You have that dream again?” She asked momentarily looking at me. I nodded. There was no sense in denying it. The same dream every night for three months. Three long months.

“Maybe we should stop. You look wiped.”

“No. I promised your dad we’d be there by tomorrow. I don’t know how much more of little Kali he take by himself.” I laughed.

“Pull over then. I can drive. Before you kill us both.” She sighed and pulled over to the curb, the gravel crunching under the tires. I got out, the wind from the cars and assorted long hauls that should have pulled over hours ago whipping my hair around.

“Thanks Annabel.” My mother said drowsily before slipping off into unconsciousness.

“Sure anything for the ruined life.” I said under my breath. It was still a couple of hours before we crossed the state line into Arizona where the rest of my life would be. They claimed it was for the good of everyone. Fail. It was convient for them. New place. Fresh start. No pitiful looks.
>>FF 6 hours.

“Sissy!! Come look at my room!!” Kali ran up to me, her dark, curly hair shining in the bright sunlight. I sighed loudly, rolling my eyes.

“Anything for you. Lets go see.”

“Can we unpack the car before you go running off?! It is most of your stuff!” My father yelled from the back of the dark blue Sedan.

“Kali is dragging me away! Explain it to her!” I yelled back, walking up the steps of the white cookie cutter house. It was just like the rest on the block. Typical suburbia.

“Is Daddy going to be mad again?” My four year old sister asked staring up at me, her green eyes holding a worried look that ruined the innocence of her.

“No love. It’s okay. I’ll be up to see it soon, okay?” She nodded running back into the air conditioned house, her white shoes turning a dingy orange color from the sand that was staining the sidewalk. I didn’t blame her it was at least 100 degrees outside already and it was only 10 A.M.

“I’m going in the house. This is your stuff you can unload it.” He said walking past me, three brown cardboard boxes loading him down. I had the urge to kick his legs out from under him.

“Sure thing Dad” He turned back to me, his cheeks turning red from the anger he was holding in.

“Don’t start.” I smiled curtly. He walked into the house, grumbling under his breath. I walked to the back of

the car grabbing my black and pink book bag, it held the only essentials I’d need to survive. I pulled out my camera, a Nikon
I’d gotten only a couple weeks before. The first image was a group photo I’d taken minutes before un willingly getting into a car. I layed down in the dry grass going through the memories. My Mp3 player blasted out The Devils Wears Prada, drowning out any outside noise. I closed my eyes, hey while I’m here I’d mind as well work on that Hollywood tan insert loud annoying laugh here. I’m ecstatic to be here, can’t you tell? Suddenly there was a shadow castled over me, I opened my eyes to see two guys standing over me. I pulled the head phones out and sat up.

“Kennedy, it’s okay she’s not dead!” The closest, a blonde, said.

“I told you she wasn’t dead!” Kennedy said.

“Uhm, hi?” I said staring at them both.

“Hi! I’m Jared.”

“Hey Jared….mind me asking why your creepin in my yard?” Him and the guy I was guessing was Kennedy laughed.

“We saw you laying here and got worried. It’d suck if we got someone new around this place only for them die minutes later.” Kennedy said leaning down, offering his hand to help me up. I took it and stood up, shoving the Mp3 player in my jacket pocket.

“You know it’s June….in Arizona….sure that’s a good idea?” Jared asked pointing to my jacket. I shrugged.

“I’m okay. It’s not that bad.”

“Says the kid who looks like she’s about to pass out.” My father said from behind me. My teeth clenched together.

“Yeah….uhm sorry to worry you guys. Won’t happen again.” I said trying to speed up the conversation before anything detrimental to my self esteem was said.

“Hey, it gave us a chance to meet you without actually seeming like creeps.” I looked at them doubtfully.

“See you around?” I asked, smiling. They seemed like genuinely nice guys.

“Uhm I live right down the street. We have a band. You can come by and meet the rest of the guys later?” Jared asked smiling nervously.

“Dude, of course I want to come and meet the rest of you! I need friends….I’m alone!” I said dramatically. They both laughed. Kennedy pulled me into a hug which I returned awkwardly.

“See ya….uhm I never got your name.” Jared said looking at the yellowing grass.

“Oh uhm sorry names Annabel.”

“Can we call you Annie for short?!” Kennedy asked smiling widely. I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t you dare! It’s Annabel or you can make up a nick name but at no time may you call me Annie!” I said stomping my foot for emphasis. Kennedy and Jared laughed.
“Fine no Annie. I’ll just come up with another name for you.” Kennedy said pouting. I laughed and waved them away. Minutes here and already two very great guys? What’s the catch?
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy! So it's new, experimental. If you read it and like it even the tiniest bit comment and make my day? Thanks to anyone who reads!
Title cred- From First To Last: Note To Self