Status: All done. Check out Baby, Just Close Your Eyes; the sequel though :)

This Is the World We Left for Dreamers and Believers

I got the point that I should leave you alone

“I’ve come to steal your babies!!” Someone said from my doorway. I turned to meet the deep brown eyes of Kennedy. I met the kid two hours ago and he was already busting up in my house? Bull shit.

“Uhm what are you doing?” I asked turning down the stereo that was blasting We The Kings.

“Coming to steal your babies.” He said as if what nothing.

“But I only have one and it’s special!!” I whined. He laughed throwing my shoes to me.

“Come on I promised the others we wouldn’t take forever.”

“Who’s to say I’ll just go with you? For all I know you could be an evil android alien about to take me into a dark alley and eat my brains out.” I said, staring at him. He tried to stifle a laugh, failing miserably.

“If I was an evil android whatever the hell you just said I’d just eat your brains right here. No dark alley needed and then wait for your parents to get back and eat their brains to.”

“You forgot Kali! Your gonna eat her wittle brains too?”

“If I have to. Or I’ll take her, raise her as my own and then when she least expects it. Push her down the stairs and collect her for insurance money.” I laughed shaking my head.

“That’s the most awful thing I’ve ever heard. Come on don’t want to keep the boys waiting.” I said rolling my eyes. My stupid green phone shoved in my back pocket.

“Is your phone really necessary?” He asked leading me through the trees behind my house.

“Yeah. I’m a girl of course it is. Where are we going?”

“John’s house is this way.”

“I thought we were going to Jared’s? And who‘s John?” I asked becoming more confused with every step we took.

“Jared’s mom refused to host band practice today and John is our lead singer….you haven’t heard of us have you?” He asked stopping in front of a tall gray house.

“Uhm no?”

“The Maine be our name and we’re kinda famous….only kinda though. We’re definitely not big enough for a lot of people to know us.” I thought for a moment. Then I remembered.

“Oh. OH! Dude you guys did a tour a couple months back! I can’t remember who you were with but my best friend dragged me to a show of yours! You guys were amazing but you….you look different.” I said recognizing him as the bass player who‘s hair was once shoulder length no barely reached the back of his neck, we’d been on his side. Daray wanted Jared’s side. Something about a cute ginger. He looks blonde to me.

“Yep. Come on you gotta meet the rest of us then. What show was it?”

“Ocala, Florida. Gosh I’m going to miss that place.” I said as a wave of home sickness washed over me. Kennedy turned and smiled sympathetically before opening the door. There was a loud, hooray as we walked into the barely lit living room.

“Ha! Told you that I was going to beat your ass!!” A tall brunette guy yelled, dancing, arms above his head. His tight, light blue pants falling down off his ass by the second. I looked to Kennedy who was laughing so hard his face was turning red. Jared was the first to see us.

“Annabel!! Hey girl what’s up?” He asked drawing the attention of the other now silent guys. I shrugged looking at the floor. Their gazes were making me really self conscious.

“Your shy?” Kennedy asked poking me lightly in the side. I squealed jumping to the left to avoid him, hitting a table and knocking the house phone onto the floor. The back broke off and the battery fell out, I looked up wide eyed.

“Fuck. Kennedy you idiot!” I yelled kicking his shin, he gasped grabbing at it. The others were laughing, the taller one who had just been dancing walked over and picked it up, putting it back together.

“John, what was that?!” A woman yelled from the top of the stairs.

“Nothing Mom it’s okay just Kennedy.” There was laughter. He looked at me, putting a finger to his lips.
“Shh, no harm done baby.” It was both very sexy and very annoying….annoying like punch a baby annoying. Not okay.

“That really hurt.” Kennedy said, now pouting.

“It’s all out of love.” He smiled and grabbed my hand leading me over to couch where we sat down in front of it.

“Hey the names Garret, welcome to the great state of Arizona.” I made a face. Great wasn’t my word to describe this place.

“Hey Garret, I’m Annabel if you hadn’t caught that from Mister has to be louder than everyone else.” I said glaring at Jared, he simply smiled before going back to talking to a younger guy. He was your typical teenager; his brown hair reached his shoulders, tight black pants, some band that hardly anyone had heard of on his shirt and beat up red Vans adorned his feet. He was adorable….like a puppy.

“Jared is very….flamboyant.” I giggled.

“That’s awful!”

“But true.” He said playing with his pink bracelet on his wrist.

“So let me see” I said turning to face all five guys who were squashed onto a tan couch. “Your Garret” I said pointing to him, he nodded, smiling. “And your John?”

“John Ohh better known to some people.” He said shrugging, not looking away from the t.v. I turned to see what was so interesting; Halo. Typical band guys.

“Okay. And your…I don’t know your name” I said pointing to the younger guy, frowning.

“I’m Pat Kirch, drummer for these stupid guys.” He said looking around. I smiled.

“That’s not very nice Mr. Kirch.” He shrugged going back to the conversation. “Jared and Kennedy. Their not very important anyway.” I said rolling my eyes. I looked at Kennedy who’s mouth was hanging open.

“You already hate me?” He asked in a whiny voice.

“No! I love you! I want your babies!” I said over dramatically attacking him with a hug, landing in his lap.

“Yay! I got the new girl!” Kennedy said. I laughed sliding off of him onto the floor beside him.

“Nope sorry I only go for….guys with beards!” I said trying to think of something fast. John leaned down and rubbed his face on my cheek. The fresh layer of stubble tickling me.

“Looks like I got the new girl” He said smugly.

“As flattering as this all is I think I’m going to revoke both those offers and go for the old guy next door.” Jared started laughing.

“Mr. Henley? I cut his grass. You better not say that when he’s around. The guys kinda a creep.” He said.

“Oh…thanks for the warning….just makes my job easier.” I said. He stared at me a moment before shaking his head muttering something about not understanding some people. The room got quiet as all the guys got into the game. Some band practice right? There was a muffled buzzing noise, I jumped up hitting the coffee table and spilling a cup over.

“Fuck. Towel….Jared get a towel!” John said in a hushed whisper. I picked the empty cup up.

“No foul baby. It was empty.” I said pulling my phone out and looking at the small envelope on the front.

“Text whore.” Pat said over my shoulder, now that he was standing I realized he wasn’t anywhere near close to my height. My 5’3 stature was nothing compared to him.

“Uhm no! Well sometimes…but so?” I said opening the txt, flipping my dark brown hair away from my face. I squealed reading the text.

“Now do you understand the whole no girls at practice thing? They do things like that.” Garret said pointing a small smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes.

“No you jerk. It turns out my best friend is coming all the way from Florida to here cause he’s awesome like that……and he’s being a merch bitch at the moment too.” I said quickly replying.

“He?” John asked. His eyebrows raised.

“Me and the girl thing….well I just don’t like the drama.”

“She’ll love Daray then.” Jared said reaching towards the table to retrieve his Iphone. I stared at it. I wanted it. Now.
“Jared that’s a pretty nice phone. Can I have it?” He looked up staring at me a moment before placing the sleek phone to his ear.

“No. Get your own.” I sighed softly. No is the worst two letter word in the English dictionary.

“Hmph. Fine. So Pat, how old are you exactly?” He blushed. Puppy dog cute ladies and gentlemen.

“18. Yeah I know I look pretty young.” He said defensively. I put my hands up, shrugging.

“Hey! It was just a question! I just noticed how much younger you looked than all these old guys!” Middle fingers flew into the air from the couch. I smirked. Me and Pat went back and sat down beside the guys. Another hour flew by before I realized it was already dark outside and I had no idea how to get home and no one at home knew where I was.

“John sucks dick at this game!” Garret yelled dropping the black and green controller beside me.

“Uhm….guys….its dark outside.” I said looking up at the five guys(lolzz) on the couch, who simply stared down at me. “And I don’t know how to get home.” I said slowly, hoping they’d eventually comprehend what I was saying.

“Oh…Oh! Dude! Sorry!” Kennedy said looking out the window and then back down at me.

“Hey Kennedy I’ll give her ride. Your crashing at Justin’s right?” John asked. Kennedy nodded sitting back against the couch.

“Mom wanted me to go to the store anyway.” He said lifting his right arm up to push his hair out of his eyes, it had what looked like a splint on it now. When did that happen?

“Lifesaver, man.” Kennedy said looking down at me looking for the okay. I nodded. I was freaking out on the inside. No doubt it would be awkward on the short drive home.

“You wanna go now hon?” John asked.

“Yeah, no doubt Mom’s freaking out as we speak.” I said standing up. The rest followed. Each pulling me into a hug. Kennedy’s was the best, I noticed. I followed John outside to his white pick up. It wasn’t what I expected but okay. We pulled out heading down the road.

“Jared said Henley right?” I looked over to him, nodding. His face was lit up by the dashboard lights. He was sexy in the weirdest way. I couldn’t figure out what it was and it was killing me.

“Yeah. Somethin about him being a creep.”

“Is that a small accent I hear?” He teased, his eyes drifting away from the road for a minute.

“Kinda. We use to live in Virginia. Believe or not some of those kids have quite a thick country accent. Where it comes from I’ll never know. I thought I was losing though. Damn.” He laughed pulling into my drive way.

“Hey who knows where any accent comes from. I say tour funny.” He said demonstrating. Sure enough, his tour came two-er.

“Wow. Well thanks for the ride John. I’m glad I didn’t have to walk home or I’d never have made it.” I said grabbing the door handle. His voice stopped me.

“Your welcome to practice anytime ya know?” He said. I turned and looked at him.

“I highly doubt that any practicing ever gets done around there.” He laughed.

“When were at Jared’s. My mom. As much as she loves the band she can’t stand us to practice there. So we usually do what we did today.” I laughed opening the door.

“I’m sure with the way Kennedy and Jared are I’ll wake up and one of them will be on my floor.” I said jumping down onto the cemented drive way. He smiled the over head light making it almost sinister.

“Aww, their good guys.”

“They are, very comfortable with busting into peoples houses though.” I said leaning against the side of the door.

“Kennedy? Yeah. Kid means well. Anyway it uh looks like we’re being watched.” He said motioning to the front porch where my father stood. I sighed loudly.

“See ya soon John Ohhh!” I said slamming his door closed and waving bye.

“Making friends already?” I father asked, his breath washed over my face. The alcohol causing my eyes to burn.

“Yeah. Their cool.” I said pushing past him into the house. Kali sat in the floor playing with a Barbie.

“Sissy disappeared again?” She asked, her brown eyes stared up at me.

“Course not Moo I’m here now.” I said walking upstairs into the stark white room. My CD player was still on repeat Travis Clark’s voice belting out the lyrics to ’This Is Our Town’. I sighed picking up the latest AP and flipping through it, I stopped half way through recognizing the five faces that doned the glossy page before me. So they were somebodies? They were more than this magazine could tell that was for sure. The small article on the boys barely told anything about them as a whole. They were more than this. They were what I was looking for. My way to escape and find a new life. If they only knew…..
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my two subscribers! :) Comments are like sex.....kinda. Maybe. Anyway, yeah comment? Subscribe? Show any kind of love? Thanks for reading!! Love <3