Status: All done. Check out Baby, Just Close Your Eyes; the sequel though :)

This Is the World We Left for Dreamers and Believers

Score the music to our own lives

“So, when’s the show?” I asked after changing and bouncing back and forth between apartments. “Or better question; how did you manage to find weekly rental apartments?!”

“It’s New York. You can find anything in New York.” Tim said dismissively.

“So, what about the show?”

“Tomorrow. The venue didn’t have anything planned tonight so we dropped everything off there.” Tim said. I shrugged and sat in the floor. John, Kennedy, and Garret all rushed into the room and slid onto open spaces on the couch and floor.

“Start it Tim!”

“Am I interrupting something?”

“If you keep asking so many questions you might be.” Tim growled. I sat back against the couch and watched the opening credits to some already crazy looking show called True Blood.

Here’s what I learned in an hour; one hour goes by really fast when there’s a amazing show on TV. that you can’t tear your eyes away from, HBO is better to watch series on because they have no commercials, and the ending to this show had just pissed me off when it left us with a cliffhanger.

“I want more.” I announced seconds after Tim changed the channel.

“More? Like you want to know what happens? Join the fucking club.” Kennedy said running a hand through his hair.

“No! I mean I want to know what’s going on!” Garret and Kennedy’s eyes widened.

“You haven’t watched True Blood before?!” Garret asked. I shook my head.

“But, I regret it!” Tim and John we’re both shaking their head.

“I have the first season on DVD but that was maybe the sixth episode into the second season. You want the first season?” Garret asked. I nodded enthusiastically. He jumped up and ran over to his bag.

“Do you know how much of a shame it is for you to carry that DVD around with you?” Pat asked walking out of his room.

“Don’t judge me!”

“I’m judging silently.” Jared said walking through the door with two pizza’s in his hand.

“Jared has food! Win. God, I’m starving.” I said jumping up and following him into the kitchen.

“There’s food here, Bella. I don’t know why you’re complaining.”

“Look Naturally Weasel, You bought chips, salsa, and some apples. Not really food, doll.” He made a face at my name.

“Naturally Weasel?”

“If I’m Bella then your Naturally Weasel. Bitch.”

“I bought Vitamin Water too!”

“The only thing worth it around here!” I said taking a plate out of the cabinets and grabbing a piece of pizza.

“I put that DVD on your bed.” Garret said walking past me. I smiled and skipped into the room. I pulled my laptop out and settled down to watch a full season.

I was only an three episodes in when Tim, Garret and John appeared in front of the bed I was sprawled out on.

“Earth to Annabelle.” I unhappily paused the show and looked up at him.

“What?”

“Do you want to flip the coin or should I?” I shrugged and turned the computer. Coin flipping meant bed time. I shoved my laptop into the bag and grabbed my MP3 player.

“Can you flip that shit so I can sleep?!” Garret whined. Tim sighed and threw the quarter he was holding up in the air. It landed on heads. Garret cheered and threw his pillow down beside mine.

“I’m going to take a shower.” John announced. I stopped Tim.

“Where’s he sleeping?”

“The couch.” Tim said yawning and walking out of the room. I sat down on the bed and waited for Garret to fall asleep. It took less than five minutes. The shower started in the bathroom. I silently slid my pillow off the bed and carried into the dark living room. My laptop was on the table, that CD Nick and Omar had left on my bed was playing out of the speakers. They actually weren’t bad.

“What the hell is this?” John asked stopping seconds after entering the living room, a towel was loosely wrapped around his slender waist.

“I-uh-couldn’t let you sleep on the couch.” I said commanding my eyes to stay on his face.

“Yeah. You can. Go to bed…..With Garret.” He said holding onto the towel and grabbing his bag. He stomped back into the bathroom and remerged minutes later his hair still wet and plaid pants replaced the towel.
“Annabelle. Seriously?”

“You’ll wake the others.” I said not pulling my eyes away from the screen.

“No, I won’t! They sleep through Tim’s driving!”

“Cool.”

“What are you doing?” He asked curiously coming over and standing behind me.

“Not letting you sleep on the couch and editing pictures of you guys.” I said finally looking up at him. He laid down on the couch where my stuff was already laid out.

“I can still sleep like this.” He said pulling my blanket over him. His feet stuck out the bottom.

“Too bad my blanket is only six feet long, huh?” He curled up in a ball.

“Nope. I can deal.”

“John! That’s my stuff!” I whined.

“That’s my blanket around your shoulders.” He said poking my back. I had the strong urge to bang my head against the keyboard.

“You’re not going to make this easy are you?” He yawned sleepily and turned away. His wet head making an imprint into my purple pillow.

“Night, Annabelle. Your pillow smells good by the way.” He said drifting off to sleep. I silently kicked my self for not sitting on the couch instead and shut down the computer and dragged John’s pillow and blanket into the bedroom.

>>

There was a dreamy sigh and then a body curled tighter into me. I forced my eyes open and found Garret’s head rested on my own, his arm slung across my waist and our legs tangled around each other. How the hell? I wiggled out from underneath and stumbled into the kitchen running my fingers through my hair. The guys minus Pat were all standing in the kitchen, they began laughing at the site of me. I glared at them all and grabbed the Starbucks that was being offered by Jared.

“Garrets fun to share a bed with huh?” John asked smirking.

“Is that why he was the last one?!” I asked sitting down in the chair. They all nodded.

“Why does John smell like your perfume?” Kennedy asked coming up behind me.

“I was going to take the couch, had my stuff laid out but I was in the floor on my computer and he being the stubborn ass he is said he could sleep with my stuff no problem and was asleep before I could get it back. I hope your feet were cold. Bitch.”

“I have socks. My feet were just fine, thanks for worrying though.”

“Worrying wouldn’t be the word I’d use.” I grumbled standing and going back to my room. I slipped my glasses on my face and carried my computer back to the living room.

>>

The base from the speakers rocked the floor and vibrated in my chest. I stepped around another photographer who was leaning on the floor. As annoying as a barrier was for fans it was a photographers best friend at a show. Jared leaned down and stuck his tongue out at my camera. I playfully slapped his face and turned to a beaming Garret who was just as stoked as the others. They had sold out the venue. The place was nearly packed to the ceiling with unhappy parents and hyper teens. The song ended with a bang. The screaming quieted when John opened his mouth but was interrupted by Garret.

“I got you a present buddy!”

“Yeah? What is it?” Garret walked over with a bottle of water that John tried to take. Garret slapped his hand away and lifted the bottle to John’s mouth.

“Thanks. You just gave me your herpes.”

“Think of it as a gift.” I laughed catching Kennedy’s eyes. He was grinning and shaking his head. I lifted my camera and caught his grin. Kid was cute when he was smiling.

“I think we should play a couple more songs before another band secret is revealed.” Kennedy announced.

“John sleeps with a purple blanket!” Jared announced. I laughed and leaned against the barrier in the corner where no one was standing.

“It wasn’t mine!”

“He wouldn’t give it up.”

“That sounds like a bad rape line, man.” John said. Pat beat on his drums.

“Alright then. This ones called Count’ Em One, Two, Three. Sing along if you know the words!” Garret announced. I sang along silently as I moved around others who had yet to leave. They quickly finished the set up and cleared the stage Hit The Lights. I slipped past the barrier, flashed my pass and ran up the stairs to where the guys were. They had a settled into a Jacuzzi with the others who included all of Racing Kites, A Rocket To The Moon. Katy and Daray sat awkwardly beside their boyfriends.

“How come I didn’t know about this?!” I asked stomping my foot.

“We meant to tell you.” Tim said laying his head back.

“So….what do I do?”

“Go take pictures of Hit The Lights?” I pouted and walked out of the room.

“You guys are so mean.” I heard Daray say. There was splashing and she joined my side just as I reached the top of the stairs. A hoodie pulled over her damp bikini.

“If you let me get dressed we’ll get out of here?” I sighed with relief. The last thing I wanted to do was go deal with another grumpy photographer who thought I was taking up their space.

“Thanks. You can stay though. If you want that is.” She shrugged and grabbed her bag and changed.

“Where should we go?” I shrugged and followed her out the door. It was a chilly night in New York, surprising for the time of year.

“I’m hungry!”

“Pizza?”

“Why not?! Let’s do it.” We skipped off to a local pizza joint that looked homey enough.

“What’s been up with you?” I shrugged.

“Lets see….I messed up a great friendship with Halvo, made out with Alex Gaskarth, and developed a crush on John. Fuck my life.”

“Uhm….well the crush thing I already knew. Have known. And, Alex? Really? You couldn’t have gone for like Zack or Jack?!”

“Er….I don’t know what Jack or Zack look like to be honest.” Her jaw dropped.

“Did you live under a rock before Arizona?! Damn.” She said pulling out her own Iphone and handing it to me. She was standing beside a tall, skinny, brown haired guy who’s hair was striped in the front, his arms wrapped around her shoulders and were pulling her into a hug.

“You guys close?” I asked handing it back to her.

“Kind of. They toured with them last Fall and I was with them so friends?’

“What’s the Zack kid look like?” She pressed the screen of her phone a couple more times and then handed it back to me. A even taller, more muscled up, blonde guy was leaning against a speaker. It was obvious he was holding the phone above his head, a sparrow tattoo showing around the corner of his yellow tank top.

“Zachary Steven Merrick. What I wouldn’t give for a night with him!” I laughed and leaned back in the booth glad to finally be around a girl. You can think hanging with guys would be more fun, less drama, but it wasn’t true. Girl company was a relief. I could finally say what I wanted and knew that she wouldn’t get grossed out or jealous.

“Jack’s kind of cute.”

“Jack is….Jack. I don’t really know how to describe him except as well Jack. You’d have to meet him to understand what I mean.” I nodded. Her phone vibrated on the table between us. Alex flashed across the screen. She bit her lip and put it in her pocket.

“You should take that. It’s cool.”

“You sure? I came out here to hang with you not talk to Alex.”

“He’s probably worried. You should call him back.” She smiled and jumped up and went outside. I sighed and pulled a pen out of my purse and drew on the napkin.

“Aw. Now what’s a pretty girl like you doing sitting here all alone?” A guy asked sliding into the booth across from me.

“Uhm. That seats taken. My friends outside.” I said staring at the complete and very ballsy stranger.

“Don’t be like that, girl! I’m just looking for a cute girl to keep me entertained.” He said reaching across the table and trying to grab my hand.

“Dude. Really? Go away.”

“Preston! You go stop that kid right now before she hits him!” I heard Daray yell from the entrance. I sighed and looked up at him.

“Preston put you up to this?” He nodded, a huge smile crept over his face. He stood up and turned to walk away but quickly changed his mind and turned back to me, leaning close.

“Just for the record; You are really cute. Bye, Bella. I’m Jason by the way. Get my number from Matty.” He said kissing my cheek and walking away. I stared at his retreating back, my mouth hanging open. The Racing Kite’s guys, Pat with the camera going, Jared, and Garret were all standing at the entrance laughing.

“I hate you all. Pat, I swear to fucking god if this shows up in a video I’ll kick you in the chest.” I growled when he slid in beside me.

“Aw. It wasn’t even my idea though! It was Matty and Preston! I just brought the camera along!”

“How did you guys find us?!” Daray asked smacking Alex who was still laughing.

“It’s Daray and Annabelle…how hard can you guys be to find?” Dave asked. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag.

“I’m going to go. I have a headache.” I said rubbing my temple for dramatic effect.

“Aw. Don’t be a Debbie downer!” Matty F exclaimed. I knew if I answered I was only going to come off bitchy.

“I have a headache. Sorry guys.” I said quietly.

“You know your way back?” Garret asked. I nodded and walked out headed towards the apartment. Everyone was still out when I walked through the door. I dropped my stuff at the foot of the bed and laid down. The Dangerous Summer drifting out of the CD player in the corner. It wasn’t a headache that had me down it was the self crippling doubt that had over come me at the pizza place.
“If sleeping beside Garret is going to make you cry I’ll trade with you.” I was startled up by John’s voice. I hastily wiped my eyes with my jacket sleeves.

“It’s nothing. I cry when I’m tired.” I said looking at the comforter.

“If you don’t want to let me in then at least come keep me company in the living room? I need a friend.” He said shooting me a comforting smile.

“Yeah. I’ll be in there in a sec.” I said smiling back at him. Friend. That’s all I should; would be. Everything’s easier when we’re just friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw. Yes, well all is a plan. I have the ending planned out :D well maybe not happy face cause I love this story soo much. Lol, so the stage part is loosley based off of the show they did back in November at Canal Club in Richmond REPRESENT notreallyplacesucks. Here's the video if you guys haven't seen it! Watch it! It's a good laugh!
Can anyone get sick of these?!
Image
Image

Title cred- Set Your Goals