Status: All done. Check out Baby, Just Close Your Eyes; the sequel though :)

This Is the World We Left for Dreamers and Believers

I've got a heart baby

“Jared Monaco! Stop it! Your going to break it!” I yelled walking into the living room where Jared stood in front of the CD player that had changed discs at least ten times.

“Here put this in.” Nick Santino said handing him a disc, tilting it away so I couldn’t see what the front said. I’d been like a fan girl on crack yesterday when I opened the door expecting police instead coming face to face with Nick, Justin, and Eric.

“What track?” Jared asked, his finger hovered over the bold, black buttons.

“Track 5. Start her off with one of the best.” I sat down beside Nick as a piano filled the room, then a smooth voice followed. Whoever they were, were amazing. The sound drew John, Pat, Kennedy and Garret into the room.

“Hey! Is this?” Everyone nodded. I looked around at all their faces. What the hell was going on? The song slowly faded out and Jared pressed play, a huge smile on his face. Nick dropped a CD case onto my lap. It read ‘The Maine’ in big black letters.

“That was- Oh. Hey. Turns out I’m going on tour with another pretty amazing band.”

“Wouldn’t you already know?” Justin asked. I shook my head.

“Everytime I think to look them up I get distracted because their either throwing water balloons at each other or trying to kill each other. It’s like baby sitting a group of five year olds on red KoolAid.”

“How’d you find us?” He asked, referring to A Rocket To The Moon. Everyone knew about Brighten( You better know Brighten or I’ll kill you. They were amazing!)

“AP….or your Myspace got forwarded to me? I don’t remember. I just remember downloading the Ep and then being floored. I so didn’t expect that voice to come out of that body.” I said motioning to Nick. They all laughed.

“Your not the only one. He recorded his first song and let us preview. I was blown away. We didn’t know Nick had vocals like that!” Kennedy said eyeing the red head who’s striped purple shirt made his hair pop even more than it already did.

“Now look. He’s only got a Ep out and I think he may be getting bigger than us.” Pat said. I laughed, glancing around the room. The faces that I would spend the next two and half month with, all unique in their own personal way. The phone rang silencing everyone. I shrugged.

“Let the machine grab it.” I said leaning on Justin’s shoulder. It was most def nap time. He looked down at me, mid conversation staring as if caught by surprise. He smiled and went back to talking to the guys around the room. There was a click from the hallway and then a voice I never thought I’d ever hear again filled the room. I jumped off the couch and flew to the hallway, tripping on the carpet in the hallway. The machine beeped, I’d missed the call. I dropped my head to the floor.

“Everything okay?” Kennedy asked, looking down at me.

“Hmph. I missed the call. Stupid rug.” I stood up and grabbed the phone, praying silently that for some reason they had stayed on the line.

“Yeah….I just wish I could’ve caught that.” I replied quietly. He pulled me into a hug, resting his small head on top of mine.

“Call em’ back hun.” He said simply.

“I don’t have the nerve too.”

“You want me to do it for you?” He asked, grabbing the phone I’d sat on the table.

“No! Kennedy, Kenny, Ken, dear. If you even so much as push talk on that phone I’ll drop kick you in the face.” His eyes narrowed.

“Fine. I won’t help. Whatever.” He said huffing and dropping the phone onto the cradle.

“Thanks. Stupid douche face.” I said climbing the stairs. He stood at the bottom shaking his head. I sighed laying down on my bed. The quiet slowly letting me drift off to sleep. There was a rustling in the doorway. I sat up. Justin stood in the doorway, hands shoved deep into his pockets, his blonde head bowed.

“Hey.” He looked up smiling. His marvelous green eyes caught mine.

“Can I talk to you?” I nodded, pulling my feet up so he could sit down. He smiled softly and sat down on the edge.

“What’s up?”

“So you and guys are pretty close, eh?” I nodded.

“I guess. Their staying in my living room? I’m going on tour with them? So, I guess we’re pretty chill. Their easy to like.”

“What about John?” My head snapped up, giving away exactly what he wanted.

“Yeah what about him?”

“I don’t have anything left to say. Just know that relationships aren’t as easy as their perceived to be on tour.” He said, standing. I groaned, my head fell into my hands. I felt him sit back down. “What?”

“Why does everyone think there’s something going on with one of them?! John accused me of being with Kennedy, Kennedy gets suspicious if I’m alone with John. You think I’m with John. Gees. I give Kennedy more hugs than John. We’re all just friends!”

“I just thought with the way he stares…..I’m sorry.” My cheeks flushed. He stared? How had I missed that?

“Justin…to be honest. I have no idea what’s going on. I don’t know what I’m feeling. Relationships and me…we don’t go well together. Even if there was something going on-which there isn’t. I don’t know that I would be ready yet. My past holds me from doing anything.” He nodded, rubbing my back. I liked how he hadn’t try to pry anything out of me. Basis for a friendship? Hopefully. He opened his arms motioning for a hug which I took.

“Get it!” We both looked over at the doorway where Daray stood, her hands on her hips smiling.

“Daray! Come join our love fest!” Justin said, his smile wide. I wonder if she knew that he liked her. It was cute too bad Jared was around.

“Nah. I’ll stay here. The guys are making plans to go to Panera Bread are yall coming?”

“Hmm….No. I think I’m going to stay here with…..hold on.” I ran to the banister and leaned over, where the living room was viewable.

“Hey Garret! You wanna stay here and make some sweet lovin?” He smiled up at me.

“As tempting as that is. I really want food. So after lunch?” He replied, John jumped up and ran up the stairs, wrapping his long, slender arms around my waist.

“Nope. She’s taken!” I wriggled free, wiping my shirt off.

“Eww! O’ Callaghan germs! I don’t want cho’ herpes!” I yelled running outside into the cool June breeze. There were dark clouds off to the north, ever threatening. I smiled looking up at the sky. It wasn’t the best place to be, I missed Ocala hella lot but the people here were great. Life had come together in barely two weeks, it was fate. There was always a bump along the line though. Mine being the stupid feelings I had developed for Kennedy Brock and John O’ Callaghan. Close friend and sex appeal. Fuck my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soo sorry it took me so long to get this out. Temporary writers block FTL. Okay, so EVERYONE needs to go see Racing Kites. I saw them monday. Amazing. Reasd all about it here.
title cred-Someone Just Like You