Lonely Whispers and Silent Cries.

Chapter 3

April 16, 2001 7:30 a.m.

“Craig, over here,” A voice called my name inside the cafeteria.

I turned my head towards the voice and spotted some of my friends.

“Hey guys,” I said looking at them all.

I sat down at the rectangular table, reaching for the tray of breakfast that was saved for me.

“Is that the new girl?” Chelsea squeaked.

“I heard that she witnessed her entire family brutally mutilated before her eyes, hence why she doesn’t talk,” Ryan said looking down.

“And how would you know this?” I asked looking at Ryan.

“That’s what Nurse Cullen told Nurse Dillon,” He said with his head still down.

I thought to myself still thinking there was more to this story then meets the eye.

“Did you finish the report for Ms. Sully?” Amy said trying to catch my attention.

“What, oh no,” I said still absorbed in my own thoughts.

“But it’s due today, why didn’t you finish it?” Amy pestered me, while helping Chelsea find a bendy straw.

I looked at Amy; she was the mother hen of this group. She always had this motherly sense, no one ever bothered to ask why she was here. She told me once, but out of respect I never mentioned it again.

“Hey are you okay, you seem rather paler than usual,” Carter asked looking away from Chelsea, who was fixing her bendy straw the way she wanted it.

“Yeah, I just didn’t get much sleep you know, the life on an insomniac.”

“I’m guessing you aren’t taking your medication are you?” Amy asked rather sternly.

“Not those, but…” Before I could reply Amy jumped on my case.

“Craigery Michael Owens, you know you need your medication, your sanity is at stake.” Amy screamed at me.

Before I could answer her, the bells signaling the start of class shrieked.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?????