A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (9) Better...or not

Selena turned bright red. "It's nothing." she mocks me. I laugh. I don't know what it is about her but she seems so awesome.
"So where do you live?" I ask.
"Oh, Briarwood. House 80" Selena says.
"Really? I live in Briarwood too. 73 is my house. Not far from yours. Wait, 80? I think I've heard that before." I say.
"Hmm. Well anyways I don't think my aunt's home so it'll just be me and my cousin." Selena says.
"Your aunt?" I say.
"Yea, I sort of live with my aunt. Hate living with her but I kind of have to." Selena says. I didn't question her any further.
"Well, if you want, you could stay at my house." I say. I kind of liked the idea of having a friend over. I haven't done that since...well Miley.
"Really? That would be awesome! I've got to go home to get my stuff though." Selena says sounding very excited.
"Great." I say excited myself.
I put in one of Joe's cds that I stole. It was All Time Low.
"I love All Time Low!!!" Selena yells and turns up the volume. All the way to her house. Which as I pulled up the bitch walked out.
"WAIT! You live with the bitch?" I say surprised.
"You call her that too?" Selena says laughing as she got of the car.
"She's dating my brother." I say.
"Joe?" Selena says sounding really sad.
"No, Josh." I say.
"How many brothers do you have?" Selena says.
"3...i mean 2." I say still watching the bitch come down the porch steps.
"Right..." Selena says. I love how she never asks for details.
"What is she doing here?" the bitch says.
"Well, bitch I’ve missed seeing you in Josh's bed in the mornings so I thought I would come visit." I say sarcastically.
"Right, well speaking of Josh, Selena I’m going out with him tonight so you'll be all alone." Chrissy, I think that's her name, says.
"Chrissy I’m not going to be here. And I really don't care what you do." Selena says. Hey, I was right abouther name. Selena pushes past Chrissy and motions for me to follow.
"Wait, where could you possibly be going? No one likes you." Chrissy says rudely.
"I do. And she's staying with me. Maybe you'll see her in the morning." I say.
"Well, no one likes you anymore either so it doesn't really matter." Chrissy says and walks off to her little bug car.
"Oh and everyone just loves you." I say as I roll my eyes and walk up the porch steps.
"Come on." Selena says and drags me inside her house.
Inside was nice. The first thing I noticed was the smell. It smelled sweet, bitterly sweet. Like someone bakedone to many sugar cookies. The living room was done in all whiteand it looked so perfect that I didn't even want to walk into it. I followed Selena up the stairsto her room. She walked towards a door then turned down another hall. How many halls does this place have? I glanced into the room that we passed and saw that itwas allpink andfrom hereit smelled like someone hadspilled perfume all over the place, and horrible smelling perfume by the way. I follow Selena into a small room thatlooked out of place in this neat house. It wasredeverywhere. Her bedspread was red andher walls were red stripes. There were clothes and junk all over the floor and it smelled likepizza in her room. I loved it.
"Nice room." I say and give her a huge smile.
"Really? Not to red?"Selena says.
"No, I love it." I say. Selena blushesand starts grabbing random things and putting them in a small, of course, red bag.
"Need any help?" I say.
"No,it's cool. I'm done." Selena says and she motions for me to follow her back out of the house.
"Thatwas fast." I mumble as I follow her.
On our waytomy house welisten to Paramore,who she also likes. We startedtalkingaboutrandom things and I finally felt likeI had a best friend again.
The rest of the night went by fast; we bugged the guys,listened to music, gossiped, and scared the crapout of Josh and the bitch.From that night on we became basically inseparable I picked Selena up for school everyday unless shesaid not to.We kicked butt on the cheerleading team and Selena became themanager for Volleyball. All in one week.
Friday it all went down hill. That morning Igot a text fromSelena sayingnot to pick her upbecause she had to go to the doctor's. I figured ok whatever. So, I woke upJosh and then went to Joe's room. I woke up Joe and Justin all perky for some reason.
"Someone's in a good mood." Justin commented as he headed to the bathroom to change because I wouldn't leave the room.
"Well, yea I am." I say and give him a big grin which he returns.
"It's annoying." Joe says.
"Well, sorry." I say and giggle.
"It's cute." Justin says as he walks out of the bathroom. I know I blushed.
"So, anyways, I think I’m going to ride with ya'll this morning." I say.
"Are we picking up Selena?" Joe says all excited. Selena and Joe had been all flirty but they haven't exactly gotten together yet.
"No, because--" I start to say until we hear this yell and the breaking of glass.We all run outside and see Josh running downstairs. We follow to find Mom and Perry in the living room.
Mom was on the ground bleeding with glass in her arm. Perry was standing near her with a mean face.
"What in the hell happened?" I demanded though I had a feeling I already knew.
"Jessica! Language. I just fell." Mom says.
"I'll get a towel." Josh says and heads into the kitchen. Perry just sits down on the couch looking mad but not worried about his wife at all. That pissed me off.
"You fell?" Joe says skeptically. I knew he was thinking the same thing as me.
"Hey! Get me a beer will ya honey?" Perry says without taking his eyes off the TV.
"WHAT? Don't you see she's hurt you cruel jackass." I yell at Perry.
"JESSICA LANAGUE!" Mom says.
"Who do you think you're talking to you little ungrateful depressed slut." Perry says.
"A drunken wife beater." I snap back clenching my fists.
"I didn't do anything." Perry says with an evil look in his eyes. I just know he's lying.
"Stop lying." I say.
"He didn't do anything." Mom says as Josh gives her a rag and starts fixing up her arm.
"FINE! Stand up for this drunken idiot! I don't know why in the hell you would put up with all this shit but whatever...if you want to be beat everyday that's up to you but I am not going to watch it!" I yell. I run upstairs and grab my stuff and leave the house. Joe and Justin were right behind me.
"JESS!" Justin yells.
"Leave me alone!" I say as I get into my truck and slam the door.
"JESSICA!" Justin yells.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment plz. :D :D :D