Status: Currently on hold until further notice due to lack of ideas. Got any?

The Developing Country of HP

Something pretty awesome

Midnight. I stood at the opening to the barn shivering in the cold. Jukka was in the house sleeping, Jarno was sleeping in the other barn, and Jarppi was sleeping in the nice warm sauna. Everyone was warm and sleeping except for HP and I.

“What’s up?” HP asked as he got up from the corner and walked over to me.

His arms were crossed over his chest and he was shivering too. He could handle cold ten times better than I could, so him shivering means something. I thought the blood in my veins were turning to ice.

“It’s just … pretty awesome.” I said with my teeth chattering.
“What is?” he asked.
“It’s midnight and the sun is still out.” I said. “And yet for some reason it’s still super cold.”

The sun was indeed still out. It was setting, but it still had maybe another hour before it disappeared and left everything in darkness. It was so amazing to me.

“Oh.” he said as he got closer to me. “I can name something else that’s pretty awesome.”
“Oh really?” I asked.
“Yeah.” he said.
“And what would that be?” I asked.
I felt him wrap his arms around my waist. “You.” he said then kissed my cheek.
I smiled. “You’re pretty awesome too.” I whispered.

His skin was warm even though he was shivering. I felt a little bad, I knew for a fact that my skin was cold as ice. It felt good to have him holding me, it was keeping me somewhat warm.

He turned me around to face him. I felt myself blush when I met his gaze and immediately looked away. He took one hand and put a finger under my chin so that I was looking at him, while his other hand stayed wrapped around my waist. I looked into his eyes; those beautiful brown eyes and blushed some more. He smiled then leaned forward and kissed me. When it was broken the only thing I could do was smile and look away again. Damn shyness.

“Are you tired?” he asked.
“Yeah.” I said.
“Come on, lets try to find somewhere comfortable and warm to sleep.” he said.
“Sounds good.” I said.

We were going to have a rough night. We had to sleep on the cold ground with only the large plastic as a blanket. We huddled together to keep warm. I felt a little warm because his skin was just so warm, but he was probably felt as if he was sleeping on ice. Good thing I had my shirt between his body and my skin, otherwise he’d probably freeze to death. But even though he was cold, he didn’t complain. He only held me tight.