The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

I Want To Be The Last Frame In Your Eyes.

We all sat about the living room, watching the TV. It had sometime became a nice environment in the apartment. Oli and I were even sharing the love seat.

“So…how was dropping off Trisha at the airport?” I finally spoke to Curtis, who had been moping since we had gotten back.

“Shut up,” he mumbled.

Apparently Trisha had to go back because her and Adam’s sister-in-law is going into labor right this second and Trisha’s the Godmother. Adam doesn’t have anything to do with the kid; he can’t stand it’s mother.

“Anyways! Anybody up for a little game of Pictionary?” Erin shouted, holding up the light box, a smile appearing on her face.

Oli and I groaned at the same time.
“Erin, you know I hate Pictionary!”
“I can’t play that game for shit!”
It was at the same time. It made Erin smile. Hell, it made everyone smile.

“Fine,” Erin laughed, “But don’t ruin this for everyone else. Go to Starbucks or something. Leave us be.”
She turned and started setting everything up.

I groaned and looked at Oli, who just shrugged and stood up. I followed not two seconds later, slamming the door to the apartment behind me.

Once we were down the stairs and out the front door, the brisk night air hitting us, Oli decided to start a conversation.
“So…” he trailed over.

I laughed. “Where’s Tom? I was him earlier, bu-”

“Ah, shit. I forgot,” he confessed, looking around him. “Christie’s going to kill me.”

I rose an eyebrow. “Christie’s that chick you’re with, right?”

“I’m not with her, Anna,” he said sternly, “She used to date Tom and tour with us as a guitar tech. She’s just a friend…but her and Tom have some issues. I don’t quite understand it, but I don’t even understand us, so I guess I should stop trying to understand things,” he laughed, scruffing up his hair.

I rolled my eyes. “Just give it time, Oli.”

“I fucking hate time,” he mumbled cutely, shoving his hands into his pocket.

I laughed all the way to the Starbucks, where we walked in and found a half-dressed Tom and Christie at the counter, ordering coffee and giggling like a couple. A cute couple. It make me warm inside to see them like that, really.

“Now it’s our turn,” Oli whispered, ducking passed me and walking towards his smiling brother. I instantly felt bad.

[--]

We sat at our spot that we had sat at a million times, our feet hanging over the side of the canal. Oli was looking up at the stars, I was looking down at the water—at the ripples ricocheting off of the cement wall. It put me in a daze…a daze I seemed to enjoy for the time being.

Until I felt Oli’s hand creeping towards mine.

My face turned into the sun and I quickly snatched my hand away, trying to hide the blush on my cheeks.
“Oli, I-”

“Shh, love. Just be quiet,” he whispered, pulling me closer to him and wrapping me in his warm arms. I snuggled into him, being careful not to fall off into the canal.

I could feel myself falling asleep like that, but when it actually happened I can’t exactly tell you. All I know is that it was the best sleep I had had in months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Image
Credit;
short&sweet!