The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

This Heart Still Beats For You.

I woke up to the sun blazing through my right eyelid.

To be honest, the first thought that popped through my head was that Caitlin had lit the house on fire, but when I actually opened my eyes to peer into the deathly flames all I saw was a cluster of tattooed skin and leather seats.

I groaned, stretching the little bit that I could, and cracked my back.

Oliver stirred, mumbled something about bacon, then wrapped his arms tighter around me, catching me in mid-stretch and nestling his head in my cleavage. A cute smile crept onto his face that made me giggle.

The action was almost foreign—giggling, that is.

Oli’s eye popped open, the chocolate-y goodness peering up at me from my own cleavage.

“I missed you, Anna,” Oli murmured, nestling himself closer to me.

I smiled, curling up to the man that I had missed so much, and smiled the most content, relaxed smile I had smiled in months.

“I know, Oli. I missed you too.”

You’d think it would be hard for me to admit that after all this time, but it wasn’t. It came out as if I had been practicing it in front of my bathroom mirror for the past three months and few weeks. I wanted to say it again—I had held it in for so long.
I wanted to tell him that I loved him and that I never wanted to let him go, but I wanted this to slowly progress. I didn’t want him to think that everything was completely back to normal and that things were alright between us because, let’s face it, they weren’t. I still had some things I had to decide. I still had to think about whether or not I could handle this lifestyle.

I was praying that I could. I wanted to be with him so bad.

But it’s just not me.

[--]

“I’m home!” I shouted, throwing my bag onto the couch and falling into the mess of pillows. I had missed this amazingly comfortable couch so much I felt as if I had been going through subconscious withdrawals.

“Anna? You’re alive?” Caitlin shouted, peering around the corner with a bright smile on her face. She knew, obviously.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Christian! Get your scrawny ass in here!” I demanded from my puddle-like form on the couch.

Christian appeared two seconds later, a toothbrush in his mouth and foam spewing everywhere as he mumbled, “You rang?”

“What did you tell her? She knows something,” I pointed out, frowning at her goofy smile on her face. I didn’t like that one bit.

“Oh, nothing. Nothing,” he laughed, walking back down the hall and into the bathroom. I chased him down the hall with the best of intentions—choking him with his toothbrush. “I saw you guys at the canal last night, sweet cheeks!” he shouted from the other side of the door, then added: “The pictures are fucking adorable!”

My face turned twenty shades of red and I slunk quietly into my room, Caitlin following seconds later. Her eyes were that dazzling grey-blue color they turned when she got extremely emotional. I thought she was about to cry, but then she burst out with a question only Caitlin would ask.

“Did you guys shaaaag?”

Needless to say, she has a black eye as of now.
♠ ♠ ♠
CR3D1TZZ!

I'm gonna tell you kids a little somethin, 'kay?
I started writing fan-fiction in eighth grade after reading this amazing story on quizilla called Another Girl, Another Planet about Tom DeLonge in seventh grade. Now, if you know me, you'd know that I love tom DeLonge more than anything in this entire universe (yes, even my boyfriend on certain days.). That story is the story that made me fall in love with that man—that man I've never even met. It made me think of him in a completely new way, though it was all fiction. The story is long gone, but it is still imprinted in my mind. I hope that is what this story is for you—I hope if makes you fall in love with this man you don't know and makes you just absolutely adore him to pieces. That is what I'm aiming for. I hope I've succeeded. <3