The Hardest Part of Today is a Hangover.

No Time For Farewells.

[-June 3rd; 6 years after Anna’s graduation-]

“Connor, if you don’t calm yourself I’m going to have Nana come get you,” I warned my 5-year-old son as he ran throughout the busy record store. “Come here and sit down.”

Connor sighed dramatically, emulating his father immensely. “But mom,” he whined as he sat down next to me in his designated chair. Who knew a 5-year-old would be such a whirlwind? He has a lot of personality, though, like his father; he basically is a miniature Oliver Sykes.

I checked out a few people between bits of paperwork, keeping an eye on my adventurous son. It was an average day in good ole’ England. The weather was hot as hell and the people were buzzing about the shop like any other normal day.

“Aunt Anna, can you help me with something please?” a familiar voice asked from the other side of my counter. I stood up and peered down at adorable little Casey.

“Sure, sweetie, what do you need help with?” I asked with a smile. Connor hopped up out of his seat the second he heard her and rushed to her side to give her a hug. They were the cutest little best friends in the world.

She fidgeted with her hands. “It’s outside.”

“Okay, sweetie, I’m coming,” I told her, walking around the counter, all the while wondering where the hell Erin and Adam had disappeared to with their 5-year-old daughter aimlessly walking around the store. I told Paul to watch counter for me as I took the kids outside. When I walked through the doors, Anna led me around the corner and into the parking lot. I spotted a brand new truck – looked just like my old truck that I had totaled years ago. Oliver sat in the driver’s seat.

I stood there, confused. “Casey, sweetie, tell Aunt Anna what’s going on. She’s really confused.”

“Just go get in the truck,” the 5-year-old told me sternly.

I looked at my son, his face completely blank – he could do that just like his father. It pissed me off to no end. Secrets don’t make friends.

I walked over to the truck, climbed in, and looked at Oliver. “What’s going on, sweetie? And why are you here? Your mom has the little ones and why is Cas—“

“You like the new truck, baby?” Oliver interrupted, a smile clearly adorned on his face. “I got it shipped over here just for you. Same type of truck you used to have and everything. I know you missed that truck…” he trailed off, gripping the steering wheel. “And I know you missed your mum and sister,” he added, “and Erin, Adam, Caitlin, Christian, and the little ones.”

I peered at him with narrow eyes. “What’s going on Oli—“

“Look up,” he instructed, a smile on his face.

I looked up and saw everybody I love dearly. My mom, my sister Taylor, my in-laws, my three kids, my friends and their children – everybody that I had missed so much these passed few years in England. I had been so homesick and with Oliver away for months on end his parents and my children were my only sane thought.

“Oliver, I don’t know what to say…” I trailed off. “Thank you.”

“That’s not all,” he commented, a smile on his face. He turned to me, pulling his leg up so he could turn entirely sideways. “I know why you rebelled against me all those summers ago before Connor was born and I know you still feel the same way.”

“But I—“

“Hush, love, I’m not done,” he interrupted. “I want you to know that I appreciate you dealing with your fears daily just to show me that you love me. I love knowing that when I come home to see you, you’ve been aching for me every day that I’ve been away and I can quench that thirst. And the beautiful children you’ve given me… I can’t even begin or we’ll be here for the rest of our lives.” He smiled. “But my point is, I want to appreciate you for the rest of my life and I’m not sure why it’s taken us so long, but Annabelle, will you be my wife?”

My breath caught in my throat and I almost fell over. The ring I had been looking right passed that was sitting on the dashboard was picked up my Oliver and held in front of my face. It was gorgeous; it looked like it was meant to be on my hand and I couldn’t believe he had picked something so perfect.

I wanted to squeal, but I just smiled. “Yes, I would love to be your wife, Oliver.”

He slipped the ring onto my finger and pulled me into the most amazing kiss that I had every experience in my life. I could hear everyone outside howling, clapping hands. This was something that they had all been waiting for and our stubbornness had, for some reason, made us wait for nearly 6 years to finally settle down. It was the money that made us wait – we wanted to me comfortable financially. This must be Oli’s way of telling me that he’s finally comfortable financially.

“You never have to worry about me leaving you again,” he whispered into my ear. “I love you, Annabelle. I love you more than life itself.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

I know the wait has been relentless, and I honestly wasn't even planning on finishing, but all of the people who read this really just made me not want to leave you guys hanging. I cut it short another sequel, I know, and I'm sorry, but the story's run its' course and I hope you guys have all enjoyed it. Leave some love and enjoy life, I've missed you guys dearly.

<3 Coty