Younger Sisters Anyone?

Younger Sisters Anyone? Chapter; 3

Younger Sisters Anyone?
Chapter 3;

Before I knew it, it was sunrise.

………………………….

Great. I think to myself, another boring day at school.
Well, that’s what I thought.
After my usual day at school I headed to go to work the owner, Melanie told me it was my day off. Strange, I didn’t think it was, but I wasn’t in the mood to argue. Since she said it was my day off, don’t argue with this boss.
That’s all I can tell you.
Oh well, I started walking home. The silence, Im no used to it. It was very peaceful . What a change. I changed my pace and sped up a bit, I really wanted to get home. As I approached my house, there was a car in the drive way I didn’t recognise. How weird. We rarely get company, but when we do, mum always tells me. She wants me to get Ashlee out of the house. Mmm, I wonder why. I think as I quietly chuckle to myself.

I desperately wanted to know what was going on. Slowly I crept to the door step, I could hear faint voices going on inside. Cautiously I made my way in the door and still confused. I tip-toed to the living room, not making one noise, making sure there was not one creek of this old house. I got as close as I could so I could hear everyone’s voices perfectually. I picked up my mums voice, my fathers, and who was this mysterious man?

“Do you really think this will work out?” mum asked in a hushed tone.

“I am quite sure she will understand” said the mysterious man with seriousness in his voice, but then laughed, it was no ordinary laugh, it was very deep and quite dark.

“I’m still not sure, it will be hard to convince Laura to do this” said mum, I could tell she was scared.
As soon I heard my name I desperately wanted to know what was going on. Pressing my ear harder to the door. Convince me to do what! This suspense is killing me! I heard my mum and dad sigh. This wasn’t good, they only sighed when they are disappointed.

“Oh, come on! I bet you can possibly trick her into this, its only boarding school” urgently said the mysterious man.
BOARDING SCHOOL! What the hell are they thinking?! Damn straight it will be hard to convince me to go! I’m NOT going anywhere.

Being frustrated now, I crash through the doors and scream
“I’M NOT GOING! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO FORCE ME!”

Both my mum and dad are looking at me with shock, trying to hide their discomfort and shame. The mysterious man was just staring at me, he was looking at me like I was a piece of meat, or maybe an object. Then his focus fixed on my face.

“Oh, how glad I am to finally meet you Laura. You probably don’t remember me but I’m your .. Uncle Oliver. I’ve come from London and your mother and father here tell me that you’ve been some sort of depressed. I was hoping that you would accompany me back to London to join the boarding school there, it would be a lot of fun you know” said Oliver with a sly grin starting to creep across his face.

“No, I don’t remember you and I do NOT want to join you at boarding school! I love it here” screaming at him trying to control my breathing.

“What a shame… too bad you don’t have a choice” Oliver quietly said, his eyes fixed on me, a cheeky grin plastered across his face.

“Wait! What do you mean, I don’t have a … choice?” I say slowly trying to piece together my words.

“Your coming with me, if you don’t like it or not. You see, when you were just young your mother and father were in this sort of .. Debt, and there would be no way they could ever afford to pay me back, so they said they would five me their most precious possession. By that, they meant you. When you were the right age, of course”.
I turn slowly from ‘Uncle Oliver’ to my parents trying to absorb everything I have heard. Now facing my parents I say to them
“What were you thinking? Why would I ever go with him”.

Oliver coughed, trying to gain my attention, he failed. As I continuously stare at my parents they are just looking at Oliver with desperation in their eyes. I knew they didn’t want too loose me. I reckon they were thinking that he forgot all about their ‘deal’. Obviously not. They knew that he wouldn’t give up to get me. I also knew it. But, Im not going down without a fight. As soon as I have everything settled and I came back down to earth, I realised that my mum and dad were still looking at Oliver. I turn back to Oliver. What the, he’s still looking, how strange.

“So, what makes you think I’ll go with you? I know that you had an arrangement with my parents, but what makes you think that I will go with you? Seriously?” I say staring into his cold eyes.

“I guess this was coming, and I do have a ligamente reason. When your parents and I make this deal, it was actually some sort of bond you see, you have to come with me… otherwise, there are consequences”

“Consequences? What do you mean?” I say, confused. What is he saying? Why would there be consequences? And, a bond?

“These consequences I speak of mean that in this bond that it was agreed that if you didn’t come with me when the time was right, I would destroy your favourite possessions” Oliver quickly said, having a quick glance at my parents. I tried to follow his glance. He was now looking at my parents. Mum and dad. I knew what he would do.

“What! You mean you will kill my parents? You can’t do that! For one; its against the law. And for two; you’ll go to jail” I say with confidence in my voice. The sides of his mouth begin to pick up, he’s forcing down a smile. What did that mean!

“Oh, so they didn’t ever mention me after all. Well, heres something for your book. That you probably didn’t even think. I’m a vampire”.