Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 11: Horrid Relizations

Chapter 11: Horrid Realizations

“Oh my god! Oh my god!” was all I could think and I was screaming it hysterically in my head, for I couldn’t mutter a syllable. I was frozen in Death’s cold arms.
“Now let her go,” soothed Carlisle striding forward toward the monster and my captor “She has nothing to do with us.”
“It has nothing to do with her relation!” laughed the demon with a surprisingly beautiful voice. “At the least she is food, at the most she is a weakness to you. Either way, she is as good as dead.”
“What do you want with us?!” snapped Carlisle through his well versed façade.
“Your land of course,” said the man with a snarl “and your hunting ground!”
“Why would you want this area?” asked Carlisle innocently “Feeding a lot came get conspicuous.”
“There are plenty of “hiking accidents” and “bear” problems for us.” was his only response.
“If you let her go we can compromise.” Said Carlisle
I could tell her was nervous because his eyes were darting back between the three men and me.
“I don’t want to strike a bargain!” growled the man “I want her life!” I felt his mouth draw closer to my neck and his tongue reached out to taste me.
At this a fierce yell ripped across the field. I noticed it was Jasper; his eyes were overcome with rage. I knew I had to do something.
“At the looks of things,” I thought “The Cullens must have something “special”, they must be deadly. This could explain a lot.” All the strange incidents lined up in my head. Lightning fast speed, pale skin, a fear of the sun, the beastly growls and finally, my captor’s deadly mouth.
“Vampires.” I thought “Could it be possible? It is the best explanation and, my best hope. I just need to give them a chance, one second.” I made up my mind to make a last ditch effort to save my life.
As I thought it in my head I saw Edward head shoot up with astounded speed and look me in the eyes. “Yes,” I thought “Somehow he understands” Then I looked at Carlisle and Jasper trying to pass on, somehow, that I was going to try to give them a chance. I think they understood. With that decision I did the only thing I could think of, a knee to the groin. My captor was still a man right?
In the quickest movements I could I clocked my head back and drove a hard, mad knee into his groin and dropped to the ground. I think it was the surprise that did it. They whole time I remained silent and still, not moving, shocked. He wasn’t expecting his “weak” victim to have and mind at all.
Once I was on the ground I heard a great roar as Jasper, ahead of his family, leaped onto the man and shoved him away from me, beheading him in one quick movement. The rest of the family went at his to comrades doing a deadly dance of dodges, bites and, kicks while I felt myself being lifted and swept away from the action by the ever-loving Esme.
I sat there, on the edge of the field by Esme while the boys continued to rip apart the vampires (now I saw undoubtedly sure of this fact) and proceeded burning them in a purple “Salem” fire.
I looked up at Esme. As I did this I noticed she had been looking at me and had quickly looked and inched away from me. “Why?” was all I could ask. She looked down at me and looked as if she would cry, if she could. “Why did you looked away, go away farther?” I asked her almost crying “Do you not like me anymore?” An incredulous look overcame her face. “Not like you?” she said hallowing my words “I could never dislike you but, aren’t you afraid of me?” “Esme…” was all I could utter as I rapped my arms around her. “Oh dear, I’m so happy!” said she with love coating her words. At this Alice walked over to us. I had noticed her across the field watching the hell-ish work the men were doing, probably also to afraid of frightening me further.
She sat and on folded white legs and looked me in the eyes and asked “Do you still like us? Even after you found out what we truly are?” “Of course I still love you Alice.” I said “You always were and always will be just “Alice” to me. My knowledge about you hasn’t changed who you are.” As Alice gave me a hug I noticed them men had finished burning the corpses and were walking slowly towards us, Emmett taking the rear. Then I noticed a face was missing. The one that I most wanted to see. Where was Jasper? Then I noticed a figure standing by the ashes. He gave me a glance and quickly ran into the forest. I began to cry. “Why?” I wondered “Why would he run away from me? Does he know harbor immense hatred for me since I mad his family show what they are? Does he hate me know?”
At the sight of my crying Carlisle stopped but then he came closer when he saw me snuggling up to Esme and crying on Alice’s shoulder. “It’s OK.” Soothed Carlisle “It’s all over.” In my hysteria I couldn’t understand his meaning all I could think was “Jasper, where is he? Where did he go! Jasper!” “I know it’s shocking. A lot of stuff for a 17 year old to go through, seeing people killed and destroyed.” Said Carlisle. I began crying more and began shrieking in a voice I didn’t recognize as my own “What?! It’s not Ok. What if I didn’t want it to end!” and slumped into Esme’s chest. As I glanced up at them I saw I look on Edwards face a sympathizing one and a knowing one. Bella also looked as if she could empathize. She herself wasn’t a Vampire but she had Edward. She understood. Edward whispered something in Carlisle’s ear. His lips seemed to buzz. Carlisle turned toward me with a sad face and smile. My eyes began to droop. “Your tired now.” Said Carlisle “You should get some rest, Alice will tell your mom you are having a sleepover.” As he picked me up in his arms I heard Alice tell him she would “find him” and danced over after leaving a kiss on my cheek. I just couldn’t stand it anymore. I had to sleep. As I drifted off, I felt as if I was carried on a wind as I was brought into the house and set onto a couch. I was asleep several hours, I could tell, but a single quiet word took me out of the haze. Jasper. “He’s coming back soon, he’s very embarrassed so leave off.” Said a high soprano, Alice. “Don’t worry, though I wonder how Winifred will take it. And Alice, can you do something about her sleeping place, it looks like she’ll fall off.” Stated Carlisle. At that moment I noticed I was about to fall off the couch. “I’ll take care of her!” said Alice I detected a note of mischievousness but I was too tired as I fell more deeply asleep as I felt two cold, thin arms surround me, being carried up stairs and was laid on a soft bed that smelled heavenly. “I know this scent.” I thought and breathed it in many times and, it acted as a lullaby as I drifted farther away.
I heard a sink running and it woke me up. “Where am I?” Was the only question on my mind as reality came crashing down. They’re Vampires, good vampires. Jasper. I looked around the room I was in. The place Alice brought me. I was in a fairly large bed wrinkled, but made. It didn’t look as if it was ever slept on as if the owner had just been laying on it. I noticed a wall of bookshelves, full, and an open book on the nightstand. The bed was made of rosewood; the coverlet was dark blue and solid. The walls were a light grey and one wall, the one with books, was blue. Against the wall I saw a case revealing a confederate flag. “It looks like it came right out of the civil war!” I thought I heard a groan and a splash of water coming from the bathroom. I heard a towel ring squeak and out stepped Jasper.
“I had never seen anyone so shocked.” I thought as I sat up in bed. I looked at him. He stood there god-like against the wall with the most shocked look pasted on his non-moving face. He wasn’t even breathing. He turned to leave and a shock ran through me. I couldn’t let him leave again. I had to stop him. “Wait.” I whispered to his back he stopped and turned around with a cautious look on his face. “I need answers.” I said to him. He became sad. “What?” he asked. His very voice was heavenly, I felt as if it had been a century since I had last heard it.
“Why did you leave?” Was my question. He hadn’t expected that.