Love in Cold Blood

Chapter 9: a visit to the coven

Chapter 9: A Visit to the Coven

Thursday went by great. I beat my alarm clock, found the shirt I had lost and, my mom bought me a Japanese bento from the local market. (I <3 Sushi!) But most of all I was happy because of Jasper, Alice, Bella and, all the Cullens and Hales. I was no longer worried about my other classmates. I was never called names about the way I looked. I think this was mostly because if Jasper or Alice, even Emmett once, heard anyone say anything bad about me they got a glare and a scowl. For some reason everyone seemed to steer away from these people. I wondered why but, all I cared was that they didn’t care they way I looked, they cared about who I was. I felt the same way about them. Who cares if they are wonderfully beautiful? They were still nice and considerate people.
Art class was equally exciting because for our physical models we moved up from wooden dolls for our project to our neighbors! This was good and bad. The good was that I was able to ogle at Jasper as much as I wanted to, to soak in every detail and store it in my mind. The bad thing was, how do you put such a gorgeous person on paper?! An artist’s nightmare.
“”You’re always so serious!” Laughed jasper as I was staring hard between my painting jasper and the real thing.
“I want to get it right.” I said blushing that he caught me staring. “You’re trying hard too!” I had noticed him paying attention. But what I hadn’t expected was his reaction. He turned his head away as if he was blushing! Was he blushing? Sadly, when he turned his head back a few moments later no blush was on his cheeks. “Sad,” I thought “I would love to see him blush. He must be so cute!” They rest of the class was spent working on our projects, talking and jasper trying to convince me to show him my work.
“No!” I had to repeatly tell him “It’s not done yet, you can’t see!” Every time I said this he just tilted his head and gave me a mopey smile which would have made every girl (maybe even some guys) in that room swoon if they had been looking. It tempted me but I held strong. I really didn’t want him to see.
After lunch, Calculus and all my other classes I was ready to go home. I had plenty of homework but, I was stopped by Alice.
“Remember!” She said with a smile “I’ll pick you up tomorrow and tell your mom you won’t be straight home!”
“I will!” I told Alice looking into her face. “Just don’t be late!” At this she giggled and waved goodbye.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“This is Halloween! This is Halloween!” Sang my alarm clock as I turned it off, rolled over and checked the time. 5:30 in the morning. Time to get up. “Another day….” I began when the memory hit me. “After school today I’m going to Jasper’s house!” Again the enigma of what to wear presented itself again. “I know I’m getting worried over nothing!” I thought “But still their parents!” Quickly I got up and took a shower the whole time trying to relax myself. When I got out, I blow dried my hair and still in my towel, walked into my closet. “Something appropriate,” I thought “Today is not the day to go crazy.” I settled on a pair of tight black jeans with a small wallet chain and a black low cut top with a black and white striped cami underneath. I matched my accessories by adding a pair of striped arm warmers with skulls, bat and small hoop earrings and a pair of chucks.
I was just finishing my make-up when I heard a honk. 7:00! I had taken longer than I thought! I hurried down the stairs to my mom eating breakfast below, shouted to remind her that I’ll be home late, grabbed my book bag and ran out of the door. When I had got to the car, I gave Alice a kiss on the cheek and told her “Thank you for giving me a ride.” And slid in the back seat where I met the eyes of Jasper. They were very light eyes. Lighter than I’ve seen in a while. An almost honey gold. He gave me a warm smile and asked, “How are you this morning?”
“Great!” I exclaimed probably too enthusiastically. “You?”
“I’m fine.” Jasper said with a laugh. At this point I knew I must be blushing. Gratefully, we were at school already. I hopped out of the car, gave Alice a hug, waved goodbye to Jasper and headed off to Lang. Arts. I was practically floating with excitement. For some reason I just couldn’t wait to go to their house!
I couldn’t even think I was paying attention while Mr. Blackmer was explaining The Canterbury Tales to the class. The rest of the day went by in a blur. I just couldn’t wait for school to end! Jasper noticed this.
“It’s really no big deal.” Said Jasper amusingly breaking me from my reverie. “It’s just a house.”
“But it’s your house.” I was about to say but, stopped myself and instead added “Alice is excited, by the way I want to see the size of her closet! By the way she shops it could be a separate room!”
“It is!” Laughed Jasper. “Her closet is as big as her room which is no where near small.”
I gaped at him which brought out a new wave of laughter. “I would like to see this.” I said.
“You will.” Was his response
Before I knew it I was getting back into Alice’s yellow car. I couldn’t even remember anything I had done that day and I really didn’t care.
Alice zoomed along to her house all the while talking to me. As I looked out the window, we had entered a large driveway which opened out into a big clearing which in the middle sat a large white house. It really was beautiful. It took my breath away. A large white house, with huge clear windows that allowed you to see the light interior that was dominated by arabesque staircase and a grand piano. The whole other side of the house appeared to be glass. As I stepped out of the car with Alice and Jasper, I noticed Bella and Edward step out of Bella’s red truck and the rest of the Cullens, Rosalie and Emmett drive up in the silver Volvo.
“Do you like it?” asked Alice a smile on her face.
“It’s beautiful.” Was all I could say. It was beautiful beyond words.
“Esme will like to hear that.” Said Alice
“Esme?” I wondered aloud
“Our adoptive mother.” Said Edward who was walking toward the house with Bella at his side.
As we walked up to the house I wondered what “Esme” and the Cullens’ adoptive dad looked like. I was in for a surprise.
As I walked into the house I stood in shock at what I saw. Carlisle. My drawing in the flesh. Carlisle was Carlisle Cullen. Alice and the other’s parent!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people! I actually have pretty much this whole story alreadt written out but, Id much enjoy comments to see if this site likes my work! if you guys do; I'll post other stories after this.