Get in Line and I'll Grieve You

Drunken Smile

BOBS POV.

I dragged myself and my things through the arrivals hall at the airport, sighing as I saw Ceri, my girlfriend of six months rushing towards me.

"Hey baby!" she cried, flinging her arms around my neck and hugging me tightly. I hugged back with any remaining energy I had, which was very little at all.

"Hey," I said pretty much expressionlessly, so tired.

"Whats wrong?" she asked, letting go of me and stepping back a little.

"Nothing, just tired, you know long flights..." I broke off and glanced around the room.

Gee was hugging Lyn-Z like there was no tomorrow, Mikey and Alicia were kissing, Ray and Christa were talking in between small kisses and Frank was being hugged by his boyfriend Lewis. I never liked that guy, I couldn't see what he wanted with Frankie, he must be at least twice his size and they have practically nothing in common.

"Bob? helloo?" Ceri waved her hand in front of my face and I jolted out of my thoughts.

"Sorry babe, let's go home," she smiled and nodded, taking my hand she dragged me towards the exit of the arrivals building. I looked back over my shoulder and saw Ray had noticed me being towed away. He mouthed 'sorry' while Christa just laughed and waved. I waved back and mouthed 'help me' causing Ray to burst out in a fit of giggles.

Christa is so laid back and easy going, why can't Ceri be more like that? I mean, I love her I think but she is just so possessive sometimes and she drags me around by my hand like a little rag doll. She's tiny compared to me, only about 5ft 2 and skinny as a twig. She used to be curvy when we met but she just keeps losing more and more weight and I don't like skinny girls, it's not right.

I chucked all my stuff into the back of the car and jumped in the passenger side, I was far too tired to drive home and not fall asleep at the wheel. During the half an hour trip I fell asleep and the next thing I knew we were parked outside my house with Ceri shaking me awake gently.

"Baby wake up, we're home."

I smiled and got out of the car, grabbed my stuff and followed her inside, having just enough energy to dump my case in the hallway before falling into a heap on the couch. I was asleep in seconds.

Three hours later Ceri woke me up. We were going out to dinner tonight, she arranged it, why tonight I don't know. I mean, I'm on break for god knows how long and she had to do it my first night back?

I groaned loudly and got up, trudging into the hallway and picking up my case to take it upstairs to our room and unpack all my stuff. Once I was done I took a quick shower and got myself ready to go out, putting on smart black trousers and a white shirt with a plain black jacket.

I fiddled with my hair trying to make it go how I wanted it but gave up and went to knock on the door to get Ceri out of the spare room where she had been getting dressed, telling me I wasn't allowed to see her until she was done.

"Ready?" she called.

"Yeah let me see, come on!"

She opened the door and I almost gasped. She looked stunning. Dressed in a short black skirt with tall heels her legs looked twice as long as usual, her shirt was amazing, low cut but not too low, hanging just right on her petite frame. Her perfectly straightened hair framed her face beautifully and hung down to well past her shoulders.

"Well?"

I was just stood there gaping like an idiot, my mouth was probably open and I was probably getting drool all over my shirt.

"Bob?" she giggled slightly and I snapped out of it.

"You look.. just wow... beautiful... stunning, all of it, just amazing." I beamed and she grinned, kissing me on the cheek.

"Is that all I get for all those nice things I just said?" I pretended to pout and she slapped me lightly and playfully across the cheek.

"Come on let's go," she pulled me downstairs by my hand and we jumped into the car.

Maybe tonight will turn out better then I thought it would.

FRANKIE'S POV.

I thought tonight would be awesome but its just not. Lewis is drunk, already, and its not even eight O clock yet! He was the one who decided we should go to this club, I'm not a great 'clubbing' fan.

"Come dance with me sexy," he slurred, pulling me forcefully into a kiss. He tasted vile, like a mix of all the strong spirits he had been drinking tonight. I broke the kiss and he looked hurt, but the look was soon lost in a drunken smile as he dragged me out onto the dance floor to dance with him again.

"Lewis, I don't want..." the rest of my sentence got cut off as he forced his mouth back onto mine and pushed his tongue roughly into my mouth. I tried to pull away but he had both hands on the back of my head and holding it there forcefully.

After a few minutes he released me and pulled my body close to his, swaying his hips in time to the crappy music pumping out of the speakers. The club was rammed full even though it was early and I knew I wouldn't be able to loose him without him noticing I had gone. He ground his hips into mine and I tried to back up but couldn't.

After another four songs I talked him into coming to sit back down. I really wanted to just go home and go to bed, I'm totally exhausted from the flight earlier and I just need to sleep.

"Baby can we go home?" I yelled over the boom of the music speakers.

He shrugged so we went outside to hail a cab. Luckily the first one that went past was empty so we got in and told the driver where to go. The trip was silent except for Lewis's random drunken giggling

"You're off home very early boys," he laughed as he pulled up outside my house.

"I don't feel well," I muttered as I paid him and we got out.

I pulled Lewis's arm as I led him along to the front door, fumbling with my keys I let us in and Lewis rounded on me the second the door slammed shut behind us.

"Hey baby," he said softly, pushing my fringe back off my face and making me shudder slightly at his touch. I reached up and removed his hand, his eyes narrowed.

"Come to bed babe," he suggested, his hand trailing down my chest towards my belt buckle. I pushed it away again.

"N..no," I stammered and backed away but hit the wall.

"Come here Frankie," he giggled and grabbed at me again.

"Don't touch me!" I gasped but his hands found my throat.

"P..please," I stuttered as he tightened his grip. When he gets this drunk he doesn't know what he's doing. He loves me really, just like he says he does all the time.

"I said come to bed bitch! You know what I want from you, you pathetic whore!" he cried angrily, pushing me down onto my knees. I looked up at him and my eyes filled with tears as I saw the man I thought I loved.

"No... I don't want to, you're too drunk and I..." he kicked me in the stomach, hard and I gasped for breath, falling backwards onto the floor.

"Lewis! Stop it!" I yelled but it was like he couldn't hear me. He hit me again and again and I felt warm blood start to trickle from my mouth and nose as he struck my face. I screamed for him to stop until my voice had gone but he just laughed. The last thing I saw was his drunken smile before falling into endless blackness.

BOBS POV. 2 HOURS LATER.

My cell buzzed against my leg again, this must be the thirtieth time it's gone off tonight. I'm just ignoring it, it would be rude to Ceri to take a call now, it's her night too. It stopped buzzing and I breathed a sigh of relief, only for it to start vibrating again a few seconds later.

"Ceri, sorry baby, do you mind if I take this? It's been going all night so it must be important."

"Yeah, sure." I could hear the bitterness in her voice but didn't even care as I took my phone out and flipped it open.

"Hello?" I asked.

"B..bob? thank g..god you answered." It was Gerard and he sounded really upset about something.

"Gee? whats wrong?"

"It's F..frankie, he's in the h..hospital."

"He what?!"

"His b...boyfriend says he fe...fell d..down the st...stairs b..but it's bad Bob, r..really b..bad."

"What hospital are you at, I'll be there as soon as I can. Calm down Gee, I'm sure he'll be fine."

He quickly told me where they were and I hung up the phone. Ceri was shooting me a death glare from across the table.

"Let me guess..." she started but I cut her off.

"One of my best friends is in the hospital, I have to go, I'm really sorry."

"Oh yeah, sure, just go, it's absolutely no problem Bob, you just leave me all alone for tours and leave me here now?"

"It's not like that. I really have to leave," I stood up and grabbed my jacket from the back of the chair.

I quickly pulled out my wallet and gave her enough money to cover the check because I had no time to wait for them to bring it out, and enough for her to get a taxi home as I was taking the car, I had to see Frank.

"Bye baby, I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you I swear." I kissed her on the cheek softly but she didn't even react.

I took one last look back at her and realized that if this was the way she felt about the band, she wasn't worth bothering with anymore anyway. I jumped in my car and sped towards the hospital, at least twenty over the speed limit the whole way there. Damn it I hope I don't get stopped, I've been drinking tonight too and I'm probably over the limit. I slowed down to as fast as I could legally go and hoped there were no random drink drive tests going on on this road tonight.

Thankfully, there were none and I reached the hospital without being arrested for drink driving. Just as Gee had said, Mikey was waiting for me in reception to show me where Frank's room was. He was also tear stained as I greeted him.

"Hey Mikes," I hugged him, he hugged back and we let go after a few seconds.

"He's in the ICU, come on, this way," he led me off through a maze of white corridors, that sickly hospital disinfectant smell was wafting up my nose and making me feel ill.

We reached a plain white door and Mikey knocked it three times. A few moments later Ray opened the door, he didn't look as though he had been upset but he looked pretty shaken.

"Lookin' sharp Bob, where were you when Gee called?"

"Out, with Ceri, god she's annoying. She went mental on me when I had to leave."

"Women," scoffed Ray and moved aside so we could enter the room.

He lay motionless in the bed, linked up to god knows how many machines. His face was battered, two black eyes, a split lip and bruises everywhere. Lewis was sat at the bedside, holding his hand, the hand without a drip in it.

"He fell down the stairs?" I asked, he looked up at me and gave me the filthiest look I have ever received in my life.

"Yes, he did."

"He fell down the stairs and that happened to him? Come on, we're not that stupid. Was he in a fight?"

"What do you mean, I was out with him and he fell down the stairs."

"You're drunk."

"I am not."

"Yes you are you reek of whiskey."

"Bob! Just sit down, leave Lewis alone," said Gee, not taking his eyes off Frank's battered form.

"I'm not drunk," hissed Lewis.

"So what else is up with Frankie then, other then the busted up face."

Mikey picked up the chart from the bottom of the bed and read it aloud to us.

"Facial bruising, two ribs fractured and one broken, severe bruising to abdomen, arms, legs and head trauma. I agree with Bob, he didn't fall down the stairs," said Mikey, raising his eyebrows. Lewis looked shocked and shook his head, his eyes narrowed as he looked at me and he tightened his grip on Frank's hand.

I think I know exactly what happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Next chapter after 5 comments.