Get in Line and I'll Grieve You

17 Missed Calls

BOB'S POV.

After our mini 'arguement' we all stayed pretty quiet. I sat as far away from Lewis as I could, I just couldn't stand the sight of him. I didn't want to look at him. I know what he did to Frank and no matter how many times he tries to say he 'fell down the stairs' I'll never believe him, and as soon as I get to talk to the rest of the guys on their own I'll make sure they don't believe him either. Although, I don't think they're very persuaded by him, they just want to believe that he fell down the stairs more that they want to believe that Lewis actually beat him up like a fuckin' rag doll.

Oh he's gonna pay. I'll make sure of that.

"I'm goin'..." Lewis muttered as he stood up from his seat beside Frank and put on his jacket.

"See ya," Ray replied. Judging by the hidden tone in his voice he was happy that Lewis was finally leaving.

"We'll call you if there's anymore news..." Gerard told him as Lewis nodded and swiftly walked out the door.

I sighed loudly, "He's probably on his way to the nearest bar to get wasted and find another guy he can fuck then beat to a pulp..."

"Bob!" Mikey exclaimed as if he was my mother telling me off for swearing.

"It's true! I know you're all thinking it! Lewis did this...he didn't fall down any fuckin' stairs!" I replied, my voice raising in volume.

"We don't know anything for sure and we can't just go accusing Lewis!" Gerard told me.
What is with him!? Of course we can accuse Lewis 'cause he did it!

"Bob's right..." Ray chirped up. Thank God for Ray, the guy who can read minds, "no one can get all these injuries from falling down some stairs...facial bruising and head trauma, maybe. But broken ribs and a bruised abdomen...no way a normal flight of stairs can do that!" he finished off.

Mikey stood up, "I'm gonna go guys...I just...need to get my head round all this...I just hope Frank's okay...call me if anything happens!"

"I think I'm gonna go too...I can't bear seeing him like this..." Gerard added as he stood up and walked over to Frank, kissing his forehead gently and giving his hand a light squeeze.

"'kay..." I muttered as they walked silently out of the door.

Ray and I sat in silence for a while. Every now and then sharing small smiles at eachother and glancing over at Frank with hope that he'll wake up soon. He was in such a state...if Lewis had've thrown one more punch his way I swear he'd be in a coma. Thank God he's not.

"What're we gonna do Ray?" I asked as he looked up at me from his hands.

"I dunno Bob..."

"We all know what Lewis is like...a fuckin' alcoholic...I mean sure Frank'd have a bruise on him now and then and always try to say he bruised easily or he bashed into the door...but we all knew what actually happened...and never said anything...but this...is just too fuckin' far...the guy needs to be locked up!" I told him with almost a plea for help in my voice.

"I know Bob...but before we interfere with anything we've gotta talk to Frank...he's the only one with the truth about what happened...it's his boyfriend...his decision whether he wants to tell someone..."

"I guess...but...I can't stand around whilst this happens anymore...I feel so helpless..."

"Same here...anyway...I'm gonna head off home...looks like Frank's gonna be asleep for the night...we can come back tomorrow...you comin'?" Ray asked me as he stood up.

"I'll just be another 5 minutes...you can go...I won't be long..." I replied with a small smile.

Ray smiled back and walked out of the door. I sighed again and combed my hands through my hair. I got up and walked over to Frank.

"I'm so sorry that we're all standing around letting this happen to you Frank...but don't worry...we'll help you put a stop to it...you've always got us guys..." I whispered, holding his hand in mine and giving it a small squeeze.

I let go and took my jacket from the back of the chair and put it on. With one quick glance back at Frank's pale and broken body, I walked out of the door, down the corridor and out of the hospital.

I got in my car and sat there for a second as I turned my phone back on. It bleeped.

Ceri.
17 Missed Calls.

Oh, fuck.

-x-x-x-

I parked the car outside and sped quickly to the front door. I didn't even have to knock as the door was yanked open before I even lifted my hand.

"Where the fuck have you been, Bob!?" came Ceri's voice.

"I'm sorry...I had to - "

"You had to what!? You're phone was turned off...I called you like 50 times! You didn't answer! I was fuckin' worried Bob!" she shouted at me as I walked past her into the house and to the bedroom.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going!? You're sleeping on the damn couch tonight!" she exclaimed at me as I silently got changed into my pajamas.

"Ceri, I went to - " I tried to explain, but was once again interrupted.

"You're cheating on me aren't you!? You went to see some other fuckin' woman! Well you better tell me who she is right now or so help me I'll throw you out!" Ceri exclaimed at me once more.

I can't believe she was accusing me of cheating!

"Well I'm sorry darlin', but you can't fuckin' do that 'cause this is my house!" I shouted back. I'd had enough of her and her stupid 20 questions everytime I set foot out of the house.

"You just watch me! Now tell me who the hell it is!"

"Urgh! I wasn't out cheating on you okay! I've been trying to explain that Frank's in the hospital which is why I rushed off!" I bellowed, finally managing to get my words out.

She gave me this bewildered look. As if trying to figure out whether I was lying or not.

"Oh...well...why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't have time...I had to go down to see what had happened!"

"Oh well it's nice to know you care more about your stupid friend than me!" she screamed.

I just glared at her. I was disgusted. How can she not care about what had happened to Frank? I didn't even want to talk to her right now. I grabbed a pillow and a sheet, walked out the bedroom, down the stairs and into the lounge. She slammed the bedroom door shut, finally deciding to give in for the night. I lay there on the couch trying my best to get to sleep but all I could think about was Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey people =] Thanks for the comments and subscriptions. More of those = more chapters from me =]]
P.S. Any Paramore or Madina Lake fans? Check out my other story: 'Everything starts with something'. I need more readers or I may stop writing it... so let me know if its worth continuing!