Status: Slowly Active

Six Feet Under The Stars

twenty.

The day I had been dreading arrived all too quickly and I soon found myself clutching Colby’s hand as we stood at the entrance to our new school. Kids were passing us in huge numbers and as the last few stragglers turned up we decided to brave the inside.

The school was pleasant enough when it was empty but I could already imagine the hoards of students at intervals between classes and at lunchtime; it was an image that really didn’t appeal to me. Together Cole and I found our way to the admissions office where we collected our timetables, and a map of the school.

“Well at least we have the same...homeroom,” I muttered squinting down at the piece of paper as Colby laughed quietly to himself; I was still getting used to the whole American language thing.

As we headed off in the general direction of our class the only sounds that were shared between us were the constant reassurances.

Neither of us had ever been the new kid at school, it must have been hard enough being the newbie at a school in your own country, but when you spoke with a different accent I guessed you just gained yourself more attention that you wanted.

We were definitely late when Colby knocked on the door before pushing it open, revealing an entire roomful of curious people. I bit my lip out of nervousness and followed my brother into the room slowly, trying to keep myself hidden behind his larger frame.

“You must be our new students, would you like to introduce yourselves?” a fairly old lady asked us and Colby nodded politely and pushed me out in front of him.

I focused all of my attention on a guy in the back row, he was the only one not staring at us like we were meat and it was feeding time at the zoo. I tried my best to ignore all of the pairs of eyes on me as Colby finished telling people about himself.

I continued to stare at the blonde guy in the back row even when he glanced up to look at me, I coughed quietly before introducing myself as Bracken, Colby’s twin sister, “Oh and don’t believe a word he tells you, he’s a compulsive liar.”

I felt my brothers hand pull at the back of my hair and I smiled slightly before taking one of the last two remaining seats, conveniently situated next to the guy I couldn’t help but instantly like. Usually I wasn’t a shallow person but this guy I would have dated for the pure fact that he was gorgeous.

I attempted to focus on our teacher, failing miserably. Nothing she said made any sense to me, half of the problem was that I had no idea how the school system worked in this country, the other half was because I was still totally eye flirting with my neighbour.

“Are you getting any of this?” Colby whispered to me from the seat in front of mine and I shook my head like a moron.

“Nope, we’re just going to have to wing it,” I answered back when it dawned on me that he couldn’t see me shaking my head.

A rather breathy laugh was emitted from beside me and as I glanced up to pose the question of what was so funny I found myself once again staring at the guy who sat beside me, a smirk planted on his gorgeous face.

He held out his hand and when I looked at him funny he spoke, asking me for my timetable, “Follow me, all of your classes are either with me or right next to me,” he practically ordered after reading my sheet for a few minutes. I nodded dumbly and turned back to face the front, a ridiculous blush creeping up my neck towards my cheeks. I coughed gently in order to clear my throat and kicked the back of Colby’s chair when I noticed that he was laughing.

A rather irritating bell signalled that home room was over and I quickly stood up, grabbing my bag with ease. I wanted to escape quickly and unnoticed but my plan didn’t come along as well as I had hoped. My new guide grabbed my arm harshly and pulled me along the corridors at a pace I could barely manage to keep up with.

Next thing I knew I was being thrust into a half empty classroom all by myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i sort of eventually managed to write this chapter, but i'm still stuck for what to write on the most part.
Anyway, comments and stuff would be nice =].