‹ Prequel: I Must Be Dreaming

Never Say Always

20- You Found Me.

Image
Beautiful banner by memories-r-forever! (: ♥

“Are you sure you want to go through with this? I mean, I'd rather you go see your Mom--”

I sighed, rolling my eyes. Since when do I get invited to the album press of the famous Jonas Brothers? And either way, I had to literally force myself as Kevin couldn't bring Laura – the only way she could come is if she could be my plus one.

“I'll be fine,” I cut Laura off unexpectedly. Her hands were intertwined with Kevin's tightly as he whispered sweet nothings into her ear.

As the limo came to a halt at our destination, the other 2/3 of the band were caught red-handed, staring at me. I rolled my eyes out of irritation and looked out the window, to see the devil herself talking to my boyfriend. Great, she was ready to corrupt him too!

Well, this was also probably going to stink up a right good fuss with Camshitta Belle isn't it? I get out of a limo with her boyfriend, and Josh and her will look on with a look of shock plastered on their faces as Joe wraps his muscular arm around my waist and pose for the cameras.

“Are you ready, babe?” I heard Laura whisper as I scooted over by the door, watching almost in slow motion as the Limo door opened.

Well it was a bit too late to back out now Laura, I can't exactly hide in here forever. I simply nodded and tried flattening my long-length dress further.

I felt Joe grab my hand in comfort, and surprisingly – I didn't want to pull back. It was almost like it was his silent way of telling me that he was there, and he'll help me.

I plastered on a fake smile and brushed my hair out of my eyes, “Let's rock this shit.” I spoke confidently before walking out onto the carpet, Joe still walking side by side.

“Stop, we have to pose for the cameras – give them what they want,” Joe whispered into my ear as we gathered onto the red carpet, his hand brushing against the small of my back, making me shiver.

I put my arm around his waist as he pulled me closer into him, I was quickly met with his signature abercrombie scent. It took nearly everything in my willpower to not look up at him and just jump him right there, but I had to control my hormones.

I sighed as the fake smile that was plastered on my face was being shot down by Camilla and Josh on-looking Joe and I. They obviously hated the fact that we were so close, but after all the drama that has gone on – we need the media to believe that we are friends and nothing more.

I sighed as Joe motioned for me to walk off the stupid carpet, as we headed directly towards a smirking Camilla, and a fuming Josh. Oh great, I wonder what kind of shit she's said to him now – this is going to be great.

Joe, Katy! How are you today?

Joe had obviously pulled us in another direction as we headed towards the interviewers for magazines, their tape recorders ready for whatever we had to say.

“I'm fine, I'm just really happy to be here – I'm proud of the boys.” I smiled up at Joe as he winked flirtatiously at me, my heart rate quickening.

Oh no, Katy. Put your stupid emotions to the side for one night. Please don't make an utter fool of yourself – better still, just pretend that you don't have any feelings for him at all. You need to hate him, remember?

Are you two together again?

I almost hit the floor with that comment, and if it wasn't for Joe's strong arm around my waist, I probably would have been on the floor. Damn the reporters and their personal questions. What was it to do with them, any ways?

“We're just friends,” Joe chuckled as he pulled me into a side hug. Nice acting skills, Joe. “But any guy would be lucky to have her.”

I almost vomited at that over rated line. Seriously, Joe – you could of done better with that! He just made me look like some total tool just stood there, taking in this bad press for any dip of fame. Ugh, I hate this.

How do you feel Katy, after your miscarriage?

My heart felt like it was about to be ripped in two. I could already feel the tears fill my eyes as I looked away from the reporters and felt Joe's arm tighten around my waist, as if he was going to make it all okay. Damn you, Joe Jonas.

“She's coping brilliantly,” Joe spoke out – my shocked face looking up at him. “We're all here for her, and she knows that everything happens for a reason.”

There was nothing I could do but just smile and agree with everything that was being said. It was almost as if I was a by-stander in this, like I was actually afraid to open my mouth and say something.

I felt Joe tug on my waist slightly as he pulled me away from the reporters, again heading towards a now livid looking Camilla, standing very close to Josh. What did I tell you? She's out to ruin my life, I know it.

“You did amazing, Katy. Did I tell you that you look beautiful tonight?” Joe cooed in my ear before we came face to face with them.

Camilla quickly plastered on that fake smile of hers as she took Joe's arm from around me and shoved me out the way slightly, knocking into Josh intentionally.

“Sorry,” I mumbled as I felt Josh's arm sneak around my waist. It wasn't the same, I didn't feel safe – I didn't feel protected.

“Camilla, I'd like you to meet Katy. Katy, Camilla.” Joe flashed his million-dollar smile as I cringed inside.

Great, he was rubbing my face in the fact that he was with Camilla, and she just looked like a total smug bitch.

“Oh I've heard so much about you! Joey, why don't you introduce Josh to your brothers, I feel like I need to get to know Katy!” Camilla squealed in a girly accent as I felt a stabbing pain in my stomach.

Oh dear lord, Joe please don't leave me alone with cruela devil. I get these bad feelings for a reason, and I'm obviously not getting this bad feeling for nothing!

I watched as Josh pulled his arm off my waist and walked away with Joe – I had all the hope in the world that Joe would just run back, whisk me off and never let me speak to this bitch again, after all – she ruined me.

“You bet, I know quite a lot about you and your life, Katy.” I heard her sneer as she pulled me into a bone-crunching hug, literally.

“You can't threaten me, Camilla – why should I be intimidated by a home wrecking whore?” I smirked as I pushed her off me, the anger boiling in my veins.

“I will ruin you, Katy – you better watch how you're stepping tonight, you never know when things can just.. blurt out.” I felt like I had been hit in the face as her smirk was actually patronizing me.

Just how much did she know? I had to show that I wasn't threatened. Come on, Katy. Bring out the confident liar in you, show her you aren't scared of some whore that has your seconds.

“I dare you, Camilla. You don't have the nerve.” I seethed as Camilla's expression changed to a deep scowl as she steps towards me again.

“I will do anything to get rid of you, Katy. Joe's mine, and he always will be – you just need a lesson on that one. Maybe tonight you'll get it.” She smiled cutely at me again before passing me, knocking into my shoulder on purpose.

“Oops, I'm sorry.” she giggled in that fake tone again. Ugh. What a skank. “Oh wait, no I'm not.” She spat before walking over to where Joe and the others were.

For the first time that night, I felt more than threatened – I felt alone. Josh wasn't there to help me, Joe was too busy greeting and thanking people for being at their album release, and Laura was stuck to Kevin's side like a lovesick puppy.

Let's just hope tonight goes according to plan, or I might just suffer a fucking nervous breakdown.

Tell me, how can you sleep?
How can you breathe?
Baby, tell me how
How you love me now
Tell me, how can you sleep?
How can you breathe?
I hate when you say
How you love me now

Lights out
I found out
My falling star
Goodbye
The sunrise is here
There's no more you and I..


*

“Thank you for being here tonight, to celebrate our new album release.” Nick shouted into the microphone, clearly out of breath from the set list they had just played for the audience. Kevin then came up to the microphone and looked out into the crowd, before locking eyes with me.

“But this one last song unfortunately isn't on our album, it's a beautiful song by Benton Paul – and we feel that one person should really hear this.” Kevin looked at Joe and Nick hesitantly before Joe took the microphone off Kevin and started walking towards our table.

I could only imagine what Camilla looked like right now, and the face Josh pulled on our table wasn't exactly welcoming as his Arm tightened around my waist so hard that my side was beginning to throb. It was almost like Joe knew exactly what he was doing as he walked to our table, and bent down next to me, extending his hand.

“Will you come with me, my lady?” Joe smirked up at me as I looked back at Josh, who's death grip had now loosened so I could get up.

The audience laughed as I smiled and nodded, getting up as his calloused hands intertwined with mine, the same magic that I felt all them years ago still creating such a fuss now.

I looked at the stage which was getting prepared, a single stool in the spotlight as Nick and Kevin faded into the darkness, getting their guitars tuned to the song.

I have to be honest, I had never heard this song before – so I was quite anxious to know what it was about. As we reached the stage, Joe gestured me to sit on the stool, and suddenly everything came rushing back to me – as if the light was sending me a signal.

“This song is for you Katy, I hope you like it.” Joe called into the microphone softly as he still hadn't let go of my hand, now kneeling down onto his knees as Kevin started the melody.

In a crowded place, I see just your face
And it looks so familiar
I can't get to you, though I'm trying to
There are just too many barriers

But I only see you, in all that I do
To the rest I am blind
I don't want something new, other than you,
For the rest of my life

People talking lough, I can't hear the crowd
You are so much more appealing
I'll be honest girl, you've become my world
And I'll spend my life exploring

'Cause I only see you, in all that I do
To the rest I am blind
I don't want something new, other than you,
For the rest of my life

Promise I'll always be there for you
If you give met he chance
Promise I'll never be less than true

And I'll only see you, in all that I'll do
To the rest I'll be blind
I don't want something new, other than you
For the rest of my life..


I heard about four hundred people, as well as myself gasp as the meaning of that song was obviously evident – but I didn't care. The only people in that room right now was Joe and I. Nothing could beat that feeling I got when he sang, when he held me, when he kissed me.

Before I knew it, the tears were rolling down my cheeks as Joe finally let go of my hand to wipe them away softly with his thumb. My heart was in so much bliss at this point that I felt like I was going to either collapse or just scream the house down in excitement.

“Katy, I have something I want to ask you.” Joe spoke into the microphone again, digging into his jacket pocket and getting a small, velvet box out.

If that's what I think that is, then I already knew the answer in a heartbeat. He was willing to humiliate himself in front of his friends, his family, his co-workers, other celebrity's for me. Joseph Adam Jonas has now officially been crowned the love of my life, period.

“Will you make me the happiest man alive and be mine forever--”

“NO! This wasn't supposed to happen! This was supposed to be my ring! You bitch!” Next thing I knew, I was being knocked off that stupid freaking stool and being pummeled to the ground by a crazy bitch called Camilla Belle.

I felt her being lifted off me by Kevin as he struggled to restrain Camilla – Joe was soon by my side, helping me up. Well, I bet this is a right good show for the audience, I bet they're loving this.

“How could you ditch me for someone like her? Joe, she's not one of us – she never will be!” She screamed, finally getting out of Kevin's grasp and grabbing the microphone off Joe, facing the audience.

“I don't love you Camilla, I love Katy – and it's about time everybody knew that. I don't wanna lie anymore.” Joe confessed, the velvet box still clutched in his other hand tightly.

“It's about time everyone knew about Katy, isn't it?” Camilla looked at me evilly before turning to the audience again.

“Did you know that her mother disowned her? That she got raped, that she got abused by her step-father, that she was in an abusive relationship with her ex-boyfriend, that she turned to drink and drugs to cope, that she cheated on her ex boyfriend with Joe? What does that make her, hmm? She's nothing but a bare faced liar. So tell me, who likes you now Katy?” Camilla looked at me again, a clear smirk written across her face.

“You bitch.” Joe seethed, but this only made Camilla more happy.

“Now everybody knows who you really are. I told you I would ruin you, and there you have it. I hope your both very happy together.”

At this point I didn't even bother to hear what Joe had to say, because I lifted up the end of my dress and began running, and I didn't care where I ended up.

Everything has just come out, my whole life – my past, the one thing I didn't want people to find out; the one thing that kept everybody from judging me.

The next thing I know, my knees were being scraped amongst the floor as the pain wretched through my body, a loud sob emitting from my lips. Everything was messed up – everybody would hate me, Wayne would come after me again.

I felt a strong pair of arms pick me up and cradle me, and I suddenly recognized the scent. Abercrombie. Joe had saved me again, he had chased me – he hadn't given up on me.

“I'm here Katy, I'll always be here. I'm so sorry, for everything.” I heard him whisper into my hair as he kissed my forehead lovingly before sitting me down on a step, the tears still falling effortlessly.

“How'd you know?” I questioned, looking at him again.

“I think I must have the sixth sense,” He chuckled, earning a smile from me. “You know I always find you, no matter where you are.”

I sighed, falling into his chest again. I felt at home, I felt comfort – I felt stability. I felt protected, I felt guarded. He provided me the things that I had been scared to feel over the years, and there he was – tearing down the walls I had harshly placed up against my heart.

“So how about it?” He questioned, the little box in his hand now opened, revealing the most beautiful Diamond ring "How would you like to become Mrs. Jonas?"

I smiled and gave him my left hand, pecking him on the cheek.

"You know, I think that's the most brightest idea you have ever had."

I watched as he slid the ring slowly onto my finger, kissing it tenderly before looking deep into my eyes.

"I love you, Mrs Jonas-to-be."

Yeah, I could honestly get used to that – as a matter of fact, I could get used to being with Joe forever.

Where were you, when everything was falling apart?
All my days were spent by the telephone that never rang
And all I needed was a call that never came
To the corner of 1st and Amistad

Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me
Lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late, you found me, you found me.

But in the end everyone ends up alone
Losing her, the only one who's ever known
Who I am, who I'm not and who I wanna to be
No way to know how long she will be next to me

Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me
Lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late, you found me, you found me.

Why'd you have to wait, to find me, to find me?
.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ready? say AWW together!
Anyway, this is really important - so please read.


Okay so apparently my story has been reported twice for apparently copying another author. Seriously, do some people just like terrorising my freaking story? I had already told this person that I was going in a different direction, and knowing that they have reported me twice, well, that just goes to show what kind of person they really are. Plus, it's almost like they are begging for the attention by constantly sticking in the authors note all the time - hense this freaking stupid rant I am having to pull out. Seriously guys, I don't want to do this - but I feel like I have to to save my own story from it being deleted by Mibba.

So I have come to this decision...
Jaty is going on a short break. It'll be about two weeks tops - because seriously, I cannot be bothered to write a story that is constantly under attack from some idiot author trying to tell me what I'm copying on her story. CORRECTION: If you have say I have now copied your story after this chapter, well then you must be kidding - I haven't even read your story for more than three weeks. BUT! I am not leaving you in the dark, I am going to be updating, and I'll be replying when people send me comments on my profile. I am terribly sorry guys - but I feel like this is for the best - I don't want Jaty to be deleted, because they are my babies.

So for the meantime, follow me on my other Joe story, Run Baby Run Don't Ever Look Back!
Because I'll be writing alot on that one whilst this is on semi-hiatus.

Thank you all so much for your support, and I'm sure your all seriously happy that Jaty is back together. I know I am.

So tell me what you think about this chapter, and I'm 100% sure that Jaty will be back before you know it, kicking ass and fighting drama as per usual. (:

I LOVE YOU ALL. PLEASE STICK AROUND - YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

I love you all to death.

COMMENT? REVIEW?

♥