Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Dig Through The Wreckage

Ashley frowned after Madame Pomfrey shooed her out of the Hospital Wing. Apparently, Ashley was well enough, now, to be treated like a wet newspaper. She sighed to herself as she walked down the hallway; Eyes searching every nook and cranny, every shadowy place, and upturning every rock on her search.
During her journey, she ran into many fellow house mates -- all unknowing as to what Mia's location was. A few times, Ashley saw Malfoy around a corner or through a window and noticed that he didn't look to well. His face was paler than usual and his mouth was set into a scowl. She'd make a note to ask him about it later tomorrow during their detention.

"What the... ?" Ashley leaned against a wall, crossing her arms over her chest. Had she really just thought about asking him about his mood? She shook her head, dismissing the thought. "Impossible." She couldn't have really just felt some sort of emotion about him. She didn't feel anything towards him. Well, besides the blind-sighting hatred.

So, why did it annoy her that she knew he was upset about something?

"Talking to yourself, are we?"

Ashley silently thanked Merlin as Brandon rounded the corner, smiling brightly. Brandon grinned as he rested against the wall beside her. Taking note of the hard set line of her mouth, he nudged her shoulder, gaining her attention. "Something wrong?"

"Yes," Ashley sighed. "I can't find Mia."

"Mia?"

Ashley nodded.

"Is Mia a pet or--"

"No." Ashley groaned, pushing off the wall. "She's my best friend and she's missing. No one knows where she is and I can't find her."

Brandon watched as Ashley glared at the ceiling and nodded, reaching for her hand. "C'mon."

"Where are we going?"

"To see Snape."

"Why Snape?"

"He's just around the corner." Brandon laughed. "And I don't think we'd be able to see the Headmaster today, anyway."

Ashley smiled as Brandon tugged her along. Still, she couldn't escape the nagging feeling in the back of her mind that told her something was bothering Malfoy. And it bothered her that this was upsetting her, some. She didn't understand why she couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

Impossibly wrong.

***

"Zabini!"

Blaise turned around to see Malfoy stalking his way, fists clenched and eyes blazing. Malfoy was determined to get to the bottom of this. He didn't know why, but he knew Zabini had hit Quille -- he'd seen it. And he wanted answers.

"Hey, Malfo--"

"Shut it, Zabini." sneered Malfoy. "Why'd you hit Quille?"

"Does it matter?"

"Why'd you do it, Zabini?"

"Why are you so inter--"

"Now!" Malfoy bellowed, shocking the boy in front of him. "I want to know. Now."

"S-She was ge-getting into things that are n-none of her business... "

"Like, what?"

"She was asking a-about M-Mia, and--"

"What about Lanston?"

"Nothing." Blaise answered quickly. He averted his gaze towards the floor, sighing. "She's gone, alright? Mia left."

"She left?"

"Yeah. We found out that... She was... "

"Spit it out, Zabini." Malfoy spat.

"She's just gone, alright. I-I don't want to talk about it."

Malfoy nodded. "Is she coming back?"

Blaise frowned. "I think so... "

Malfoy sighed, turning on his heel. He had one bit of information -- He knew what happened to Mia. At least, some part. Still, he couldn't get rid of this nagging feeling that he did something wrong... Something he'd never do again.

He had helped Ashley Quille.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness. I just wanted to update. This is just a filler. We find out what happened to Mia in the next update.

Thanks for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!!

xoxo - Meg.