Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Delusional

Ashley mashed her lips together as she became more aware of the pounding in her head. Her head throbbed in perfect rhythm with her heartbeat and her throat was scratchy and dry. She opened her eyes and looked around, blinking lazily. She didn't remember falling asleep. Nor did she remember falling asleep in the Courtyard.
She yawned, covering her mouth with her hand, and took in her surroundings. Everything was the same; Same school and same Ashley. She checked herself over once more before standing up and stretching, lifting her hands above her head. She frowned as she brought her hand to her lips, feeling the swollen mess. Had she fallen down?

"Finally up, eh?"

She jumped when she saw the bored-looking blond sitting on the bench she just sat up from. How had she not noticed him? She tilted her head, arching an eyebrow, and crossed her arms. "What are you doing, Malfoy?"

"Waiting for you to wake up." He answered as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Did," She frowned. "Did I fall asleep in Potions? Snape is going to kill me. I'm going to get more detention--"

"Quille."

"--and he'll owl my parents--"

"Quille?"

"--and then I'll get kicked out of school--"

"Quille!" Malfoy yelled, looking on in amusement. "What are you going on about?"

"I fell asleep in Potions, didn't I? That's why I'm out here, right?"

"No," He laughed. "Don't you remember anything?"

Ashley shook her head, watching him intently. He knew something she didn't and, probably, wasn't going to tell her. Well, without her giving him something first. She looked to the ground as something popped into her head. "Why are you out here, Malfoy?"

"I told you. Waiting for you to wake up."

"And why was I asleep?"

He smirked, standing up in front of her. He easily towered over her small frame. His smirk widened when he noticed her eyes linger over his mouth -- She must have remembered something. "You really don't remember, do you?"

She shook her head. "No."

"Nothing?"

"No."

"Anything?" He questioned. "Anything at all?"

"Well," She pursed her lips, furrowing her eyebrows. "I remember this morning. And talking to Hermione. And... " Ashley's head snapped back in mock horror as she glared at Malfoy. "What did you do to me?"

"Me?" He laughed, raising his eyebrows in disbelief. "What made you think I did this to you?"

"Well, for one, you were here when I woke up. Right beside me. Waiting."

"There's a whole school full of girls like you, Quille. Next."

"Girls like me?" Ashley scoffed. "What kind of girl am I, Malfoy?"

"Delusional. Next."

"Delusional? How am I delusional?"

Malfoy smirked. "You really don't remember a damn thing, do you?"

"No!" Ashley groaned, pushing him in the shoulder. "You won't tell me anything! How am I suppose to remember when you--"

Ashley's eyes widened as Malfoy's lips came in contact with hers. He gripped the back of her neck, securing himself, as he pressed himself closer to her body. Ashley raised her hand to slap him but was easily defeated when he grabbed her wrist with his free hand, locking it at her side.
Malfoy pulled away slowly after he felt her relax. His breathing was a little bit rougher and his chest heaved from loss of air, but, then again, so did hers.

"Remember that?" His voice was lower than normal. Their distance didn't change after their small connection and neither of them seemed as if they were going to move any time soon.

Ashley sighed, closing her eyes. "Why... Why did you do that?"

He shook his head. "I don't know." Malfoy was his full blast with what had just happened. He wasn't ready to commit to anything unrealistic; Or anything. He wasn't too sure of his advance, now.

"Why--"

"I'll see you tomorrow, Quille." He murmured, stepping away. "We've got the Hogsmead trip."

"But--" Ashley was confused as she watched him walk away. "Wait!" She frowned when he just kept walking. She would never admit it, but she felt something in that kiss. Not for the person, though. Just the kiss.

At least, that's what she was trying to convince herself of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to everyone who's commented and messaged me to update -- Sometimes I just need a little reminder that I've got people waiting on my updates. I hope you enjoyed this update. The dance will be in two more updates. Hogsmead trip in the next one, then the dance. Should be eventful.

Thank you so much for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg.