Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Seductive

"Ready?" Snape's voice bellowed out over the room. "Take the Vanarian Root and dice it up. After it's come to a boil, add the Horachien Powder along with the Fenley Leaf. Let it sit for five minutes, then take it off." He turned towards his desk and took a seat. Smirking to himself, he sifted through some viles before calling, "Remember - The potion will take affect on the first person you set your eyes on. And, the girls will stomach the potion."

Ashley frowned as she picked up the Vanarian Root and began dicing it into small pieces. It was rough and hard to get the knife through, but didn't smell nearly as bad as the Fenley Leaf. She just hoped it didn't taste as bad as it smelled.

"So," Malfoy mused, peering into the cauldron. "How long does it last?"

"Does what last?"

"The potion."

"I'm not sure." Ashley dumped the remainder of the root into the water. "Hopefully, not long. I don't want to be forced to look at you anymore than I already have to."

He laughed. "Sure, Quille. You're just dying to get close to me."

Ashley scoffed. "No. No, I'm not." Malfoy went to open his mouth when Ashley cut him off. "Trust me."

Malfoy just smirked and crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair. He watched as Ashley occasionally stirred the contents and pulled some hair behind her ear. He couldn't help but chuckle at the way her nose scrunched up when she got a whiff of the potion. To be honest, it didn't smell too pleasant. Without realizing, he had managed to let an actual smile slip onto his lips while watching the brunette beside him.

Ashley opened her mouth but shut it instantly, smirking at the boy.

"What?" Malfoy drawled, arching an eyebrow.

"You." Ashley tilted her head, her smirk widening. "You're smiling."

"No, I'm--" He quickly formed his mouth into scowl. "Just hurry up with that, Quille."

Ashley laughed, nodding her head, as she began adding the rest of the ingredients. About three minutes later, their potion was completed and both of them were huddled over the small vile that now contained it. Ashley picked it up, holding it between her fingers, and raised her hand.

Snape rolled his eyes, waving her off.

"Well," Ashley sighed. "I guess, I'm suppose to take it now."

Malfoy watched with anticipation as she raised it to her lips and hesitantly downed the whole thing. She swayed on her feet a moment before he reached out to grab her elbows, holding her still. He froze when Ashley went pale, thinking that they had made a mistake with their potion somewhere, but, then, relaxed as her eyes fluttered open.

"Quille?" Malfoy shook her shoulders gently. "Are you alright?"

Ashley's face held a blank expression. She blinked a few times before finally registering who was standing in front of her. She tilted her head to one side and smiled, chewing on her bottom lip. "Draco."

"Good." He sighed. "You're alright. Now, we can... What?" He paused, looking her over. Well, their potion worked, alright. Ashley was looking at him as if she couldn't wait to get him all alone. He smirked as an idea popped into his head. He cleared his throat. "Uhm, Professor? Quille isn't feeling too well. I think our potion wasn't right."

He eyed Malfoy for a second before nodding. "Very well. Escort her to the Hospital Wing."

Malfoy grabbed her arm and pulled her along until they were in a deserted corridor. He checked both ways before smirking, pushing her up against the wall. Her head hit the wall with a soft thud. Ashley gripped the back of his neck and pulled him closer, pressing herself against him. Without warning, Ashley had crashed her lips onto his. He didn't mind, though, as his tongue fought with hers for dominance.
Within a minute of their little display, something inside Malfoy's head clicked. He untangled himself from her and stepped back, shaking his head. Ashley frowned and stepped forward.

"No." He warned. "Just stay there, Quille."

"But, Draco--"

"Stop."

"B--"

"Ashley," He sighed, grabbing her hand. "Come on. I've got to get you outside. Maybe the fresh air will help."

As soon as they stepped outside into the courtyard, he noticed a change in her actions. She no longer tried to drape herself over his arm or attack his neck with her mouth -- She just sat beside him, calmly. He jumped, slightly, when he felt her fingers brush against his and, slowly, let his hand form around hers. He looked over at her and smiled; A true, genuine smile.

Maybe, he could pretend for a while.

Pretend that things wouldn't go back to normal when the potion wore off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't have much to say this time. I appreciate all of your support and patience with my slow updating. Thank you to all of you who commented the last chapter!! It means so much to me. Thank you.

Thanks for reading and, please, don't forget to comment for me.

xoxo - Meg.

P.S. - I want you all to go check out my friend's riababii08's new Draco story. It's called Weird Can Be Beautiful. Go give it a shot! Thank you.