Status: Slowly Active

Shake the Glitter

Quidditch

Ashley nibbled on her lower lip while Harry sorted through the bundle of papers in his hands. Beside her, Ron began fumbling with sleeve of his uniform, sighing loudly. It was the second year that Ron played a part on the Gryffindor Quidditch team and the fourth for Ashley, having started in her third year. Poor Ron still got the best of his nerves when practice time came around.

Harry cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the restless group before him. "Alright," He announced. "This year, we have a couple of new additions, so I'd like to begin practice a week earlier for their benefit. Please, help them all you can out there. Our first game is against Slytherin, so I want to make sure we all know what to do."

"Harry," Ron groaned, crossing his arms. "I think we all know how to play."

"Well, some of us haven't had the experience, Ron."

"They know the basics."

"Quiet," Harry mumbled. "Anyway, if the two new additions would step forward... " Two boys stepped up; One small and the other fairly muscular. They both stood on unstable legs, clutching their brooms tightly to their chests. "I'd like to have you two run laps a few minutes before the rest of the team. Warm up."

The boys nodded, setting their brooms on the ground, and took off towards the field. They circled the track three times before Harry instructed the rest of the team to follow, himself joining shortly after. Ashley and Ron laughed at each other while they attempted to outdo the other. In the end, Ashley took the race by a foot, although, Ron came fairly close before he tripped over his own two feet.

"Good." Harry breathed, bending over to grip his knees. "I think we're all good with the physical workout. Now, let's get out there and practice in the air."

Ashley smiled, gripping her broom, and set foot out towards the field. Before she was able to kick-off, she noticed a clad of green-clothed people in the stands, watching their practice. Ashley frowned as she felt the bubbling feeling in her stomach rise.

"Don't worry, Ash." Harry wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "They're only here to use the field next. They won't mess with us during a practice."

"I know." Ashley sighed. "I just wasn't expecting an audience."

"Me neither."

Ashley turned her attention away from the Sytherin's to watch Harry and the rest of her team run off to the field. Looking back to the opposing team, she noticed a certain blond watching her. But, he didn't look happy to see her. In fact, he looked pretty angry. But, then again, what was she expecting? Him to run up and wrap his arms around her? No. Not Malfoy.

"Kind of cute, huh?"

Ashley jumped, spinning around to see one of her teammates, Sarah Jameson. "What did you say?"

"I said," Sarah smiled, blushing slightly. "He's kind of cute, huh?"

"Who?"

"Well, Malfoy. Who else?" Sarah grinned, stealing a glance at him. "Don't you think?"

"Well... I don't know."

"Come on." Sarah laughed. "He's gorgeous; Despite the attitude."

Ashley laughed nervously. "Sure, I suppose."

"Well, I think he is." Sarah quipped, skipping off towards the field.

Ashley rolled her eyes, mumbling under her breath as she followed. She wasn't sure why, but, she wanted to claw Sarah's eyes out for saying that. She wanted to pull her hair out and laugh. She wanted to throw her into the Black Lake and watch the monster swallow her whole. But, she wasn't jealous.

No... She couldn't be.

She didn't own him, after all. They weren't together. And, anyway, they were suppose to be a secret.

It was then that Ashley decided -- She'll be the best damn kept secret he'll ever have.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! I went on vacation to Myrtle Beach with my boyfriend for a bit, so I couldn't update for you. But, I'm back now. Here's an update! Thank you all so much for the support! I love you, readers! Next one out soon.

Thank you for reading and, please, don't forget to comment!

xoxo - Meg.